Looking for Tania Shergill (Indian Army), Age, Husband. Family. Biography. Read through this article.
Tania Shergill’s Lesser-Known Facts
- Tania Shergill (Indian Army Officer) is a descendant of a long list of Indian Army Officers. On 15 January 2020, she became the first woman Parade Adjutant of the Indian Army on “Army Day.” She is also selected to lead an all-male contingent during the 2020 Republic Day Parade.
- Her family is fourth to have enlisted in the Indian Army. During her early years, she grew up hearing tales about the “Indian Army” from her father and grandfather.
- It was an easy decision to join the Indian Army for She was ready for it for You can start it at an early age.
- Her father was in the “101 Medium Regiment” (Artillery), and her grandfather was in the 14th Armed Regiment (Scinde Horse), armoured corps. After her father’s retirement in 2017, her parents moved to Garhdiwala in Hoshiarpur District, Punjab.
- Her grandfather, a Sikh Regiment soldier, was her great-grandfather and served in World War II. He was a Japanese prisoner and had served in the Burma campaign.
- Tania attended school in Mumbai. She used to stay with her mother, while her father was posted in Jammu & Kashmir and the Northeast.
- During the final year of her engineering career, she applied to Officers Training Academy. In 2017, after completing her training at OTA, she got commissioned into the “Corps of Signals.”
- She became the Army Day Parade’s first female leader on 15 January 2020. She was selected as the “Parade Adjutant,” and she led the parade at the Cariappa Parade Ground in Delhi Cantonment.
- The “Parade Adjutant” is the Officer responsible for Directing and conducting parades
- When she was asked how it felt to be first woman parade adjutant after the Army Day Parade she replied:
Fauji means a woman. A fauji is a woman, male or female. Once you wear the uniform, you are all officers”
- They had traveled from Hoshiarpur with their parents to see the Army Day parade, 15 January 2020. According to her, “In an interview she stated-
It is an indescribable feeling to see your daughter become an army officer. Most men are made army officers. After 72 years, there is a woman parade adjutant, it is a matter of great pride”
- On the 26th of January 2020, her contingent will consist of 146 men. Her contingent will be saluting the President. Ram Nath Kovind At her command.
- She is the second woman to lead an all-male contingent at the Republic Day Parade after “Lieutenant Bhavana Kasturi,” who had led the first all-male contingent in 2019.
- Anand Mahindra tweeted a clip of Tania leading the Army Day parade. She was also incredibly inspiring, and the video she posted of leading her parade should be viral.
Get it now this It gives me goosebumps. This is so inspirational. Tanya Shergill is what I’d call a true celebrity. THIS video should be trending…not just the Tik Tok variety… https://t.co/YkimZKpxLR
— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) January 16, 2020