Looking for Nazneen Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Full Name||Nazneen Merchant|
|Celebrities||‘Kunti’ in the Indian epic television series “Mahabharat”
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 165cm
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Make your debut||Film: Sa-Re-Ga-Ma-Pa (1972)
TV: Mahabharat (1988)
|Date of birth||23 February 1958, Sunday|
|Age as of 2019||62 years|
|The birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Schools||Hill Grange High School in Mumbai|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Husband/Spouse||Name not known|
Daughter(s)– Kausar Merchant, Kehkashan Merchant
|Parents||FatherName not known (Owned printing press).
MotherName not known
A Few Lesser-Known Facts about Nazneen
- Nazneen was the child of a Kolkata-based middle-class Muslim family.
- From her childhood, she wanted to be an airline hostess.
- Nazneen’s mother was not happy with her decision to become an air hostess as she thought that it was not safe for Nazneen.
- Nazneen, a relative to Yusuf Teendarwazwala is Nazneen.
- Once, when she was attending a party hosted by Teendarwazwala, the film director, Satyen Bose, spotted her and offered her a role in his film “Sa-Re-Ga-Ma-Pa” (1972).
- The next step was to sign a 2-film contract with Satyen Borse as the film director. However, the films never were made.
- Nazneen, the film director suggested Nazneen use Suparna or Sonali as her screen name, but she chose to remain true to herself. for Films
- Subsequently, she bagged the role of Jaya Bachchan‘s sister in the film “Kora Kagaz.”
- The film directors thought that Nazneen looked very similar to Jaya and offered her to play Jaya’s sister in many films, but she rejected them all; as she wanted to play the lead roles.
- Her career has taken her to around 22 different films.
- Some of her films include “Chalte Chalte” (1976), “Fauji” (1976), “Dildaar” (1977), “Khuda Kasam” (1981) and “Do Ustad” (1982).
- Nazneen did a bikini scene in the film “Chalte Chalte.” She carried a bikini in the film to prove the film directors that she is not just made for The side roles can be played but not the main role in a movie.
- Nazneen as also worked as a leading lady in a few “B” class films.
- In 1988, she gained immense popularity by playing the role of ‘Kunti’ in the epic television series “Mahabharat.”
- Nazneen, the niece of Mumtaz Begum (an acclaimed Bollywood actress), is Nazneen.
- Neetu Singh, her actress friend, was also a student at the school.
- Nazneen is often mistaken to be the former actress, Aloka (Wife of actor, Ranjeet); as Aloka’s real name is also Nazneen.