Looking for Sivamani, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Profession(s)||Indian Percussionist, Music Director|
|Beloved For||A.R. Rahman’s lead drummer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Black (now bald).|
|Make your debut||Telugu acting: Padamati Sandhya Raham (1987), as Ronald
Album (Solo): Mahaleela (2008)
Tamil Music Director Arima Nambi (2014)
Bollywood Music Director: Atkan Chatkan (2020)
|Instruments||Drums, Octoban, Darbuka, Udukai, Ghatam and Kanjira|
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||2009: ‘Kalaimamani’ by the Tamil Nadu Government
2015: ‘Best Instrumental Act’ at the prestigious Live Quotients Awards (LQA 2015)
2019: Government of India – ‘Padma Shri’
|Date of Birth||1 December 1959|
|Age as of 2023||61 Years|
|The birthplace||Madras, Tamil Nadu (Now Chennai), India|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Wife/Spouse|| Runa Rizvi (m. 2014)
|Children||Son: Kumaran Sivamani
|Parents||Father– S. M. Anandan
Mother– Lakshmi Anandan
Sivamani: Some less-known facts
- Sivamani was just seven when he started drumming. Later, he moved to Mumbai for more exposure to the music industry. At 11 years of age, he was still playing drums.
- A.R. is his real name. Rahman‘s lead percussionist and also played percussion on Rehman’s widely recognized artwork – Roja(1992). He is also a prominent figure among other film scores of Rahman, including Mustafa..Mustafa(Kadhal Desam 1996) and Humma..Humma (1995)).
- Sivamani, in an article by The Hindu stated that he didn’t go to music school to learn drums. Sivamani was always a good listener. for Beats can be created and composed without the use of any electronic equipment. Music can be created from any object, including suitcases and water bottles as well as kitchen utensils.
- A self-taught musician, his passion is music. for At a very young age, drums were lit. S.M., his father was a percussionist. Anandan played the percussion in K.V. Mahadevan’s group.
- Although he isn’t a professional drummer, he did help clean out the drum kits of musicians who visited his home. He would fix the mic stands, clean them and would organize the drum kit as per the musician’s need just to feel the instrument.
- He used to spend hours with his friends practicing to perfect his art while sitting on top a bullock car on Chennai’s wall tax basin bridge. This allowed him to create a hand technique which would be very useful for him. for years.
- He draws inspiration from many artists, including Noel Grant and Louis Banks, as well as Trilok Gurtu, Prakasam, Louis Banks, Louis Banks, and Billy Cobham. He still considers S.P. Balasubrahmanyam his godfather as he says,”He introduced me to the world” and that is why he is able to come so far in his musical voyage.
- Sivamani, who was originally replaced by Maestro Ilayaraja at the beginning, became a permanent part of the band and helped to build good relationships with other musicians both in malayalam and Tamil music.
- On stage, he was joined by Ustad Zakir Hussain (tabla virtuoso). for He was honored with a memorable concert.
- Sivamani, who is renowned for his jazz-carnatic playing style, collaborated with Hariharan. for Kaash(2000), a brand new experimentation was released. for His ghazal style.
- Sivamani was seen performing before A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. He said this in an interview with The Hindu
After the show was over, Kalam sir came on the stage as he wanted to play the drums”
- In 1997, Sivamani went to South Africa to play at the inauguration ceremony of South Africa’s Robben Island prison that was being transformed into a museum where he played before South African President Nelson Mandela.
- He was also associated to Chennai Super Kings, and played drums. for In 2008, and 2010, the Indian Premier League had the same team.
- Sivamani shares his feelings about the power and importance of practice to anyone who asks for advice.