Looking for Ritu Kumar Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Nominees Earned||Couture Rani Fashion Lady|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 158 cm
In meters– 1.58m
in feet & inches– 5’ 2”
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||• Lifetime Achievement Award by NIFT
• Lifetime Achievement Award by Kingfisher Group
• Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur Award by PHDCC
• Award of “chevalier des arts et des lettres” (knight of the order of arts and letters) bestowed by the French Government in recognition of her contribution to Indian textile crafts and traditional techniques
• Lifetime Achievement Award at the Kingfisher Fashion Fantasia (2000)
• Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Award
• Padma Shri Award (2013)
• Delhi’s Most Stylish Award by Hindustan Times (2015)
|Date of birth||11. November 1944 (Saturday).|
|Age as of 2019||75 years|
|Place of Birth||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|School||Loreto Convent, Tara Hall, Shimla|
|College/University||• Lady Irwin College, New Delhi
• Briarcliff College, New York
• Asutosh Museum of Indian Art, Kolkata
|Higher Education||• Graduate
• A course in Art History
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Shashi Kumar (Director at Ritu Kumar)
|Children||Son(s)– Amrish Kumar (CEO-Ritu Kumar)
Ashvin Kumar, Writer and Film Maker
|Food||Pav Bhaji and Chole Bhature|
|Get your beverage||Tea|
|Destination to Travel||New York|
A Few Lesser-Known Facts about Ritu Kumar
- Hers is a leading Indian female designer who started in Fashion Industry. for These are the 40 most recent years.
- Ritu Kumar was raised in a wealthy family in Amritsar (Punjab).
- Kumar’s parents were highly educated and encouraged her to get higher education in the field of her choice.
- She was inspired by her background in art history, museology and fashion design to make it her profession.
- At Lady Irwin College, Shashi met her husband. After falling in love, the couple got married.
- She started her career in a very small town of Kolkata in 1969; using hand-block printing and a couple of small tables.
- In the 1960s and 70s, she started with evening wear and bridal gowns. She then created her own niche. for Within these 20 years, she was active on the international markets.
- After being a success in India’s fashion design industry, she started her own business in 1996. She opened branches in New York, Paris and London. In 1999, the London branch was closed.
- Her company’s annual turnover was approximately Rs. 10 billion which is more than any Indian Fashion Outlet.
- She is the woman who introduced Boutique culture in India with the brand name ‘RITU.’
- Her first project was in designing, which she completed in 2002. for the movie “Bollywood Hollywood” (a Canadian movie by an Indo-Canadian director Deepa Mehta).
- In the same year, Ritu, along with her son Amrish Kumar, launched her sub-brand “LABEL.”
- Later, Kumar introduced her fragrance “The Tree of Life.”
- Ritu even designed the costumes of the Indian film “No Fathers in Kashmir.”
- Kumar’s book “Costumes and Textiles of Royal India” was published in October 1999. This book details the rich history of Indian art and textiles.
- Her designs focus on traditional printing & weaving techniques and natural fabrics.
- Her extraordinary fashion design work has made her one of India’s top designers.
- The only thing that makes Ritu Kumar an outstanding Indian Fashion designer is her intellectual and unique vision towards ethnic wears.
- Ritu Kumar designed the wedding attire of Kareena Kapoor, a Bollywood actress.
- A number of Indian Actresses including Aishwarya Rai, Anushka Sharma, Priyanka Chopra, and Vidya Balan have flaunted her designer clothes.
- Contestants in Indian Pageants such as Miss Universe and Miss Asia Pacific often wear her designer attires.
- Late Princess Diana (1 July 1961-31 August 1997) was also fascinated with Ritu Kumar’s work, and she got many masterpieces prepared from Ritu.
- Ritu Kumar did not design outfits for She has not seen any Bollywood films, but she did give IANS an interview about it.
The way things are in Bollywood, I don’t think I have the time and patience for all that.”
- Ritu Kumar is the owner of more than 35 large fashion shops located in 14 cities throughout India.
- Her domain, ritukumar.com was visited by 1,658,109 people in 2019.
- Kumar has created a video campaign “Beautiful Hands” (Based in Kolkata), which aids the sale of the graments and accessories created by indigenous craftsmen.
- Ritu Kumar operates three fashion labels, namely, “Ritu Kumar,” “Ri,” and “LABEL Ritu Kumar.”
- Kumar was one of the founding members of All India Artisans and Craft Workers Welfare Association.
- Ritu also deserves credit for Zardozi art in India is being brought back, as it was popular during the Mughal period.
- This is Ritu’s conversation: