Looking for Zozibini Tunzi (Miss Universe 2019) Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|The Famous for||Miss Universe Beauty Pageant 2019 Winner|
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters– 178 cm
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Measurements of Figures (approx.||33-26-35|
|Date of Birth||Saturday, 18 September 1993|
|Age as of 2019||26 years|
|Place of Birth||Tsolo in Eastern Cape, South Africa|
|Hometown||Tsolo in Eastern Cape, South Africa|
|Schools||Butterworth High School Eastern Cape, South Africa|
|College/University||Cape Peninsula University of Technology Cape Town, South Africa|
|Higher Education||• Bachelors Degrees in Public Relations LinkedIn
• B.Tech. in PR Sierra Leone Time
|Hobbies||Walking and cooking|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not married|
|Parents||Father– Lungisa Tunzi
Mother– Philiswa Nadapu
• Yanga Yayaer Tunzi
• Sibabalwe Ngxizaar Tunzi
• She has one more sister
|Shows||Game of Thrones (2011)|
|Collection of Cars||Mercedes Benz
Some Lesser Known Facts About Zozibini Tunzi
- Zozibini Tunzi is a South African model and winner of the beauty pageant “Miss Universe 2019.”
- Her birthplace was in the Eastern Cape of South Africa.
- She used to work at Ogilvy Cape Town, while she was pursuing her graduation.
- Tunzi was a contestant in Miss South Africa 2017. While she was among the 26 top semi-finalists, Tunzi did not get to be one of 12 top contestants.
- In 2019, she participated in the same beauty pageant, and on 26 June 2019, she was selected among the top 35 semi-finalists. Following a number of contests, she was finally selected to be one of the sixteen finalists in July 2019.
- She was crowned Miss South Africa on 9 August 2019. The event was broadcasted live on Mzansi Magic channel of South Africa. Pretoria’s Sun Arena was the venue for the beauty pageant.
- Tunzi was crowned as the 61st Miss South Africa by Tamaryn Green of Western Cape (60th Miss South Africa). The first runner in the pageant was Sasha-Lee Olivier, who represented South Africa in Miss World 2019.
- Tunzi was awarded R1million, a car and an apartment in Sandton Johannesburg. Tunzi was not allowed to live in the apartment during her Miss Universe entry.
- Tunzi represented her country in the Miss Universe beauty pageant held at Tyler Perry Studios, Atlanta, Georgia on 8 December 2019. Steve Harvey (American comedian and TV personality) hosted the event. The entire event was also broadcast on Fox TV.
- Zozibini Tunzi was crowned as the Miss Universe 2019 by Catriona Gray (Miss Universe 2018 from the Philippines).
- The first runner up of Miss Universe 2019 was Madison Anderson from Puerto Rico and the second runner up was Sofía Aragón from Mexico.
- Tunzi’s role model is her parents. Tunzi stated in an interview that her parents are her role models.
My mother taught me the importance of being kind and humble and always helpful to those around me and my father taught me the importance of education, hard work and discipline.”
- Tunzi was the third Miss South Africa title holder who won the Miss Universe crown. Two other women won the Miss Universe crown: this title were Margaret Gardiner (1978) and Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters (2017).
- Numerous celebrities from all walks of the globe congratulated her for her victory in Miss Universe 2019. Oprah Winfrey Tweeted congratulations to her
Congrats Miss South Africa! Agree with you…leadership is the most powerful thing we should be teaching young women today. Welcome to our Leadership Academy, #OWLAG. for Girls.”
- She was asked her last question in Miss Universe 2019’s final round. Her answer was “leadership.” She added,
It’s something that has been lacking in young girls and women for a very long time – not because we don’t want to, but because of what society has labelled women to be. I think we are the most powerful beings on the world, and that we should be given every opportunity.And that is what we should be teaching these young girls – to take up space.”
- In New York Fashion Week 2019, she walked on the ramp for Maxhosa is the South African fashion label founded by Laduma Nyokolo.
- She adored Miss World 1994’s beauty in a Facebook post. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
- Her active work has continued. for women’s rights and equality and promoting the “HeForShe” campaign (a solidarity campaign for The UN initiated the promotion of gender equality.