Looking for Nargis Fakhri: Age, Boyfriends, Husbands, Families, Biography and More Read through this article.
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model & Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height Vogue India||in centimeters175 cm
In meters– 1.75 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 9”
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Black (dyed red, golden blonde & brown)|
|Make your debut||Bollywood: Rockstar (2011) in ‘Heer Kal’
Hollywood: Spy (2015) as “Lia”
Singing: “Habitaan Vigaad Di” (single; 2017)
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||• 2012: IIFA Awards: Hottest Couple (shared by Ranbir Kapoor). for The film “Rockstar”.
• 2015: Life OK NOW Awards: Best Female Supporting Actor for The film “Main Tera Hero”.
• 2015: Bollywood Life Awards: Most Inspirational Celebrity on Social Media for Film “Main Tera Hero”
• 2015: Filmfare Style and Glamour Awards – Ciroc not The Usual Award for Film “Main Tera Hero”
|Date of Birth||20 Oct 1979 (Saturday).|
|Age as of 2019||40 years|
|The birthplace||Queens, New York City, US|
|Hometown||Queens, New York City, US|
|College/University||Queens College City University of New York|
|Education Qualification||Queens College City University of New York, BA with Major in Fine Arts and a Minor in Psychology|
|Religion||Although she doesn’t follow any particular religion, she considers herself to be a spiritual individual. DNA India|
|Ethnicity||Pakistani-Czech The Statesman|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Indian Express|
|Hobbies||Gardening, Travelling & Yoga|
|Tattoo||With initials from her boyfriend Matt Alonzo and her name written on her right hand, Queen Crown
|Controversies||• In 2019, a report circulated on media that Nargis abandoned the promotions of the film “Amavas” (2019) mid-way and left the country. She was reported to be outraged at the media’s inquiries about her personal life, including breaking up with Matt Alonzo (and Uday Chopra). Nargis stated that she was clear in her stand on the controversy. India Today
“The complete experience in promoting this The film was a short one, but it has proved extremely tiring due to Sachin Joshi, the producer, and their team’s total lack of planning. The film was shot in seven days. for Promotions by my team were made in the same time as they used. I’m not sure where to look. this There is much debate around my decision to leave early. To be truthful, I wasn’t told about the film’s release. I also was not kept informed on any promotional plans or activities. But, I made sure I was there and promoted the film at the agreed-upon time. Now, it is very disappointing and unacceptable to hear them making statements such as these about my professional engagement.
• In 2015, a leading Pakistani newspaper, Jang, published an advertisement of Nargis for Mobilink, Pakistan’s mobile operator is the best. These are the following thisPakistanis expressed their dismay on social media. Journalists and many others condemned the absurdity of this advertisement, which featured Nargis wearing a red dress while lying on her stomach with a cellphone in her hands. India TV News
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not married|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Ranbir Kapoor (Rumoured)
• Uday Chopra (2014-17)
• Matt Alonzo (2018-19)
|Parents||Father– Mohammed Fakhri
Mother– Marie Fakhri (Former Mechanical Engineer & Drafter)
|Food||Butter chicken, Dal Gosht and Tacos with Churros, Pizza, Churros and Tom yum Soup.|
|Dessert||Gajar Ka Halwa, Chocolate chip ice-cream, Red velvet cake, Gulab Jamun, Kheer, Bengali Sweets|
|Actor||Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Film(s)||Beauty and the Beast, The Chronicles of Narnia Series (1991), Ace Ventura – Pet Detective (1994).|
|Rap artist||Snoop Dogg|
|Song||‘Nobody Knows The Troubles I’ve Seen’ by Louis Armstrong|
|Musician||A. R. Rahman|
|Restaurant(s)||Olive in Mumbai. JW Marriott Juhu. Wasabi at The Taj Mahal Palace Mumbai. Blue Jade at RitzCarlton Dubai.|
|Itinerary for Travel||Greece, New Zealand, Costa Rica, Denmark|
A Few Lesser-Known Facts about Nargis Fakhri
- Nargis Fakhri, an Indian model and actress who is active in Bollywood as well as Hollywood.
- Nargis was the child of Mohammed Fakhri from Pakistan and Marie Fakhri from Czech.
- Because of her Pakistani-Czech background and American citizenship she considers herself a global citizen. The Statesman
- Her mother was born in former Czechoslovakia. Her mother wished to travel across the world, so, she left her country and moved to New York City and started living in a refugee camp. In New York, her mother’s professional credentials were not accepted. So, her mother’s professional credentials were not accepted in New York. She worked as a cleaner at a restaurant.
- Her mother met her father while working in a restaurant and the two became married. Her parents were not happy and she was forced to divorce her. The mother of her two daughters was left to take care of them. Her mother worked night shifts and cared for her daughters.
