Looking for Shivraj Chouhan’s Age, Wife and Family. Caste, Children. Biography. Read through this article.
|Nickname||Mama is a common name in Madhya Pradesh.|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party / BJP
|Political Journey||1972: Joined Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh
1975: Took the office of President of Students Union Model Higher Secondary School
1978: Assisting as the organizer secretary for Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad
1978: Destroyed the ABVP Joint Secretary
1980: Named the General Secretary for ABVP
1982: Participated in the National Executive of ABVP
1984: Became Joint Secretary of Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha
1985: Became the General secretary of BJYM
1988: Became president of BJYM
1990: Budni Constituency – Elected to State Assembly
1991: Became Convener for ABVP
1991, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2004: Constituted as a Member in Parliament (MP).
1992: Became General Secretary of BJP Madhya Pradesh
1993: Became Member of Consultative Committee on Labor and Welfare
1994: Was elected Member of Hindi Salahkar Samiti
1996, 1997: Amass the rank of Member in Chief for Urban and Rural Development
1997: In Madhya Pradesh, he was elected the General Secretary for BJP
1998: Became a member of the Committee on Urban and Rural Development and its sub-Committee on Ministry of Rural Areas and Employment
1999: Amass the Membership of Committee on Agriculture, and Public Undertakings
2000: Became National President of Yuva Mocha
2000: He was elected Chairman of the House Committee, and then National Secretary for BJP.
2005, 2009, 2014: Became Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh
2020: The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh took again the oath the 23rd March
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters- 175 cm
In meters 1.75m
Feet Inches 5’ 9”
|Date of Birth||5. March 1959|
|Age as of 2020||61 Years|
|Place of Birth||Budhni, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Budhni, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|College/University||Barkatullah University, Bhopal|
|Higher Education||M.A. (Philosophy)|
|Families||Father– Prem Singh Chauhan
Mother– Sundar Bai Chauhan
Brothers– Narendra Singh Chouhan (Younger)
Surjit Singh Chouhan, Younger, Politiker
|Address||Budhni Sehore Madhya Pradesh, Village-Jait and Post-Sardar Nagar.|
|Controversies||• Upon complaint of Congress leader and lawyer Ramesh Sahu, the Bhopal Court had ordered an inquiry against the Chief Minister and his wife Sadhna Singh in “Dumper scam” in 2007. Sadhna Singh allegedly purchased four dumpers for ₹2 crore and later leased them to a cement factory. Later she was found out that she had provided a fake residential address and named her husband SR Singh. The Lokayukta Police opened an investigation into the matter and registered a complaint under IPC 420 as well as Prevention of Corruption Act. The insufficient evidence meant that the case was closed and the pair were granted clean-chit in 2011.
• In 2009, an Indore-based doctor and activist Dr. Anand Rai filed a PIL in the Madhya Pradesh high court, highlighting the malpractices in the examination and recruitment process by Vyapam. This PIL motivated Shivraj Singh Chouhan, a doctor from Indore to file a PIL in the Madhya Pradesh high court. It highlighted Vyapam’s malpractices during recruitment and examination. The inquiry committee presented their report in 2011. Rai revealed in shocking detail that many Madhya Pradesh candidates were admitted to Madhya Pradesh medical schools. through fraudulent methods. Under the direction of the High Court, the Special Task Force (STF), initially investigated the case. Due to the STF’s biases, in 2015 the Supreme Court transferred the case over to CBI. Shivraj Singh Chouhan was also implicated in the Vyapam fraud, however in 2017 the CBI granted him a clean bill of health. The Vyapam whistleblowers, however, questioned CBI’s credibility and claimed that CBI had altered evidence in order to save them.
• In November 2009, to promote regionalism he asked the industrialists of Madhya Pradesh to hire locals and not Biharis. He was heavily criticised across India, particularly by Bihar politicians. He later clarified his remarks by declaring that anyone was welcomed in Madhya Pradesh.
• In June 2017, 5 farmers killed in police firing when they were protesting in Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh, demanding farm loan waivers and better rates for Their farm produce. Bhupendra Singh (the state’s home ministry) said it wasn’t the police who fired the bullets but anti-social elements. As a way to repair the damage done by the farmers agitated in Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Sing Chauhan held a fast for nearly 28 hours at Dussehra Maidan, Bhopal. But, Congress Party called it “nautanki” or a drama and an act in regret for Madhya Pradesh was set ablaze by his mistakes.
• In January 2018, he landed himself in a controversy after an undated video of him slapping his alleged bodyguard came out in media, that took place during a roadshow in Sardarpur.
|Affairs and Girls|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sadhana Sing (Acted as Secretary to Late Pramod Mahajan).|
|Wife/Spouse||Sadhana Singh (m. 1993 – Present)
|Children||Sons– Kartikey Chouhan, Kunal Chouhan
For the Daughter– 1 (adopted)
|Salary||₹2 lakh/month + Other allowances|
|Net worth (approx.||₹6 crore (as in 2013)|
Shivraj Singh Chouhan: Some less-known facts
- Shivraj was born into a middle-class family with a farming background.
- He spent a lot of his childhood swimming in calm waters of the Narmada River.
- As a 9-year-old, he displayed promising leadership qualities as he participated in the fight against cancer. for he protected the rights of village agricultural workers and was able to increase their income by two times.
- In the 70s, his teenage passion for politics led him to join Akhil Bihar Vilayarthi Parishad (ABVP).
- Due to his excellent speeching skills and great awareness about the socio-economic and political issues, he became a popular teenage leader, and at the age of 16, he became the President of Model Higher Secondary School Students’ Union.
- In Bhopal jail, he was detained between 1976 and 1977. for Participation in an underground group against Emergency.
- His M.A. gold medal is his. He is a philosopher by training and an agriculturist.
- He met his wife Sadhna Singh Chauhan, a Maharashtrian Rajput when she used to work as the secretary of Late Pramod Mahajan. After the elections, Shivraj met Sadhana and got to know each other. They were soon married.
- In 2005, he was elected Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh. Since then, it has been a position he has never left.
- He received the Krishi Karman prize for The year 2011-12 saw the highest wheat production.
- In the same year, he was awarded Indian of the Year by NDTV.
- He won the United Nations Public Service Award 2012 for Madhya Pradesh Public Service Guaranty Act.
- Chouhan was once considered “Mr. Clean’ inside the party, but the image shattered with certain scams that got opened up in the media. Although it is believed that he was not involved in the wrongdoings himself, his wife may have tarnished him.