Looking for Parveen Babi Age, Death, Height, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Full Name/Real Name||Parveen Wai Mohammad Khan Bai/Parveen Moammed Ali Independent IMDb|
|Profession(s)||Interior Designer, Actress, and Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDb Height||in centimeters– 170 cm
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Make your debut||Film (Actor) Charitra (1973)
|Final Film||Iraada (1991)
|Date of birth||4 April 1949, Monday|
|The birthplace||Junagadh, Gujarat|
|Date of death||22.01.2005, Saturday|
|Ort of death||7th floor house in Palm Beach Riviera Heights, Juhu Mumbai|
|Age as at death||55 years|
|Death Cause||Diabetes can cause multiple organ failure News 18|
|School||Mount Carmel High School Ahmedabad|
|College/University||St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad|
|Higher Education||Bachelor of Arts English Literature SXCA|
|Religion||• Muslim (By Birth) Independent
• Christianity (Converted) She was baptised at Protestant Anglican Church at Malabar Hill. News 18
|Food habits||Non-Vegetarian Free Press Journal|
|Address||Juhu in Mumbai, seventh floor, Palm Beach, Riviera Heights.|
|Hobbies||The Piano, painting, and reading literature books|
|Controversies||• She had accused numerous renowned personalities such as Amitabh Bachchan, Bill Clinton, Robert Redford, Prince Charles, and Al Gore of planning the conspiracy of her death, but at the end, she was not able to produce any evidence in this The court dismissed her allegation and she was held responsible. I Diva
• She was also arrested by the security staff of John F. Kennedy International Airport, USA, as she was not able to give any identification document to them and behaved abnormally. She was kept in the general ward for mentally disturbed people by authorities. On the advice of the Indian Consulate, she was released. Indian Express
• She filed an affidavit in 1993, in which she stated that she had evidence against the Bollywood actor, Sanjay Dutt in Mumbai bomb blasts case. She was afraid of leaving her home because she suffered from Schizophrenia. I Diva
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status at the time of death||Married but unmarried|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Siddharth Bhattacharjee (A Boy from Ahmedabad) IMDb
• Amitabh Bachchan (Actor) Tribune
• Danny Denzongpa (Actor) Bollywood Shaadis
• Kabir Bedi (Actor) India.com
• Mahesh Bhatt (Director) India Today
• Abdul Ella (Businessman) IMDb
|Parents||Father– Vali Mohammed Khan Babi (System administrator at the Nawab Junagadh; died 1959).
MotherJamal Bakhte Babi (Died 2001).
|Actor(s)||Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand, Feroz Khan, Dilip Kumar, Sanjeev Kumar|
|Actress(es)||Waheeda Rehman, Meena Kumari|
|Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammed Rafi, Asha Bhosle|
|Assets/Properties||• Sea-facing flat with four bedrooms in Juhu and a haveli in Junagadh (worth Rs 4.5 crore) Web Archive
• Jewellery and deposits worth Rs 20 lakh in banks plus other investments. India Today
Parveen Babi: A Few Lesser-Known Facts
- Did Parveen Babi smoke?Parveen Babi said yes
- Her parents were the Pathans of Gujarat, who were Nawabs from Junagarh. She belonged to the Babi tribe of Pashtuns.
- She was born after 14 years of her parents’ marriage and was the only child of her parents.
- She began modeling while she was still in college. While studying at Ahmedabad University she was spotted in a film by B. R. Ishara. He got impressed by her westernised image and appealing looks and offered her to act in the Bollywood film, ‘Charitra’ in 1973.
- She has acted in various Hindi films, including ‘Deewaar’ (1975), ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’ (1977), ‘Suhaag’ (1979), ‘Kaala Patthar’ (1979), ‘Shaan’ (1980), ‘Kranti’ (1981), ‘Namak Halaal’ (1982), ‘Bond 303’ (1985), and ‘Avinash’ (1986).
- She had acted in thirteen movies with the legendary Bollywood actor, Amitabh Bachchan and starred opposite to him in eight movies.
- Some of her popular Hindi film songs are “Teri jheel se gehri aankhon mein” from ‘Dhuen Ki Lakeer’ (1974), “Humko tumse ho gaaya hai pyaar” from ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’ (1977), “Jawani jaaneman haseen dilruba” & “Raat baki baat baki” from ‘Namak Halaal’ (1982), and “Angrezi mein kehte hai ke I love you” ‘Khuddaar’ (1982).
- According to media reports, Amitabh left Parveen after hearing that Parveen was dating Amitabh. This is in order not to have any problems in his marriage. Parveen stated in an interview that
Amitabh Bachchan, a super-international gangster. He wants my life. He took me hostage and kept me on an isolated island. There, they did a procedure on me and then placed a transmitter/chip right under my ear.
