Looking for Sonu Nigam Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Profession(s)||Singer, Music Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
Feet Inches 5’ 7”
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date of birth||31 July 1973|
|Age in 2020||47 Years|
|The birthplace||Faridabad, Haryana, India|
|School||J.D. Tyler School, Delhi|
|College||University of Delhi (New Delhi)|
|Higher Education||For Graduates|
|Make your debut||Singing: Bewafa Saam (1995; Bollywood)
Album: Rafi Ki Yaadein Vol 10-20 (1993)
Music Direction Sooper Se Ooper (2013)
Film actor: Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani (2002)
|Families||Father– Agam Kumar Nigam (Singer)
Mother– Shobha Nigam
SistersMeenal and Neekita, (Younger).
|Hobbies||Gymming or Reading?|
|Honors and Awards||National Film Award
• Best Male Playback Singer, for At the 51st National Film Awards, the song “Kal Ho Naa Ho” was performed by the Kal Ho Naa Ho film (2003).
• Best Male Playback Award, for Saathiya, the song from the movie Saathiya (2002/2002).
• Haryana Gaurav Samman by the Haryana Government
• Padma Shri (Art) 2023
|Controversies||• A huge controversy arose in 2015 after he supported Radhe Maa by saying- “Just my 2 pence. Kaali Maa depicted wearing less than Radhey Maa’s clothes. It is interesting that this A country would like to sue a female for She was very proud of her clothing.”
• He had some heated arguments with Babul Supriyo at the Hotel Sun-n-Sand in Juhu over the issue of royalty earned on songs.
• In April 2017, he landed himself in trouble after he posted a series of tweets regarding the sound of Azaan that he termed it as “forced religiousness.”
• After his tweets on the use of loudspeakers at mosques, a West Bengal cleric’s issued a fatwa by which he will pay INR 10 lakhs to shave off Sonu’s head. Sonu then invited Aalim Hakim, a hairdresser to trim his hair.
• After the release of the film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016) in which Anushka Sharma mocked Mohammed Rafi by saying “Wo Gaate Kam Rote Zyada The,” Sonu Nigam, being a huge fan of Rafi, lashed out at the filmmaker Karan Johar.
• At the Agenda Aaj Tak Summit in December 2018, he made a controversial statement by digging at the adoration that Pakistani singers enjoy in India. Sometimes I feel like it would have been more enjoyable if my family was from Pakistan. At the very least, I’d get offers from India.
• Following the suicide of Sushant Singh Rajput, Sonu Nigam posted a video on Instagram on 18 June 2020, accusing two music companies in India of diminishing his image and having full control over the entire music industry in India. A second video was posted by him on 22 June 2020. In it, he accused Bhushan Kulam of damaging his reputation and not supporting new talents within the industry. Later, Sonu Nigam was also addressed by Bhushan Kumar’s wife, Divya Kumar. The Quint
|Food||Paneer makhanwala, paneer Kofta, Gulab Jamun, Butter Chicken and Tandoori Chicken|
|Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan|
|Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Marlyn Monroe|
|Films||Bollywood: Amar Prem, Kunwara Baap, Half Ticket, Sholay
Hollywood: Sixth Sense
|Musicians||Mohammed Rafi. Lata Mangeshkar. Micheal Jackson. Whitney Houston. George Michael. Cliff Richards. Mariah Carey.|
|Song||“Duniya Rang Rangeeli Wah Wah” by K.L. Saigal|
|Book||Richard Carlson: Don’t Sweat the Small Things|
|Destination||Greece, Egypt, New Zealand|
|Affairs and Girls|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||It is not known|
|Salary||Rs. 5-7 Lakh/song|
Sonu Nigam’s Lesser-Known Facts
- Does Sonu Nigam smoke?: No
- Sonu Nigam is a popular Indian playback singer who is called “Elvis Presley of India.”
- Sonu gave his first stage performance at the tender age of 3 on the popular song “Kya Hua Tera Vaada.”
- Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan, a classical singer, was his first teacher.
- At the age of 10, Sonu made his Bollywood debut as an actor by playing the role of young Shatrughan Sinha in the film ‘Taqdeer’ (1983).
- In 1989, at the age of 16, he performed on Mahabharata’s title track.
- In 1991, he shifted to Mumbai from Faridabad, and during his initial days, he used to sing cover versions to Mohammed Rafi’s songs.
- Sonu’s first super-hit song was “Accha Sila Diya” from the film ‘Bewafa Sanam’ (1995).
- Due to his similar singing style to Mohammed Rafi, he was earlier called as “Rafi clone.”
- His albums of the 90s – “Kismat”, and “Deewana” were huge hits.
- He would be a great singer if he wasn’t a musician.
- His debut film as a lead actor was ‘Love in Nepal’ (2004).
- He firmly believes in fitness and is trained in ‘Taekwondo.’
- He is afraid of cockroaches.
- He enjoys doing mimicry of fellow singers and Bollywood actors, which is often seen in various events.
- He has sung songs in various languages like Hindi, English, Oriya, Tamil, Assamese, Punjabi, Bengali, Malayalam, Marathi, Telugu and Nepali.
- He did Hindi voice-overs for Hollywood animated films “Aladdin” and “Rio.”
- He hosted singing reality shows like ‘Sa Re Ga Ma’ (1995-1999), ‘Kisme Kitna Hai Dum’ in 2002, and ‘Life Ki Dhun’ Radioshow in 2006.
- The National Award was presented to him. for the song “Kal Ho Naa Ho” from the film ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’ (2003).
- The National Award was presented to him. for the song “Kal Ho Naa Ho”, he had a hairstyle similar to that of
Late A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, the then President of India.
- He co-judged ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs International’ with Suresh Wadkar in 2007.
- In 2016, Sonu Nigam disguised as a beggar on the streets of Juhu and performed an act, called ‘The Roadside Ustaad.’
- After developing a severe skin reaction to seafood, he was taken to Nanavati Hospital Mumbai in February 2019.
View this post on Instagram
Thanks for your concern and love. Now that you know that I am returning back from Jeypore Orissa after managing a concert last night, I now don’t mind sharing how I was the day before yesterday. ? Lesson for all of us, Never ever ever ever take a chance with allergies. Sea food in my case. If Nanavati Hospital wasn’t near by, my trachea would have swollen up further and lead to asphyxiation. Happy and Healthy life to everyone. #health #lifeisbeautiful #goodfortune
- Following Sushant Singh Rajput‘s death, he posted a video on Instagram on 18 June 2020 in which he accused two music companies of having complete dominance in the entire music industry in India.
On 22 June 2020, he posted another video in which he allegedly took Bhushan Kumar‘s name and accused him of diminishing his image in the industry. Bhushan Kumar was also warned by him that he had mistreated the right person.
Later, Bhushan Kumar’s wife, Divya Khosla Kumar also posted a video On Instagram in which she questioned Sonu Nigam over his allegations. he also termed him “thankless.”