Looking for Pinarayi Vijayan Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 173 cm
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Weighing (approx.||in kilogramsMaximum 75kg
in pounds– 165 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Political Party||Communist Party of India, Marxist
|Political Journey||1964: Joined Communist Party
1996-1998: Assist as Minister for Electricity and Co-operatives of the Kerala Government
1998-2015: As secretary of Kerala State Committee of Communist Party of India, (Marxist).
2016: After winning 36,905 votes in Dharmadom constituency, he was sworn-in as 12th Chief Minister for Kerala
2021: The Chief Minister of Kerala was sworn in on the 20th May for The 2nd Time
|Rival Biggest||V S Achuthanandan, (Communist Party of India (Marxist),)|
|Date of birth||21 March 1944|
|Age as of 2021||77 years|
|The birthplace||Pinarayi, Madras Presidency, British India|
|Hometown||Pinarayi, Madras Presidency, British India|
|College/University||Government Brennen College, Thalassery|
|Hobbies||Movies: Reading and Watching|
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||• Under Cheif Ministership of Pinarayi Vijayan Kerala won India Today’s Best Big State Award in governance category in 2017.
• Pinarayi Vijayan and Health Minister K. K. Shailaja were honoured by the Institute of Human Virology in Baltimore for the Kerala Government’s efforts in curbing the Nipah Virus outbreak.
|Controversies||• Vijayan was named as the 9th accused in the SNC-Lavalin Kerala hydroelectric scandal (reportedly, Vijayan had made a deal with Lavalin, a Canadian firm for reparing three generators at a total cost of ₹375 crores) in a report filed by the CBI on 21 January 2009. CPI(M), his party claimed that he was ‘politically motivated’. However, the Governor of Kerala allowed the CBI prosecution of Vijayan based upon prima facie evidence. This was despite recommendations from the Kerala cabinet not to bring Vijayan to trial. The CBI special court removed Pinarayi Vijayan, a defendant in the SNC–Lavalin Case on November 5, 2013.
• He was held at the Chennai Airport by the airport security on 16 February 2007 for finding 5 bullets in Vijayan’s baggage. Vijayan was allowed to leave after providing a faxed version of his driver’s license to the airport security.
• Vijayan was once again caught amidst a controversy when he called ‘Paul Chitilapally’ (the bishop of Thamarassery in Kerala) “a wretched creature.”
• In 2018, Flood hit state Kerala was already fighting the natural atrocities when its CM, Pinarayi Vijayan, claimed that an aid of ₹700 Crore was offered by UAE to India. Vijayan was asked to disclose the sources of this aid by Vijayan, the Bharatiya Janata Party Kerala unit and the UAE. Vijayan said that he learned about the financing from MA Yusuf Ali, a Middle East businessman. Vijayan claimed that the funding was agreed between Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India and Al-Ahmad Bin Sultan al Emirate.
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Wife/Spouse||Kamala Vijayan (Retired Teacher)
|Children||Son– Vivek Kiran Vijayan (Works in HSBC bank, in Abu Dhabi)
For the Daughter– Veena Vijayan (Entrepreneur)
|Food||Fish & Rice|
|The colour of the rainbow||We are white|
|Assets/Properties||Bonds, Debentures, Shares: ₹13 Lakhs
Jewellery: ₹2 Lakhs
|Estimated Net Worth||Rs. 1 Crore|
A Few Lesser-Known Facts about Pinarayi Vijayan
- He comes from a financially weak family. He was born in Pinarayi of the Kannur District.
- Following his graduation, he was a handloom weaver. for He will need to provide financial support for his family for one year.
- He was appointed as the Kannur district secretary of the Kerala Students Federation (KSF) at the age of 24, which went on to become the Students Federation of India (SFI). Later, he was elected President of the State Committee.
- He was also appointed as the president of the Kerala state co-operative bank.
- During the National emergency of 1975, he was detained by the police, and as per the reports, he was also tortured in the jail. He was actually arrested because the communists were regulating the political activities from different hide-outs in Kerala. He once revealed in an interview that he was beaten up by six policemen mercilessly non-stop till he lost his consciousness and eventually fainted.
- The state achieved a remarkable development and improvement in the power generation capacity during his tenure as Electricity Minister by the augmentation of new projects and their timely execution.
- In 2002, he was elected as a member of the Politburo for the CPI (M).
- He was suspended along with V. S. Achuthanandan by the CPI (M) on 26 May 2007. for Making inappropriate remarks against one another in the media. Vijayan was eventually reinstated into the party.
- In 2016, he became the leader of the Left Democratic Front (LDF), which is a coalition of two major political parties of Kerala, i.e. Communist Party of India (Marxist) (CPI(M)) and Communist Party of India (CPI). His appointment as the 12th Chief Minister in Kerala was made on May 25, 2016.
- He has been a CM and introduced numerous schemes such as Haritha Keralam Mission Mission, Project LIFE, Comprehensive Education Reforms, and Ardram Mission.
- To determine the security of children and women in public places, he introduced India’s first ever, an all-woman police squad called the Pink Patrol.