- Amitabh filed suit against her, but she rejected her claim because Schizophrenia was found in her. This is a severe mental disorder that affects how people perceive reality. Tribune
- She began dating Danny Denzongpa, a Bollywood actor in the 1970s, after she had divorced Amitabh. The couple were together for many years. for Their relationship lasted almost four decades, even though they broke up. Danny Denzongpa spoke out about Parveen’s relationship in an interview.
As young children, we shared a home together. for It has been four years. This was big news in those days. It was a great time. But, we eventually parted ways. We remained friends.”
- Parveen used to live in the same building as Danny and even after their breakup, she used to visit Danny’s house. Parveen was an episode Danny mentioned in an interview.
Parveen will continue to invite me for dinner. I was partnered with Kim, an actor. Parveen was a concern to her. It would also be problematic if you ex-partner enters the home anytime as a mother chicken. for Any girl would be willing to take me in. After packing up Kim, I picked her up from the sets and returned home to find Parveen in the bedroom watching a VCR. Parveen refused to agree. But she’d say, ‘We don’t have anything between us, we are friends.”
- Danny shared in an interview that he started feeling something abnormal in Parveen’s, he said,
Parveen is the only thing that made me feel strange. I was for dinner at her place. Silver conches were on the table. She became scared when I started blowing one. That’s when Mahesh said, ‘She gets easily frightened these days and is turning into a recluse’. A few days later Mahesh confided again “Parveen’s unwell. She is a caring person for You and she must meet you at her house and offer your support. Whenever Parveen needed me, I was always there.”
- Parveen severed all ties to Danny following an incident. Danny spoke out about the incident in an interview.
Amitji, who was talking about me as a friend, sent her an interview. She found it interesting. It was that simple. That was it. She looked at me the next time I met her. through He refused to open the door and called me his agent. She was frightened of me too.”
- After she broke up with Danny, she began to date Kabir Bedi (a Bollywood actor). The two dated for After a couple of months, however, their professional commitments forced them to separate in 1977. Parveen mentioned Kabir during an interview.
He’s getting opportunities in the West and I don’t expect him to kick them down for for my good. He was freed since this He must be able to enjoy his professional career with no hassles. It’s not sacrifice on my part, I am not a martyr, it’s just more resignation to a situation I can’t control.”
- She was depressed after her breakups and also was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia.
- She met Mahesh Bhatt after her divorce from Kabir Bedi. Parveen and Mahesh Bhatt’s love story is one of the famous love stories in Bollywood.
- Parveen, even though Mahesh had been married for a while and only one child at the time, was his first love.
- He began to notice strange behavior in Parveen, which he believed was Schizophrenia. He said that he had spoken to him in an interview.
She once thrown open the car’s door, claiming the bomb was going off. I tried to hold her and she ran down the street. People thought ‘Parveen Babi’ was having a fight with her boyfriend. Somehow, I huddled her into a taxi and brought her home.” India.com
- Mahesh spoke out about Parveen’s incident in an interview.
Parveen, a 1979 film star was dressed up as a sailor and lay down on the side of the bed between the wall. Parveen’s gait was a beastlike. Her right hand held a knife. ‘What are you doing?’ I asked. She said, ‘Shhsssh…! Don’t talk! You can’t talk! They’re trying to kill me; they’re going to drop a chandelier on me.’ She held my hand and led me outside. Her mother looked at me helplessly, and I was unable to stop her gaze. She looked at me with a stoic look. this episode had happened before; it was not the first time.”
- Parveen’s weird behaviour continued, and Mahesh decided to take her to one of his spiritual gurus, U. G. Krishnamurti in Bengaluru.
- Parveen was left by him in September 1979. He was accompanied by his spiritual guru. for After receiving treatment, she was able to return to Mumbai and start a new chapter in her married life.
- Parveen was back in Mumbai with Mahesh, and he returned home to Mumbai in 1979. Mahesh told a story about a time when he was in a relationship with Parveen.
Parveen knew that Parveen had been in touch with UG. UG was opposed to Parveen returning to movies. He was the voice of sanity, which she didn’t want to hear. So she played the last card,” as they were about to make love, she asked him to choose between her or the philosopher. India Today
- Some sources claim that she was involved with Abdul Ella who she first met when she was a young woman. through U. G. Krishnamurthy was her spiritual guru.
- In 1982, Mahesh Bhatt directed a film based on Parveen’s life, ‘Arth.’
- A semi-autobiographical film, ‘Woh Lamhe’ was written and produced by Mahesh Bhatt in 2006.
- As the Face of Modern Indian Women in 1977, Time featured her on its cover.
- Her cover was featured in several Indian magazines.
- Her spiritual trip was with U. G. Krishnamurti, her friend Valentine and their 30th July 1983 departure.
- In 1984, she wrote her autobiography and gave the manuscript to U. G. but it never saw publication.
