Looking for Sisir Adhikari Age, Caste, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Full name||Sisir Kumar Adhikari Election Commission of India|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt and pepper|
|Political Party||• Indian National Congress (1972-1998)
• All India Trinamool Congress (1998-2021)
• Bharatiya Janata Party (March 2021-present)
|Political Journey||• Sisir Adhikari was Member of Gram Panchayat, Basudebpur, West Bengal from 1962-1967.• Adhikari became Commissioner of Contai Municipality, West Bengal from 1969-1971.
• Sisir Adhikari became the Chairman of Contai Municipality, West Bengal in 1971 and joined the Indian National Congress in 1972.
• Adhikari continued to hold the position of Chairman of Contai Municipality, West Bengal till 1981.
• He became the Chairman of Contai Municipality, West Bengal again in 1986 and held the position till 2009.
• He became the Member of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly from Kanthi Dakshin assembly seat(1982-1987).
• During his tenure as the Chairman, Contai Municipality, he joined the newly formed All India Trinamool Congress in 1998.• Adhikari won the Kanthi Dakshin assembly seat again and became a member of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly(2001-2006).
• He contested for West Bengal Legislative Assembly was established by Egra in 2006. It remained in power until 2009.
• Sisir Adhikari got elected to Lok Sabha thrice in 2009, 2014, and 2019.• Adhikari became Minister of State for Rural Development was established in 2009, and it remained in power until 2012 under Prime Minister Manmohan Sing’s government.• He was appointed as Member of the Standing Committee on, Rural Development, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping from 1 September 2014 – 25 May 2019.
• Adhikari was again appointed as the Member of Standing Committee on Rural Development, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways in September 2019.
• Sisir Adhikari joined the Bhartiya Janata Party(BJP) on 21 March 2021, at a rally organised at Egra, Purba Medinipur, in presence of the Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
|Date of birth||Wednesday, September 19, 1941|
|Age in 2021||80 years|
|Place of Birth||Karkuli, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Purba Medinipur, Karkuli|
|School||K.M Vidyabhawan (1958)|
|Higher Education||I.Sc. (apperared 1960). CEO West Bengal|
|Religion||Hinduism The Wire|
|Address||Vill. Karkuli, P.O. Contai,
Distt. Purba Medinipur-721401
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son(s)– Suvendu Adhikari
NotificationSisir Adhikari is the mother of four boys and one daughter.
|Parents||Father– Late Kenaram Adhikari
Mother– Kadambini Adhikari
|Collection for Cars||• Mahindra XUV 500
• Honda Jazz 2014
|Salary (approx.||Rs. 50,000Lok Sabha|
|Assets/Properties||• One flat at, 37/6A, S.N.Roy Road, Behala, Kol-37 Mouza-Sahapore,
• Plot no-309, 310, & 312 at Mouza-Dharmadasbar.
• Plot no-335,339 at Mouza-Karkuli.Election Commission of India
|Net worth (approx.||2.01 74,541 Rupees Election Commission of India|
Sisir Adhikari: Some less-known facts
- Sisir Adhikari was the Convenor of the “Bhumi Uchhed Protirodh Committee” during Nandigram Movement in Singur, West Bengal.
- Suvendu Adhikari’s son, also a famous politician, joined BJP following his departure from All India Trinamool Congress.
- Sisir Adhikari occupied the post of Chairman, Contai Municipality West Bengal for In total, it is around 34 years.
- Sisir Adhikari was a 26-year veteran of the Indian National Congress. She also served 23 years with the All India Trinamool Congress. Before joining Bharatiya Janata Party, she joined the Bharatiya Janata Party on March 20, 2021.
His son Suvendu Adhikari, is contesting the 2021 West Bengal state assembly elections from the Nandigram seat, against his former party’s supremo Mamata Banerjee. Sisir Adhikari spoke at an Egra rally.
It is an uphill battle for Medinipur’s prestige. Whatever Suvendu is saying will turn true, Suvendu will win Nandigram.”