Looking for Renuka Israni Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Celebrities||“Mahabharat”, the TV epic series that starred “Gandhari” in 1988.
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters– 165 cm
In meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Start||Film: Meera Ke Girdhar (1993)
TV: Hum Log (1984)
|Date of birth||8 November 1966 (Tuesday).|
|Age as of 2019||53 years|
|Place of Birth||Jaipur in Rajasthan, India|
|Hometown||Jaipur in Rajasthan, India|
|College/University||Maharani College in Jaipur|
|Education Qualification||For Graduates|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Poetry and Listening to Music|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Married but unmarried|
A Few Less-Known Facts about Renuka Israni
- Renuka was raised in Jaipur (Rajasthan) by a middle-class family.
- She wanted to be a doctor as a child.
- An astrologer had predicted Israni would be a major in the entertainment industry when she was 15 years old.
- During college she was an all-rounder medalist.
- After her graduation, she moved to Delhi where she enrolled in National School of Drama.
- She bagged the TV serial “Hum Log” during her stay in the NSD (National School of Drama).
- In 1988, she gained immense popularity by playing the role of ‘Gandhari’ in the TV series “Mahabharat.”
- In 1993, Renuka made her film debut with the film “Meera Ke Girdhar.”
- She has featured in many films including “Karamati Coat,” “Teri Payal Mere Geet,” “Jooth Bole Kauwa Kaate,” and “Rishtey.”
- In 2011, she appeared in the TV serial “Bade Achhe Lagte Hain” as ‘Shipra.’
- She has appeared in approximately 70-80 television serials and 15 films during her acting career.
- Israni, in addition to being an actress is also a writer as well as a poet.
- She holds a strong belief in Buddhism.
- In the TV series Renuka played the role of Puneet Issar‘s (Duryodhan) mother (Gandhari). Surprisingly she’s 7 years older than him in real life.
- After playing the role of ‘Shipra’ in the TV serial “Bade Achhe Lagte Hain,” she took a break from acting; as she wanted to look after her aged parents.
- In an interview, Israni shared that she had played the role of ‘Gandhari’ even before she was cast in “Mahabharat.” Renuka said,
I played ‘Andhayug’ in Manipuri style, in which my character was of Gandhari. It was because of this that I had knowledge about this character deeply.”