Looking for Naresh Goyal Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|The Famous for||Jet Airways Chairman and founder|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 170cm
Meters– 1.7 M
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||29 July 1949|
|Age as of 2019||69 years|
|The birthplace||Sangrur, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Sangrur, Punjab, India|
|Schools||Government Raj High School|
|College/University||Patiala: Government Bikram College for Commerce|
|Education Qualification||Bachelors of Commerce|
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||• Hall of Fame honour from Hotel Investment Forum of India: 2011
• Lifetime Achievement Award of the Year by the Travel Agents Association of India: 2010
• India Business Leader Awards by CNBC TV18: 2009
• Man of the Year Award by the Aviation Press Club: 2008
• NDTV Profit Business Award: 2006
• Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Services from Ernst & Young: 2000
• Belgium conferred the Commandeur of the Order of Leopold II (one of the country’s highest civilian distinctions): 2011
|Controversies||• In 2000, according to the Indian Intelligence Agencies, Naresh Goyal-led Jet Airways was funded by the don Dawood Ibrahim. However this He was removed and granted security clearance by the government.
• In March 2020, the Enforcement Directorate detained him under the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) for Suspected transactions in 19 firms owned privately (14 Indian and five overseas) that are associated with Goyal. The Times of India
|Affairs and Girls|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Wedding Date||Year, 1988|
|Wife/Spouse||Anita Goyal, Marketing Analyst
|Children||Son– Nivaan Goyal
|Parents||FatherName Unknown (Jewellery Dealer).
MotherName not known
|Siblings||Brother– Surinder Kumar Goyal
|Net worth (approx.||₹3,000 Crore ($500 Million) (As Per 2017)|
Here are some lesser-known facts about Naresh Godoyal
- Does Naresh Goyal drink alcohol?:
- His father had died when he was still very young.
- His family had just turned 11 when he went through financial difficulties and was forced to put their house up for auction. He then lived with his mother’s uncle.
- He began his career as a cashier in 1967 in his maternal uncle’s travel agency.
- His first salary was ₹300 per month.
- Following his graduation, he entered the GSA’s travel industry. for Lebanese International Airlines.
- Naresh was appointed Public Relation Manager for Iraqi Airways in 1969.
- In 1974, he was appointed Regional General Manager. for ALIA, Royal Jordanian Airlines.
- His agency Jetair was established in 1974. It represented big brands like Cathay Pacific and Air France. He was able to buy his mother’s jewellery and give her the cash to help him start the company.
- His appointment as Indian Regional Manager for Philippine Airlines was in 1975.
- Anita joined her business in 1979 as a marketing analyst. Nine years later, he was married to her in 1988.
- Goyal founded Jet Airways (air services on domestic sectors in India), which commenced its commercial operations on 5 May 1993.
- He was appointed on the Board of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) from 2004–2006 and then re-elected in 2008, serving till 2016.
- On 17 July 2018, Goyal signed an $8.8 billion deal to buy 75 airplanes from Boeing.
- He is the founder of an airline but doesn’t know how to drive a car nor does he know how to swim as well.