- She grew up in Projects, Queens because her family was extremely poor. When she was 12 years old, her mother put Nargis and her sister in a summer camp, meant for Children from families with low incomes. As she recalled,
In upstate New York, we lived in tents and had to fetch water, make meals and dig toilet bowls. After our fourteen-day camp ended, a bear broke into our tents and vomited all over them. The bear came and broke our tents, so we were forced to go to a different spot and stay in sleeping bags. I’m really grateful for those experiences because I met a lot of amazing adults.”
- Later she began working. for a living and started doing odd jobs like shovelling snow, cleaning an old lady’s house, collecting bottles, and even bagging groceries.
- She paid for her education, and completed her BA with a major in fine arts and a minor in psychology. She wanted to go into teaching or therapy. Because she loves to travel, however, she decided to pursue modelling.
- Her career began at 16 when she was a model.
- In 2004, she auditioned for second and third cycles (season) of the American reality show, America’s Next Top Model, where she managed to get through the first two challenges of both the cycles, but couldn’t make it to the top twelve in the third challenge.
- She was able to model professionally in America, and she worked. for She was a model for a fashion agency and has appeared in shows.
- She lived and worked in Australia, New Zealand. Singapore. Thailand. Hong Kong. Germany. The UK. Greece. Costa Rica. Cape Town.
- After appearing in an Indian print advertisement, she was thrust into the limelight. for The 2009 Kingfisher Calendar.
- Imtiaz Ali was attracted to her appearance on Kingfisher Calendar. In early 2010, she was living in Copenhagen with her boyfriend, when she received an email from director Imtiaz Ali‘s assistant Sunaina for Audition for the role of female lead for Ranbir Kapoor starer ‘Rockstar’ (2011). Selected for the film and was given only two months of time to learn acting, Hindi language, and about the culture of India.
- She made her debut with the film, Rockstar (2011), which is also the first Indian film that showed a Kashmiri Indian wedding. Nargis received a Filmfare nomination for The Best Female Debut for The film.
- Mona Ghosh Shetty, an Indian singer and voice-over artist, dubbed her Hindi voice due to her bad diction.
- Nargis made the decision to go to India in 2012. She spoke about India and her experiences.
There were many elements that reminded of my Dad when I arrived. The smells and colours, as well as the clothing, all reminded of him. But it was culture shock. for sure. My dad did not bring me up, and I didn’t know much about India. I had to adapt and process the changes. But that’s the beauty of the whole thing. I am totally OK now and I call Mumbai home”
- After moving to India, she spent her time learning Kathak and Bollywood dance, and Hindi language.
- She was awarded laurels for Her role was in Madras Cafe (2013) and Main Tera Hero (2014). Azhar (2016). Amavas (2019).
- In 2017, she made her singing debut with the single “Habitaan Vigaad Di,” which featured Indo-Canadian singer Parichay and Canadian rapper Kardinal Offishall.
- In 2018, she acted in her second Hollywood film “5 Weddings” opposite Rajkummar Rao, and she portrayed the role of ‘Shania Dhaliwal.’
- In 2017, she released her second single “Woofer” featuring Snoop Dogg, Dr Zeus, and Zora Randhawa. Nargis shared her experiences working with Snoop Dogg.
It was a pleasure working alongside Dr. Zeus, Zora, and the whole BeingU team. It was an amazing experience. Snoop Dogg is a song I was raised listening to. this came my way, I was completely thrilled to give it a shot and sing with someone as iconic as him.”
- When asked about her professional and personal lives, she replied:
Bollywood is a part of the larger journey — I don’t spend a lot of time here and hardly have more than two friends. My true friends live in Thailand, the USA, Europe and Dubai.
- To enhance her facial features, she has undergone surgery. When asked about her experience, she stated that it was a great way to enhance your facial features.
It is my belief that women should look and feel their best at every age. Along these lines, I don’t believe there’s anything the issue with picking surgeries or different medications. Each vehicle needs upkeep and I’m not against up keeping.”
- In 2019, she posted her inspirational story about losing 179 pounds (81.2kg) to 152lbs (69kg) in six months on her Instagram. through Her workout videos at the gym. In one of her Instagram posts, she wrote:
There is no easy way to make it through life. All of us have to work for it. Be consistent. If you are disciplined and have the ability to remain focused, then any goal can be achieved. I used to weigh 179 pounds, but now I’m 152. It’s taken about 6 months or more to lose that weight the right way! But I’m doing it. I’m on my way to a fitter me!
- Her Board of Advisors includes her for the ‘MindShare Ventures Group,’ a New York City-based company that deals with fashion, technology, healthcare, real estate, and entertainment.
- She has two pets, a cat and a love for animals.