Looking for Sanjay Jog Age, Death, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|A Famous Role||Ramanand Sagar, Ramayan (1987): “Bharat”.
|Make your debut||Marathi Film: Sapla (1976).
Hindi Film: Apna Ghar (1989)
TV: Ramayan (1987)
|Final Film||Beta Ho To Aisa (1994)|
|Date of birth||Saturday, 24 September 1955|
|Place of Birth||Nagpur (Maharashtra)|
|Date of death||26 November 1995, Monday|
|Ort of death||Mumbai, India|
|Age at the death||40 years|
|Death Cause||Aliver failure|
|Schools||He attended school at Nagpur.|
|College/University||Elphinstone College Mumbai|
|Higher Education||B.Sc. Elphinstone College Maitri Manthan|
|Religion||Hinduism Maitri Manthan|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at death)||Married|
|Wife/Spouse||Neeta (a lawyer)
|Children||SonRanjit Jog (actor); image in the spouse’s section.
For the DaughterNatasha
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjay Jog
- Sanjay Jog, an Indian actor well-known for his portrayal of Sanjay Jog. for playing the role of “Bharat” in Ramanand Sagar‘s epic television series Ramayan.
- Sanjay Jog also has a reputation for His work in Marathi cinema.
- He was from a Marathi-speaking middle-class household.
- His childhood was spent in Pune and Nagpur.
- He went to Bombay, now Mumbai after completing his education from Nagpur. for He continued his studies at Elphinston College, where he pursued a B.Sc.
- His B.Sc. was completed. from Elphinston College, he did a course in acting from Filmalaya Studio in Mumbai. Meanwhile, he got an offer to work in a Marathi film “Sapla” (1976) alongside Anupama who was the leading lady and Ramesh Deo who was playing as a villain in the film.
- His debut film “Sapla” was a disaster at the box office, and it made Sanjay so depressed that he returned to his hometown Nagpur.
- After he returned from Mumbai, he was for some farming-related work, he got an offer to work in another Marathi film titled “Jidd.” It was a multi-starrer film with every possible famous name in Marathi Cinema in its cast. This film became a huge success and established Sanjay Jog’s reputation as an experienced actor.
- After Jidd, he did about 30 Marathi films, such as Gondhalat Gondhal, Maay Baap, Khara Kadhi Sangu Naye, Dista Tasa Nasta, Navri Mile Navryala, and Sage Soyre.
- Apart from Marathi films, he also did some Gujarati films, including Dikri Chali Sasariye (1985) in which he played an anti-hero. It was a huge success at the box-office.
- Apna Ghar (1989), his Hindi debut, was the first. His other Hindi films include Jigarwala (1991), Humshakal (1992), Naseebwala (1992), and Beta Ho To Aisa (1994).
- It was Ramanand Sagar‘s Ramayan (1987) that made him a household name. His portrayal of Bharat (Lord Rama’s brother) was so intense that people often cried in front of their television sets. When he was discussing how he got the Bharat role, he stated,
I played the role of Abhimanyu in a Gujarati Film called ‘Maya Bazar.’ Gopal Dada was the makeup man of this film. He also managed the makeup department. for Ramayan. He recommended that I meet Papaji (Ramananda Sagar). After meeting Papaji, I was able to exchange pleasantries. for me. Papaji had also seen my pictures in Abhimanyu’s getup.”
- Sanjay Jog gave many hits in his career, including five golden jubilees and two diamond jubilees.
- Prior to being offered the role, Laxman, in Ramayan as Bharat, he declined. for Bharat’s role. He said it while explaining the situation.
Lakshman’s character is important for Its length. He’s also remembered among his brother brothers. for The ideal Ram-Lakshman pair. When it comes to service and sacrifice, people forget this. for Ram-Bharat and his brother Ram are still remembered. No doubt if I had enacted the role of Lakshman I would have got more screen time but then I would have missed on the opportunity of working in the sensitive scenes as Bharat.”
- Sanjay Jog was a hardcore religious person and described himself as ‘super-superstitious.’
- While he could speak English and Hindi fluently, he knew Punjabi as well as Gujarati.
- He loved farming in his spare time and even purchased a plot of land near Pune. As he was talking, he stated that :
A Poultry farm is my property, as well as some land in Pune. While taking care of them, I wish to continue doing films in whatever good work I am offered.”
- His stardom did not overshadow his personal life. He maintained an easygoing, down-to-earth personality. He said in an interview that he:
My friends and I continue to eat the same foods, smoke the same things, and drink the same beverages. I don’t believe in giving ‘messages’ for My fans. I’m just a normal human being, no supernatural.”