- She had put a lot of weight in 1989, her secretary, Ved Sharma’s son, shared a few incidents of his meeting with Parveen Babi. He stated that,
She was full of warmth and homeliness. At home she’d be simply dressed in jeans. She’d attend our birthday parties. She’d give us an envelope (of cash) so that we could buy whatever we wished. For groceries and essentials, she’d slip the money through the door and collect the milk and eggs once the man had left.” Once she had stepped out to buy something when a bus passed close to her near the Hare Rama Hare Krishna temple in Juhu. She believed that someone had sent the bus to kill her.”
- Her belief that everybody was planning to kill her used to be a common one. Her secretary, Ved Sharma’s son, Lalit said,
She didn’t trust the doctors. Anyone who suggested she should see a psychiatrist became her enemy, even her mother!” “She even believed that the January 26, 2001 earthquake in Kutch was planned because she had a water tank on the terrace and ‘they’ wanted to kill her by crushing it. If her car didn’t work, she’d believe that someone had deliberately tampered with it. When I visited her kitchen, disgusted at all the dirt and smells that I found there, she allowed me to take my food. I was once an obsessive about cleanliness. this It was quite shocking. The beautiful terrace house she lived in was total chaos. It had heaps and heaps of newspapers which were categorised in sections like politics, health, entertainment etc.”
- As she believed that poisoned food was dangerous, she had given up eating. When reporters visited her, she asked them to have her food and her water. She was certain that she wasn’t eating poisonous food.
- She was suffering from mental illness and had to make a will that would leave her property assets to her relatives who were already deceased.
- She was often compared with Zeenat Aman, a veteran Bollywood actress.
- For the past four years, she kept a log of all phone calls and conversations. A selection of her notebooks is kept at the Maharashtra State Administrator General’s office.
- She hosted her last Christmas party at Juhu’s flat. Reverend Avinash Rangeayya, the pastor of All Saints Anglican Church and Church of North India in Malabar Hill, was one of her guests.
- She spoke out about her conversion to Christianity in 1998 during an interview.
Born Muslim, later I became a Christian. But I have never done things I didn’t believe. Even when I was a Muslim, I didn’t understand why it made me a more spiritual entity, if I did not eat pork. Being a decent human being and adhering to positive moral principles is what I have always believed was the core of spirituality. In those days, the Taj’s Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant was very well-known for There were many pork delights, and whenever I could I’d get a break from photography I’d rush to the Golden Dragon. When I was asked by my friends about how much pork I ate, my answer was that it was important. for me to be a human being than a racist.”
- In 1988, while speaking to a reporter, she stated that:
Today, the majority of the industry has cut ties with me because of one man… Anyway, I don’t feel let down. On the contrary, I feel it’s their loss. In your youth, the film industry was wonderful. But then, it doesn’t let you grow in any other direction. The reason I didn’t attempt to make a comeback in the industry, is firstly because this man is still there and secondly, over the years, I have discovered a whole new world outside. Writing, philosophy, painting, organized thinking, great and classic literature… There is just one life and so much to achieve.”
- She was the 2nd highest-paid actress during 1976 and 1980 and the 3rd highest-paid actress during 1981 and 1983.
- Her neighbors noticed her discovery on 22 January 2005 for In two days she hadn’t collected newspaper and milk bottles from her door. The police arrived at her home to find her dead body on her bed, and her wheel chair beside her. Also, some old newspapers, medicines, and alcohol bottles were there and spread like a mess on the floor.
- Due to her diabetes, it was discovered that her left foot had developed gangrene. She may not be able to walk normally. Cooper Hospital’s report indicated that there was no evidence of food or alcohol in her stomach. However, some alcohol was detected in her body. The doctors also suggested that the possibility that she may not have eaten any food was possible. for It took them more than three days to starve and they died.
- She wanted to end her Christian faith life by performing the last Christian rites. But her relatives, who claimed her body, performed the Islamic rites, and her body was buried at Juhu Muslim cemetery in Santacruz, Mumbai along with other Bollywood celebrities, such as Mohammed Rafi, Madhubala, Sahir Ludhianvi, Talat Mahmood, and Naushad Ali. After five years, they were relocated because of lack space.
- Mahesh Bhatt also claimed her body, he said,
I thought if none of her relatives came forward I’d bury her.”
- On her demise, Amitabh Bachchan said,
Her leading lady brought a bohemian, new kind of woman to the film. We’d work on all these films and go our own way. But because we belonged to the same social circle we’d visit each other and listen to music. A very light-hearted, fun-loving person she was. Always full of joie de vivre!”
- Parveen’s nephew, Javed Ahmed Noor Ahmed Shaikh who claimed to be her adopted son, appeared in the court and claimed her property. Final results showed that 80% of Parveen’s wealth went to poor children and women belonging to Junagadh’s Babi community, while 20% to her maternal uncle. India Today
- A film was released on her life in 2007 with the title, ‘Parveen Bobby.’
- Manish Malhotra was an Indian fashion designer who praised her style.
Parveen Babi was the pioneer of minimalism. She was always impeccable, not overdoing it even once.”
- This video describes her journey through life.