Looking for Ravi Chopra: Age, Widow, Caste Family, Biography and Other Information Read through this article.
|Profession||Indian filmmaker producer and director|
|Beloved For||Mahabharat, an Indian TV series directed by Anil Kapur|
|Physical Stats & More|
TV: Mahabharat (1988-1990)
|The Last Film||Bhoothnath Returns (2014)|
|Date of birth||27 September 1946, Friday|
|Date of death||December 12, 2014|
|The Place of Death||Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai|
|Age at the death||68 Years|
|Death Cause||Phrenic nerve damageFilmfare|
|Higher Education||B.A. Hindustan Times|
|Religion||Hindu (Arya Samaji) Hindustan Times|
|Controversies||Ravi Chopra was served with a legal notice by 20th Century Fox in 2009. for The 1992 movie, ‘My Cousin Vinny’ was copied. Century Fox filed for To settle the case, damages of $1.4 Million were awarded. Fox granted Ravi Chopra permission to film a movie about the movie. It was called “Banda Yeh Bindaas Hai”, and it has not been released.The Economic Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at death)||Get married|
|Wedding Date||18 November 1975|
|Children||SonAbhay Chopra and Kapil Chopra
|Parents||Father– B.R. Chopra (producer/director)
|Siblings||BrotherAditya and Uday (cousins).|
A Few Lesser-Known Facts about Ravi Chopra
- Ravi Chopra was an assistant director in his father’s film production company, B.R. Chopra and his uncle, Yashraj Chopra. He made his debut as an independent filmmaker with Zameer (1975). Shammi Khanoor, Shammi Kaoor, and Saira Bangu were among the cast.
- In the direction of Mahabharat (the legendary TV series), he worked alongside his father. Later, he directed Vishnupuran as well as Ramayan independently.
- Baghban was directed by Ravi in 2003. At first, critics were critical of the film. The movie did well at the box office, as viewers aged 25-30 could easily relate to it and loved its concept.
- A series of bad financial decisions led to the family being in financial trouble. The TV serials they were making were not generating revenue, the movie ‘Banda Yeh Bindaas Hai’ had to be kept on hold, Babul (2006) didn’t do well in the cinema halls because people didn’t like the idea of Salman Khan dying.
- Ravi Chopra’s health got worse because of some lung ailment. It was later discovered that Ravi Chopra had a damaged phrenic nerve, which caused paralysis of his diaphragm. He had to live with a portable ventilator and he couldn’t speak for Four years.
- Ravi Chopra, Yash Raj Chopra had the same birthday and lived together in a balcony-cum bedroom home near Lido Cinema.
- Ravi Chopra believed that numerology was important and his lucky numbers are: 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, and 10.