Looking for Sarvadaman D. Banerjee Age, Height, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
• Meditation Teacher
|A Famous Role||Ramanand Sagar, “Krishna/Vishnu”, 1993.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 183 cm
In meters– 1.83m
in feet & inches– 6’
|Make your debut||Sanskrit Film: Adi Shankaracharya (1983) as “Adi Shankara”
Telugu Film: Shri Datta Darshanam (85) is “Sridatta”.
Hindi Film: M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2015) as Dhoni’s coach “Chanchal”
TV: Krishna (1993) “Krishna/Vishnu”.
|Date of Birth||14 March 1965 (Sunday).|
|Age in 2020||55 years|
|The birthplace||Magarwara village, Unnao, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Unnao, Uttar Pradesh|
|Schools||Kanpur: St. Aloysius school|
|College||Pune Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune|
|Caste||Bengali Brahmin Wikipedia|
|Hobbies||Yoga, Meditation and Traveling|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||It is not known|
|Wife/Spouse||Alankrita Banerjee (Meditation Teacher)
|Parents||Names not known
|Siblings||Brother– None known
|Beverage||Lemon Ginger Honey|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sarvadaman D. Banerjee
- Sarvadaman D. Banerjee is an Indian actor who played the role of Krishna in Ramanand Sagar‘s popular television show “Krishna” (1993). Also, he has worked in Tamil, Bengali, Hindi and Bengali cinemas.
- Born into a Bengali Brahmin family, he was raised to spirituality.
- After graduating from the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), he made his acting debut with the Sanskrit language film “Adi Shankaracharya” directed by G. V. Iyer. It won the National Film Award. for The Best Feature Film The Times of India
- After making his Telugu debut with the film “Shri Datta Darshanam” (1985), he went on to appear in a few more Telugu films, including Sirivennela (1986) and Swayam Krushi (1987).
- Sarvadaman D. Banerjee became a household name after playing the role of Krishna in Ramanand Sagar‘s epic mythological television show Krishna (1993). He spoke out about the moment Ramanand Sagar gave him Krishna’s role in an interview.
I entered and a stack of papers was handed over to me saying, ‘These are your dialogues…’ I tried to run away, but then Ramanand Sagar turned up and the rest is history.”
- Banerjee’s portrayal of Krishna made him famous and everyone began to touch his feet everywhere he went, considering him the true Lord Krishna. About the popularity of the show, Sarvadaman says,
Ramayana was originally supposed to be the show that went on air after Ramayana. for 2-3 years. It ran for 2 to 3 years. for 10 years! In a constant state of meditation, I shot the whole serial. I signed the show in 1990 and by 1994, with the rising popularity of the show, I felt that an atom bomb had fallen into my bedroom.”
- Krishna proved to be his last success on television; as he didn’t get much work after that; keeping aside a few more mythological shows, such as Jai Ganga Maiya (2001) and Om Namah Shivay (2005). Ramanand asked Ramanand about an incident. for Work, he stated.
After years of filming Shri Krishna I asked Sagar when he would direct me. His reply was: “Whenever I see you I see the supreme. So I end up folding all my hands.” There’s isn’t a better compliment that a director can give.”
- After leaving the television, Sarvadaman D. Banerjee started his dream project – a meditation centre called “Light House” in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand where Sarvadaman, along with his wife Alankrita, teaches yoga and meditation. He said, “While talking about it.
- Interestingly, Sarvadaman D. Banerjee didn’t see his television show “Krishna” for He has been doing this for a very long time. In an interview, he revealed this fact and stated that:
- According to Sarvadaman, initially, he was reluctant to play the role of Krishna. According to him,
Television was not something I wanted. Films were my first love. for 100 years. Ramanand Sagar called. Then, Ramanand Sagar called me. this invitation would offer me a role in TV and thus I didn’t want to go. I believed TV isn’t an art; even today it isn’t one.”
- Reportedly, Sarvadaman D. Banerjee and Nitish Bharadwaj (who portrayed Krishna in B. R. Chopra’s Mahabharat) were never on good terms, and they would often criticise each other’s work. The Lallantop
- Sarvadaman D. Banerjee, along with his wife Alankrita Banerjee, supports an NGO called “Pankh.” This NGO works for Uttarakhand provides education for slum kids and helps underprivileged women.
- A nature-lover and adventurer, he often makes time for outdoor adventures like trekking and skiing.
- Banerjee loves to drive cars and is often seen driving his car. for It is a lengthy drive.
- He’s a compassionate pet lover who has done a lot of work. for Take care of any stray dog.
- When it comes to environment protection, Sarvadaman never lags behind and along with his wife, he often takes part in various environmental activities, such as tree plantation.
- Apart from owning a meditation centre in Rishikesh, Sarvadaman also owns a house in Dehradun where he often pays a visit.
- He’s very concerned about his health and regularly sweats it out in the gym.