Looking for Rajit Kapur Age, Wife, Children, Family, Career, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Profession(s)||Film Producer, Actor and Director|
|Celebrities in Role||• Title role in the TV Serial ‘Byomkesh Bakshi’ (1993); aired on DD National
• ‘Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi’ in ‘The Making of the Mahatma’ (1996)
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters– 173 cm
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Make your debut||Television (Child Actor). Khel Khilone, aired at DD National
Television (Actor) Ghar Jamai (1986), aired at DD National
Hindi film (Hindi Film) Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda (1992)
Film (Marathi ‘Limited Manuski’ (1995)
Film (Malayalam). ‘Agnisakshi’ (1999)
Film (Bengali): ‘Abaidha’ (2002)
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||National Film Award
1996: The best actor for ‘The Making of the Mahatma’
Kerala State Film Award
1998: The best actor for ‘Agnisakshi’
Spain: Imagine India Film Festival Award
2010: The best actor for Do Paise Ki Dhoop, Chaar Aane Ki Baarish
|Date of Birth||27th August 1960 (Sunday).|
|Age as of 2019||59 Years|
|The birthplace||Amritsar, Punjab|
|School||Cathedral & John Connon School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Sydenham College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai|
|Higher Education||Bachelor of Commerce Hindustan Times|
|Hobbies||Swimming, cooking, and reading books|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Married but unmarried|
|Parents||Names not known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajit Kapur
- Rajit Kapur, a well-known actor in Indian theatre and TV, is known for his roles as Rajit Kapur.
- Rajit and his family moved from Punjab to Mumbai when Rajit was just one-and-a-half years old.
- He used to play and sing the harmonium while he was at college.
- According to reports, he was an English and History teacher before deciding to become an actor.
- He has acted in many theatre plays, like ‘Love Letters,’ ‘Class of ’84,’ ‘Larins Sahib,’ ‘Are There Tigers in the Congo?’ ‘Mr. Behram,’ ‘Six Degrees of Separation, and ‘Pune Highway.’
- He is the actor and director of one of the longest-running theatre plays in India “Love Letter.’
- He is the co-founder of the theatre company ‘Rage Productions’ in Mumbai.
- In 1993, he appeared in the popular TV serial, ‘Byomkesh Bakshi’ aired on DD National. He gained immense popularity with his character and has also appeared in its sequel ‘Byomkesh Bakshi 2’ in 1997.
- He has appeared in the Bollywood films, including ‘Train to Pakistan’ (1998), ‘Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero’ (2005), ‘Guzaarish’ (2010), ‘Raazi’ (2018), and ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’ (2019).
- He has acted in a few web-series, including ‘Bang Baaja Baaraat’ (2015), ‘TVF Tripling Season 2’ (2019), and ‘Bard of Blood’ (2019).