Looking for Sitaram Yechury, Age, Wife and Children, Family Biography, & Other? Read through this article.
|Profession(s)||Polititician, columnist, writer, and economist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters– 173 cm
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
|Political Party||Communist Party of India (Marxist).
|Political Journey||• 2005: Elected to Rajya Sabha
• 2006: Became the Mmmber of Committee on Home Affairs
• 2006: Became the Chairman of Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture
• 2006: Became the member, General Purposes Committee
• 2006: Became the member of the Parliamentary Forum on Population and Public Health
• 2006: Became the member of the Committee on Ethics
• 2006: Became the member of Business Advisory Committee
• 2009: Became the member of the Joint Parliamentary Committee
• 2010: Became the member of the Indian Council of World Affairs
• 2012: Became the Chairman of Committee on Agriculture
|Date of birth||12 August 1952|
|Age in 2020||68 years|
|Place of Birth||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Schools||All Saints High School Hyderabad|
|College/University||St. Stephen’s College Delhi (B.A.Economic Honours), Jawaharlal Nehru University [M.A. in Economics]|
|Education Qualification||Economics Masters|
|Address||29, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||You can read, write and listen to music.|
|The Controversy||A section of society heavily criticized him after he tweeted that yoga is “dog’s body movements”. He was criticized for his comparison to Yoga poses, and he received a lot hate tweets.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Wife/Spouse||Your first spouse– Indrani Mazumdar
The Second WifeSeema Chisti Yechury, Journalist
|Children||Son(s)Ashish, an elder; died from COVID-19 at 35 on April 22, 2023.
Dolly– Akhila Yechury (Professor)
|Parents||Father– S.S. Yechury Engineer
MotherKalpakam Yuchury (Government Official)
|Favorite sports||Lawn Tennis|
|Assets/Properties||Bank deposits: 34 Lakh
Jewellery: 5 Lakh
The Total Value 62 Lakh
|Salary (approx.||Rs. Rs.|
|Net worth (approx.||Rs. 1 Crore|
Sitaram Yechury: Lesser-known Facts
- His family was a Telugu one in Madras, and he did his education mainly in Andhra Pradesh.
- He shifted to Delhi after the Telangana agitation of 1969, from where he completed his higher studies.
- In his youth, he was strongly influenced and enthused by the Communist Party.
- He achieved the All-India first rank in the CBSE Examination.
- He joined the Student Federation of India in 1974.
- He loved lawn tennis and was an avid sportsman at college. His university also had him representing lawn tennis.
- 1974 saw him sentenced to death. for Opposition to Internal Emergency He was elected. for the President of the JNU’s Student Union.
- He was appointed the All-India Secretary to SFI in 1978. In later years, he went on to be the All India President. SFI was his last stop in 1986.
- In 1984, he was elected to the Central Committee of the CPI(M).
- Vina Mazumdar (an academic and left-wing activist) was his first wife. With her, he had two children and one daughter. He then later married to Seema Chisti, the Resident Editor of Indian Express.
- He was the Rajya Sabha’s first member elected in July 2005.
- He is a strong critic of U.S.A’s foreign policy and has also criticised the visit of Barack Obama on Republic Day.
- Yechury has authored some great books like “Left Hand Drive”, “What is this Hindu Rashtra”, “Socialism in 21st Century”, “Communalism vs Secularism,” and “Ghrina Ki Rajniti.”
- Sitaram, the General Secretary for CPI(M), was elected in Vishakhapatnam on 19 April 2015.
- His election as CPI’s General Secretary (M) was in April 2018.
- Yechury has also headed the Party’s International Department.