Looking for Vidit Gujrathi’s Age, Caste and Family. Biography & more. Read through this article.
|Full Name||Vidit Santosh Gujrathi Sportstar|
|Profession||Player in Chess|
|Beloved For||Obtained the Grandmaster title in January 2013.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Coach||• International Master Anup Deshmukh
• International Master Roktim Bandopadhyay
• Grand Master Alon Greenfield
|Accomplishments||• Finished second in Asian Youth Championship in U-12 category in 2006
• Won the World Youth Chess Championship in U-14 category in 2008
• Won a bronze medal in World Junior Chess Championship in Turkey
• Captain of Gold winning Indian team in FIDE Online Chess Olympiad 2020
|Date of birth||Monday, 24 Oct 1994|
|Age in 2020||26 years|
|The birthplace||Indore, Madhya Pradesh|
|Schools||Fravashi Academy, Nashik|
|Food habits||Non-Vegetarian Instagram|
|Hobbies||Trekking, Photography, Playing games|
|The Controversy||Unidentified attackers attacked Vidit Gujrathi, Indian Grand Master Vidit Kunte, and Lalit Babu in Makati (Philippines). Gujrathi posted about the attack on Facebook and also expressed concern about poor conditions in the Philippines. FIDE saw the post, and took immediate action to address all of these issues. Scroll|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Married but unmarried|
|Parents||Father– Dr. Santosh Gujrathi
Mother– Dr. Nikita Santosh Gujrathi
|Siblings||Sister– Vedika Gujrathi|
Here are some lesser-known facts about Vidit Gujrathi
- Vidit Gujrathi has a long history in the world chess. At an early age, he began coaching chess. His first success was in the Asian Youth Championship U-12 in 2006.
- He was the third Indian player to achieve the title Grandmaster in January 2013. He is India’s third-highest rated Grandmaster player, with an Elo rating 2700.
- Vidit was the first Indian player to win the World Youth Chess Championship under-14 in 2008. Vidit scored 9 out of 11 points, which is the last norm that will make him an International Master.
- Vidit achieved the final norm to become the Grand Master in the eighth round of the Rose Valley Kolkata Open Grandmaster’s tournament in 2012. He was third overall in the tournament.
- Vidit placed third during the Hyderabad International Grandmasters 2013 chess tournament. He won Rs. As the prize money, Vidit received 1.5 lakhs. He became captain of the Gold winning Indian team at the FIDE Online Chess Olympiad 2020.
- Vidit played at Tata Steel Chess India Blitz, Kolkata in November 2019 with Magnus Carlsen. This game ended in five moves and it was the shortest game of Magnus Carlsen’s career. Vidit and Tanmay Bhat as well as Samay raina responded to the video via a live stream. this game.
- Vidit produced two best-selling DVDs for ChessBase offers tips and tricks for The beginners. They are titled “The Fashionable Caro-Kann Vol. 1, Vol. 2 by Vidit Gujrathi.”
- Vidit won a scholarship from the Sports Authority of India and ONGC. Alon Greenfeld was Vidit’s coach and he helped him to prepare for the competition.
- Om Swami, founder of Black Lotus, offered sponsorship in August 2020 to Vidit Gujrathi, a chess champion. Black Lotus is an app for mediation that has seen rapid growth in the app stores. Both Vidit and Black Lotus reached a deal using a combination of stock and cash. ANI
- Many people began streaming online after the Covid-19 pandemic hit the world. Vidit Gujrathi is one of them. Vidit, along with YouTubers Samay Raina and Tanmay Bhat has been streaming chess online. He even included fellow chess players such as Radjabov and GM Srinath.
- He defeated Vishwanath, a five-time champion of the world in 2019, in what was his greatest chess victory. In 2018, he played Anand. for He was interviewed for the first time, and then he analyzed his strengths as well as weaknesses. Times of India