Looking for Sadhu Kokila Age, Height, Wife, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Reliable name||Sahaya Sheelan Shadrach Deccan Herald|
|Some other names||Kokila Sadhu, Sadhu Maharaj|
|Profession(s)||Filmmaker, director, producer, actor, musician, composer, comedian, screenwriter and lyricist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters– 170 cm
In meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Make your debut||Film: Sorry (1992).
Composer: Shhh! (1993)
Director: Raktha Kanneeru
Producer: 90 (2011)
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||• 2004–05, Karnataka State Film Awards in the category of Best Music Director for The Kannada film Rakshasa.
• 2007–08, Karnataka State Film Awards in the category of Best Music Director for Kannada movie Inthi Ninna Preethiya.
• 2011, South Indian International Movie Awards in the category Best Comedian for Hudugaru is a Kannada film
• 2012, South Indian International Movie Awards in the category Best Comedian for Yaare Koogadali, a Kannada movie
• 2016: IIFA Utsavam in the category Best Performance In A Comic Role for Kannada movie Mr. & Mrs. Ramachari
|Date of Birth||24 March 1966, Thursday|
|Age in 2023||55 years|
|Place of Birth||Bangalore, Mysore State (now Karnataka), India|
|School||St. Joseph’s Indian School, Bangalore|
|Food habits||Non-Vegetarian The New Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Wedding Date||Year, 1993
|Children||SonSuraag, Music director; and Srujan. (Pianist trained in classical singing)
For the Daughter– No
|Parents||Father– Natesh (musician)
Mother– Mangala (playback singer)
|Siblings||Brother– Layendra Laya (Actor) & 1 more (Name Not Known)
SisterName Not Known – 1
Sadhu Kokila’s Lesser-Known Facts
- Sadhu Kokila (Indian actor) has worked mainly in Kannada cinema.
- He was raised in Bengaluru by a Christian family.
- The inspiration for him was his father’s musician music. He began to learn the basics of western music at an early age. S J Joseph, who was also the mentor for many legend musicians such as Ilaiyaraaja, was his first music teacher.
- Sadhu Kokila loves sports and played football. for his school’s under-13 football team; however, due to his short stature, he could not get selected in the state team of Karnataka.
- He was a drummer in 1986’s Doordarshan television series Malgudi Days. His first work as a keyboard player was in the 1987 Kannada film “Ondu Muttina Kathe.”
- His 1993 Kannada film Shhh! featured him. As KungFu Kanan, he was also the director. After his performance in the film, filmmaker Upendra Rao gave him the stage name ‘Sadhu Kokila.’
- He said the following in an interview about Upendra Rao
For several of V Manohar’s compositions, I was the music conductor. Upendra had observed my skills. When he planned ‘Shhh!’, Manohar had his hands full so Upendra roped me in as the music director.”
Upendra was a snarky guy who would just see my face. He believed I was the right person to appear on the screen. I was hesitant but he forced me to play the kung fu master’s character. I was privileged to be in the first scene alongside Kashinath. Upendra is my godfather.”
- Sadhu Kokila claims that he discovered comedy from watching Charlie Chaplin and Johnny Lever. He was also a Kannada actor alongside Johnny Lever and they have been close friends since.
- Sadhu Kokila later appeared in Kannada movies like Om (1995), O Mallige (1997), Bombat Halva (1999), Kiladi (1999) and Nagarahavu (2002).
- Raktha Kanneeru was his first Kannada film. In later years, he directed numerous Kannada films such as Rakshasa (2006), Suntaragaali (2006). Anatharu (2008), Mr. Theertha (2010) and Police Story 3 (2011).
- He also wrote the music for many Kannada films including Curfew (1994), Mangalya Sakshi (1995), Ibbara Naduve Muddina Aata (1996), Jackie Chan (1997), and Swalpa Adjust Madkolli (2000).
- His collaborations include many music directors and composers, including M Ranga Rao (and L Vaidyanathan).
- As a playback vocalist, he was employed in 2009 for Jaaji Mallige is a Kannada film. As a singer, he has performed on many stages.
- He played Musthafa’s role in Kannada movie Googly in 2013. His performance earned him the nomination for SIIMA Awards’ Best Comedian
- Loop Entertainment was established in Bengaluru by him as a film production firm.
- In 2020, he appeared as a judge in the singing reality TV show “Haadu Karnataka” alongside Indu Nagaraj, Raghu Dixit, V Harikrishna, Varijashree; the show was hosted by former Bigg Boss contestant Chandana Ananthakrishna.
- He produced and composed the title song for the Kannada television show Gowripurada Gayalligalu in 2023.
- Sadhu Kokila has been called one of India’s fastest keyboard players.
- Sadhu’s nephew was also infected by the COVID-19 virus during the second wave. for The oxygen cylinder for His nephew.