Looking for Rajesh Tailang Age, Height, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Profession(s)||Actor, director. Poet. Writer.|
|Famed Roles||• Mahendra Saini in the Indo-Canadian film, ‘Siddharth’ (2013)
• Ramakant Pandit in the Amazon Prime web-series, ‘Mirzapur’ (2018)
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDb Height||in centimeters– 183 cm
In meters– 1.83m
in feet & inches– 6’
|Start||TV, Actor: Dhai Akshar (1989), broadcast on Doordarshan
Film, Actor: Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Maa (1998)
|Date of birth||Year 1970|
|Age as of 2020||50 years|
|Place of Birth||Bikaner in Rajasthan|
|Hometown||Bikaner in Rajasthan|
|Schools||Sadul Senior Secondary School, Bikaner|
|College/University||Dungar College, Bikaner|
|Higher Education||BSc Mathematics Facebook|
|Hobbies||You can write poetry and take photographs.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Children||Son– Aryaditya Tailang
|Parents||FatherShrikrishna Tailang, (Owned by a Printing Press).
|Siblings||Brother– Sudhir Tailang, an Indian cartoonist who passed away on February 6, 2016 from brain cancer.
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Chandra, Naseeruddin Shaikh, and Om Puri|
|Novel(s)||Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Richard Bach and The Alchemist Paulo Coelho|
|Film(s)||Padosan (1968), Sholay (1975), Cinema Paradiso (1988), Schindler’s List (1993) and all films of Charlie Chaplin|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajesh Tailang
- Rajesh Tailang, an Indian actor and director, poet, writer, is Rajesh Tailang.
- His grandfather, Pt. Govind L Goswami was an exponent of the haveli sangeet and well-known tabla players.
- He shared an interesting incident, he said that in his childhood, he clicked a photo with Amitabh Bachchan’s cut out and wanted to become like him. In a later film, he performed with Amitabh Bacchan, an iconic Bollywood actor.
- He began acting at the age of 13 when he started his first project. After playing the lead role in the Doordarshan TV serial, ‘Dhai Akshar’ (1989), he had two options either to continue acting or to join the National School of Drama. He chose the latter option, and he joined NSD in New Delhi.
- NSD was founded by Naseeruddin Shah, a veteran Bollywood actor. Anup Soni, an Indian television actor was his classmate.
- His acting credits include many plays in theatre and he is an actor in Indian theater plays.
- Interview: He spoke candidly about when he first became interested in acting.
When I was a child, my father would take me to the projection room. There were many films that I saw there. That’s where my interest in cinema started developing. My uncle then took us all to the colony and put on a show. It was then that I began to act. for It was my first. When I was fourteen years old, the NSD summer workshop became my first experience. for kids. Then I attended a few more workshops, and performed some plays. After that, I was accepted into the amateur theater. So, that’s how it happened.”
- After graduating from the National School of Drama, New Delhi, he acted in the famous TV serial, ‘Shanti’ in which he played the role of Manu. In an interview, he shared how he got a role in ‘Shanti,’ he said,
After I had passed out of NSD, I started looking. for work. In the NSD bathroom, I ran into a man and he asked me if my profession was acting. He said they were making a TV show which was India’s first daily show. He was one of the directors of Shanti – Partho Mitra. Partho was from Delhi, and he asked me to meet him in CR Park. I was then called by Partho to Mumbai for an audition at UTV’s office. I auditioned in Mumbai. It was heavy rain that day. My audition was soaked. But, I got the role.”
- He has appeared in various Hindi films, like ‘Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Maa’ (1998), ‘Dev’ (2004), ‘Mangal Pandey: The Rising’ (2005), ‘Siddharth’ (2013), ‘The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel’ (2015), ‘Phantom’ (2015), ‘Mukkabaaz’ (2018), ‘Commando 3’ (2019), and ‘Panga’ (2020).
- He has directed many episodes of the Hindi TV series, ‘India’s Most Wanted’ (1999) aired on Zee TV.
- He has featured in two Hindi short films, ‘Mast Qalandar’ (2015) and ‘Zoya’ (2016).
- He has acted in many popular Hindi web-series, like ‘Mirzapur’ (2018), ‘Selection Day’ (2018), ‘Delhi Crime’ (2019), and ‘Bandish Bandits’ (2020).
- Also, he has worked as a dialog writer for Many films and plays for the stage.
- He was also nominated in 2013. for Canadian Screen Award for Canadian Screen Awards, 2nd Canadian Screen Awards: Best Actor for the film, ‘Siddharth.’
- In an interview, he shared that he quit film acting after deciding to do so.
The gap between 2007 and 2012 was significant. It was between 2007 and 2012. for Films and cameras were used during these five years. I moved to Delhi and had stopped working because of the kind of roles I was getting, I wasn’t happy with that. The theatre was my passion and I chose to fully focus on it. NSD also offered me the opportunity to teach. In that same time, I was also a playwright. Then I went on a trip with my plays to different parts of the world. He has a YouTube channel, ‘YouTube talkies’ in which he uploads short films.”
- A dog lover, he has an Inca the pet dog.
- In an interview, he stated that he is a natural lover.
I am passionate about acting and secondly, wildlife. Forest tours are my first love. I also watch lots of wildlife documentaries and learn a lot about conservation. Apart from acting, it is one of my favorite subjects.
- He released a poetry book, ‘Chaand Pe Chai’ in 2020.