Looking for Pratap Bose Age, Career, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Famous For||For introducing IMPACT Design 2.0 for new models of Tata vehicles|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||1975|
|Age (as in 2020)||45 Years|
|College/University||• National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
• Royal College of Arts, London
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Degree in Industrial Design from National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
• Post-graduation from Royal College of Arts, London Autocar Professional
|Hobbies||Cooking, Painting, Learning new languages|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Name Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pratap Bose
- Born and brought up in Mumbai, Pratap Bose completed his Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design from the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad in 1998. His love for car designing began when he noticed a Mercedes Benz 280 SEL parked outside the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai.
- As a child, Pratap’s love for cars often got him into trouble as he would draw cars in his textbooks, and the teacher would call his parents.
- Pratap kept wondering that just like architects help in making buildings, there must be someone who builds such phenomenal cars, and he wanted to become that person in his life. During his graduation, he got the opportunity to work in Tata Motors as a summer intern for eight weeks. This was the time when he saw Ratan Tata for the first time, and he was instantly in awe of his personality, and his detailing in his work.
- After his graduation, he got a job in Piaggio in Italy where he worked for 2.5 years as Senior Designer on the design of two-wheelers; incorporating the surroundings and the culture of the country in the designing process.
- In 2001, he moved to London and completed his post-graduation from the Royal College of Arts, and then, he worked with Mitsubishi (then owned by Daimler Chrysler) in Japan. Later, the company ended the partnership, and Partap moved to Mercedes Benz Advanced Design Center in Tokyo.
- During his visit to the factory, he was walking around with his hands in his pocket when a guard asked him to take his hands out of the pocket. This was to ensure that if he ever falls by tripping on something in the clay modeling area, he’d be able to save his face.
- Pratap lost the opportunity to work with Tata Motors twice but in 2006, he came across Ravi Kant (Managing Director, Tata Motors) at an event and expressed his desire to work with the company. This time, he got lucky when he was offered to come to Mumbai for a 30 minutes meeting with Mr. Ratan Tata. Soon after the meeting, he was asked to work with the company, and in 2011, he was appointed as the Head of Design for Tata Motors.
- Pratap Bose is a visiting professor at the Royal College of Arts, London. He often visits the Vehicle Design department of the college for guest lectures.
- In his leisure time, he likes to paint, cook, and play drums.
- Pratap Bose is the man behind the introduction of the new age of designing for Tata cars, like Bolt, Harrier, Nexon, and others. He introduced the new IMPACT Design 2.0, which helped in changing the image of the company in the automobile market. This new design has helped them get back in the game with modern and more appealing style paired with modern technology.