Looking for Ritesh (OYO founder): Age, Widow, Family, Biography, & More Read through this article.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
In meters 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Date of birth||16 November 1993|
|Age as of 2019||26 years|
|The birthplace||Cuttack, Odisha, India|
|Hometown||Cuttack, Odisha, India|
|College/University||Indian School of Business and Finance Delhi|
|Higher Education||Collegiate Dropout|
|Families||Father– None known
Mother– None known
Brother– None known
Sister– None known
|Controversies||• He had some harsh time with his co-founders and employees at Oravel. Many claim that Ritesh, who cannot code and is a complete liar, has even been called a liar by some. Kunal Pandya from NCrypted Technologies, a Gujarat-based technology company, stated that Ritesh had licensed him his vacation rental portal “BistroStays” in return for Some shares are not worth it.
• In September 2019, Bengaluru Police booked Ritesh and two of his representatives for Following a complaint by a businessman, there was evidence of fraud and criminal breaching trust. Natarajan V R S, an ex serviceman stated in the complaint that he is responsible for Rajguru Shelter Hotels at BEML Layout in Whitefield. Ritesh Agarwal was the one who signed the agreement. Oyo would accept reservations, take 20% of the shares and give him the remaining 80%. But Agarwal’s representatives took 80%. Ritesh, his representative and others cheated him for more than Rs. 1 Crore. Ritesh, his associates and the Whitefield Police arrested him under IPC Section 406 (“criminal breaching of trust”) and IPC Section 420 (cheating).
• On 14 September 2020, the Mohali Police registered a case of “fraud and criminal conspiracy” against Ritesh Agarwal on the complaint of a Chandigarh businessman. According to the victim’s complaint, Ritesh and his crew cheated him from a business deal illegally with criminal intent. The Tribune
|Affairs and Girls|
|Marital Status||Not married|
|Net Worth||OYO Rooms net worth was nearly $500 million in March 2017.|
Ritesh Aggarwal’s Lesser-Known Facts
- Ritesh was only 13 years old when he sold SIM cards.
- Although he had already enrolled, for the University of London’s International Programme provided by Indian School of Business and Finance, he never really felt connected to the course and rather attended a number of entrepreneurship events.
- Ritesh, at 17, when most of the children don’t even know what to do, dropped out of the college to pursue his dream of becoming an entrepreneur.
- Then came ‘OYO Rooms’ in existence in January 2013. It’s an Indian hotel brand that owns, operates and aggregates standardized hotel rooms. The firm operates in Malaysia as well in Nepal.
- Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2013, for ‘Thiel Fellowship,’ a 2-year program initiated by PayPal founder Peter Theil. Students are trained by some of the revolutionary entrepreneurs like Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, etc. During that time, he also received a fellowship worth $100,00. Thiel was his first Asian recipient.
- His firm was founded in one Indian city and has since grown to include around 70,000 rooms across 7,000 hotels in 200 cities.