Looking for Nirmala Sitharaman Ages, Husbands, Familie, Caste and Biography? Read through this article.
A Few Lesser-Known Facts about Nirmala Sitharaman
- Sitharaman was born into a middle-class Tamil-Brahmin family who spent her childhood in different parts of Tamil Nadu due to her father’s transferable job in the Indian Railways.
- She is a perfect blend of her father’s disciplinary nature and her mother’s love for books.
- Globalization and its effects on developing countries was her favorite subject during college.
- She was married into a ‘Congress oriented’ family as her mother-in-law was a Congress MLA in Andhra Pradesh, while her father-in-law was a Minister in the Andhra Pradesh Congress Govt. In the 1970s.
- As an assistant to the Economist of the Agricultural Engineers Association, London, she began her career. Later, she worked for Price Waterhouse as Senior Manager Research and Analysis. She also worked in BBC World Service for Take your time.
- She was Dy. The Centre’s Director for Public Policy Studies, Hyderabad.
- She was an educationist and was also one of the founding members of ‘Pranava’, a reputed school in Hyderabad.
- Her passion for reading is what drives her to write the press releases.
- She is a devotee of ‘Lord Krishna’ and has a huge collection of his bhajans.
- She loves saris and keeps a large collection of cotton Kanjeevarams and vintage silk.
- Nominated for the National Commission for Women (NCW) in the NDA regime (1998-04), under Atal Bihari Vaspayee. Her term was ended instantly when UPA entered the centre, 2004.
- Sushma Swaraj She was impressed by the work of NCW and recommended Sitharaman for the party.
- Her husband, meanwhile joined Telugu Film Star star Telugu in 2008. Chiranjeevi‘s political party, Praja Rajyam.
- Inducted into the Indian Parliament in 2014. Narendra Modi Cabinet as the MoS Commerce Ministry, with an independent charge. After a Cabinet reshuffle, she was promoted and was given the ministry of finance and corporate affairs.
- She was elected to office on September 3, 2017. Arun Jaitley As India’s Defence Minister. With thisIn 2005, she was the first female Defence Minister who had a full-time job and became the second woman in this position. this post after Indira GandhiThe additional charge was once held by. for 20 days.
- Her appointment as the Finance Minister was made effective 30 May 2019.