Looking for Roopa Ganguly Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Profession(s)||Polittician, former actress, playback singer|
|Celebrities||‘Draupadi’ in the Indian epic television series “Mahabharat” (1988)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters163 cm
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Start||Film (Bengali): Streer Patra (1988)
Hindi film (Hindi Film) Ek Din Achanak (1989).
Telugu film: Naa Ille Naa Swargam (1991)
Film (Kannada): Police Matthu Dada (1991)
Film (Assamese). Ranangini (1992)
Film (Odia). Ranbhoomi (1995).
Film (English): Bow Barracks Forever
TV (Bengali): Muktabandha (1986)
Television (Hindi). Ganadevta (1988).
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||• Smita Patil Memorial Award for Best Actress for the TV series “Mahabharat” (1989)
• Kalakar Award for Best Actress for the TV show “Mukta Bandha” (1993)
• Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film “Ujan” (1996)
• Kalakar Award for Best Actress for the film “Yugant” (1998)
• Kalakar Award for Best Actress for the television series “Ingeet” (2002)
• Dhaka International Film Festival Award for Best Actress for the film “Krantikaal” (2006)
• Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film “Antarmahal” (2006)
• National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the film “Abosheshey” (2011)
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party / BJP
|Political Journey||• Joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 2015
• Contested the West Bengal Legislative Assembly Elections from Howrah North and lost to the Trinamool Congress candidate, Laxmi Ratan Shukla
• Nominated to the Rajya Sabha in 2016 (In the place of Navjot Singh Sidhu)
|Life for the Personal|
|Date of birth||25 November 1966 (Friday)|
|Age in 2019.||53 Years|
|The birthplace||Kalyani, Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Kalyani, Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||Beltala Girls’ High School, Kolkata|
|College/University||Jogamaya Devi College, Kolkata|
|Education Qualification||Bachelor of Science|
|Hobbies||Read novels, listen to music|
|Controversies||• In 2017, the key accused in the Jalpaiguri child trafficking case alleged of Roopa’s involvement in the case, after which, Ganguly was summoned by the Crime Investigation Department for interrogation.
• Ganguly stirred a controversy for Making controversial comments about West Bengal’s women safety. She attacked the Mamta Banerjee government by saying, ““Send their (Trinamool workers) wives and daughters to Bengal… If they are able to survive there for 15 days without getting raped, then tell me.” This enraged the then West Bengal government, who registered an FIR against her.
• Roopa attracted a controversy for disclosing many appalling things about her life in the TV show “Sach Ka Saamna.” In the show she revealed that she had love affair outside her marriage. When asked, she even admitted that she had been in a relationship with someone else. for Bollywood directors return roles with sexual favors.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Dibyendu (Playback Singer)
|Husband/Spouse||Dhrubo Mokerjee (Mechanical engineer; 1992-2006).|
|Children||Son– Akash Mukherjee
|Parents||Father– Samarendra Lal Ganguly
Roopa Ganguly’s Lesser-Known Facts
- Roopa Ganguly was raised in Kalyani (Kolkata), a middle-class household.
- Acting was a natural instinct for her from an early age.
- After graduating from Kolkata’s Jogamaya Devi College, Roopa bagged a few Bengali TV serials.
- She earned recognition in 1986 after appearing in the TV serial “Muktabandha.”
- Her film debut came in 1988 with the Bengali film “Streer Patra.”
- Subsequently, she gained immense popularity by playing the role of ‘Draupadi’ in the Indian epic TV series “Mahabharat.”
- Ganguly has worked in many popular TV serials including “Karam Apna Apna,” “Love Story,” “Vakt Batyega Kaun Apna Kaun Paraya,” “Kasturi,” and “Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo.”
- Dhrubo Mukerjee, her husband of 22 years, was the one to whom she got married in 1992.
- Roopa had a hard time in her home life. She was denied success by her husband and she suffered greatly. for Her basic needs. Indifference led to their divorce in 2006.
- Roopa, after she divorced Dibyendu (a back singer), remained in a relationship with Roopa. for It was a brief time. Their relationship ended later.
- Roopa joined Bharatiya Janata Party in 2015
- Roopa attempted suicide three times, but was saved each time. In an interview she said that she was leaving her job. for She was married and then moved to Kolkata. After becoming a household wife, she was denied money. After she lost her job, she became a domesticated housewife. for Her daily expenses were paid by her husband. She tried to commit suicide.
- In 2009, Ganguly hosted the show “Hello Bolchi Friends” on Friends FM.
- Reportedly, in May 2016, Roopa’s car was attacked by the Trinamool Party workers in Diamond Harbour area of the South 24 Parganas district during the West Bengal Legislative Assembly Elections.
- Ganguly, in addition to being an actor and politician is trained in Rabindra Sangeet. She is also trained in classical dancing.
- They love her. for Her versatility and ability to adapt accents are two of her strengths.
- Ganguly is a member of the Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan Board.