Looking for Sundar Pichai Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Full Name||Pichai Sundararajan|
|Profession||For Business Executives|
|Beloved For||As the Chief Executive Officer of Google (CEO),|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters- 180 cm
In meters 1.80 M
Feet Inches 5’ 11”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of birth||July 12, 1972|
|Age as of 2019||47 years|
|Place of Birth||Madurai Tamil Nadu India|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School(s)||• Jawahar Vidyalaya, Ashok Nagar, Chennai, India
• Vana Vani school located in IIT Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|College/University||• Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
• Stanford University, California, US
• Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, US
|Higher Education||• B. Tech in Metallurgical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
• M. S. in Material Sciences & Engineering from Stanford University, US
• MBA from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, US
|Awards||Padma Bhushan, Trade and Industry 2022|
|Habits of Food||Vegetarian|
|Hobbies||Reading, Watching, and Playing Football (Soccer), Cricket, Sketching. Playing Chess|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Anjali Piichai (Chemical engineer)|
|Children||Son– Kiran Pichai
For the Daughter– Kavya Pichai
|Parents||FatherRegunatha Pichai was an Electric Engineer.
MotherLakshmi Pichai was a Stenographer.
|Siblings||Brother– Srinivasan Pichai (Younger)
|Bollywood actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Sports||Soccer and Cricket|
|Football player||Lionel Messi|
|Football Club||FC Barcelona|
|Newspaper||The Wall Street Journal|
|The Cars Collection||Range Rover, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Porsche|
|Assets/Properties||A $6.8 million house in Los Altos Hills, California
|Salary (approx.||$2 Million annually as of 2020 Business Today|
|Net worth (approx.||$1.3 Billion (As of 2018)|
Sundar Pichai’s Lesser-Known Facts
- Sundar Pichai is the CEO of “Alphabet” and its subsidiary “Google LLC.” He is the highest-paid executive of the search-giant- “Google.”
- Pichai excelled at cricket as a child. He was the high school captain and showed leadership qualities.
- Pichai not only secured a degree in Metallurgy from one of the most prestigious institutes in India but also managed to earn a scholarship to Stanford University, where he studied materials science and semiconductor physics.
- As Pichai’s father wasn’t financially well-off, it was difficult for His father will send him overseas for Higher education. However, his father somehow managed to spend $1000 from the family savings to cover Pichai’s travel and additional expenses.
- When he studying at the “Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania,” he was named as the “Siebel Scholar” and “Palmer Scholar,” respectively; as he was one of the most talented students.
- Only a few people know that Pichai is not an early “Googler.” Before joining Google in 2004, he used to work as a management consultant with “McKinsey & Company,” which specializes in metallurgy.
- Pichai joined Google on April 1, 2004. Interestingly, it was the very day that Gmail was launched.
- Pichai’s wife, Anjali Pichai, was his classmate at IIT Kharagpur. Their strong connection meant that they could remain close friends despite distances and even years.
- Pichai and Satya Nadella were also being looked at. for the post of Microsoft’s CEO. The former became the Microsoft CEO and Pichai remained at Google.
- Reportedly, in 2011, Pichai had made up his mind to leave Google and join Twitter’s core team. Google didn’t want Pichai leaving, so they gave him a huge $50 million stock option and kept him.
- While he’s considered one of the most politically neutral and correct executives in the company, Rubin was still at odds with Andy Rubin who used to head Android. Rubin eventually left Google to start a robotics project.
- Pichai, the original CEO of Google at that time Eric Schmidt suggested the idea to launch a Google Web browser. Google Chrome has become the number one web browser worldwide.
- Pichai was the third Google CEO after Eric Schmidt and Larry Page.
- Pichai was credited with opening up the Android team. The Android unit had been viewed as an outlier unit by Google before Andy Rubin took over Android.
- Chennai’s November 2015 flooding was devastating for Pichai’s grandmother who was stuck in a building for Four days of no water, food or cellular connection. His grandmother was forced to move to the second story because the water levels rose.
- Pichai is an avid fan of the football club “FC Barcelona,” and he watches every single match of the club.
- On December 3, 2019, Sundar Pichai replaced Larry Page as CEO of Google’s parent company, Alphabet Inc. Larry Page decided to step down as the CEO and Pichai was appointed as the CEO of both Google and Alphabet.
- Sundar Panchai received a substantial package worth $240 Million in performance-based stock options over the next three year. It was the highest performance awards package offered to any executive of Google ever, and the second-highest ever in the world of tech, behind Apple’s Tim Cook.
- On 8 June 2020, in an address to students during a virtual graduation ceremony, Poichais revealed that it took a year’s salary of his father to buy a plane ticket to the United States when Pichai left India for Stanford. Pichai,