Looking for Umar Khalid Height, Age, Girlfriend and Family Information. Read through this article.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters175 cm
in feet inches– 5’ 9”
|The approximate weight||in kilograms65kg
in pounds– 145 Pounds
|Take Body Measurements (approx.||Chest 36 inches
– Waist 30 in
– Biceps is 13 inches
|Date of birth||1989|
|Age in 2021||32 years|
|Place of Birth||Jamia Nagar, Delhi|
|School||Rai School, New Delhi|
|College/University||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Education Qualifications||MPhil or MA|
|Hobbies||Participating in conferences, debates and learning about Adivasis|
|Political Inclination||Communist Party of India|
|Controversies||• In February 2016, he was arrested for Kanhaiya Kan Kumar raising anti-national slogans during a student protest
• In July 2016, he was caught in another controversy when he praised Burhan Wani in a facebook post.
• Delhi Police booked him under UAPA for His alleged provocative speeches during the visit of American President Donald Trump to India in February 2020. The Delhi Police Special Cell took him into custody on 14 September 2020 for He is accused of being involved in the Delhi Riots investigation. On 15 April 2021, a Delhi court granted him bail in connection with an FIR alleging “criminal conspiracy” in a northeast Delhi riots case. The Hindu
|Affairs, Girls and Other|
|Marital Status||Not married|
|Parents||FatherSyed Qasim Ilyas, Social Activist and Owner of an Urdu Magazine
Sisters– Kulsum Fatima
|Musician(s)||Kabir Suman – The Banned, MC Kash|
|Film(s)||Lion of the Desert: Landless, Beautiful Life|
|Tv Show||Coke Studio|
|Book(s)||To Kill A Mockingbird, Until My Freedom Has Came|
Here are some lesser-known facts about Umar Khalid
- Is Umar Khalid a smoker?Answer:
- Is Umar Khalid a drinker of alcohol?:
- His parents were from Maharashtra’s Amravati. He moved to Delhi in the 1980s.
- He was born in New Delhi, and he completed his education there.
- Although he was raised in an extremely religious home, he didn’t take any interest in religion. His sister said, “He has always been a Marxist. He didn’t believe in Allah. Despite our family being very religious, he chose to be a non-believer, because he also questioned God.”
- His student-made film on Islamophobia was released in 2009.
- Yale University invited him to also study there. for He was offered a semester, but he declined and decided to stay in India. According to his father, he declined the invitation because he was looking for work. for The minorities of his country.
- The students of JNU staged a demonstration on 9 February 2016 against Afzal Guru, the 2001 Indian Parliament Attack convict and Kashmiri Separatist Maqbool Bhhat’s capital punishment. Umar was alleged to be shouting anti-national statements and was arrested four days later along with the JNU Students’ Union President Kanhaiya Kumar.
- After the arrests, BJP was criticised heavily in the pretext of attempting to silence political dissent. A number of students from the University came in support of him and classes at the University were stopped for several days.
- 2016: A JNU panel recommended Khalid’s rustication and Kanhaiya receiving a penalty. The students moved to Delhi High Court which directed the university to place the matter before an appellate authority to review the panel’s decision.
- After many media houses claimed him a terrorist, his father in his clarification said, “My son and Kanhaiya Kumar are the worst victims of the media trial. My son is being called a terrorist and someone who travelled to Pakistan, even though he doesn’t have a passport. He may be anything but he’s not a terrorist.”
- He was released from jail and his supporters greeted him on campus. There he delivered a passionate speech where he made comparisons to freedom fighters.
- Following his bail being granted, he got into yet more trouble when he in July 2016 compared Burhan Wani to Che Guevara. He in his Facebook post wrote, “I don’t care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting. These were the words of Che Guevara, but could have just been Burhan Wani’s too.”
- His father on his ideologies said, “His ideology has become his worst enemy. His MA and MPhil were at such an prestigious university. He was a highly meritorious student. The country’s media is slowly turning on him because he is a perfect fit: A Muslim face with views that don’t gel with the State’s opinion on things.”
- In July 2018, the JNU’s high-level inquiry committee upheld the decision of his expulsion in connection with the 9 February 2016 incident. He was studying Historical Studies PhD.
- Umar managed to escape a shooting attempt by an attacker on the Constitution Club of India, 13 August 2018. He fled on foot after the assailant abandoned his weapon.