Are you looking for Nagraj Manjule Age, Wife, Family, Children, Biography & More? This article will help you.
|Full Name||Nagraj Popatrao Manjule|
|Profession(s)||Director, Screenwriter, Actor, Poet|
|Beloved For||Sairat is the film’s director.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 183 cm
in feet inches– 6’ 0”
|Weighing (approx.||in kilograms70kg
in pounds– 155 lbs
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Make your debut||Film: Pistulya (2010) (Director)|
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||Marathi Filmfare Award 2014: Best Director (Fandry)
National Film Award The Best Non-Feature Film by a First Director (Pistulya).
National Award Best Short Film (Pavsacha Nibandh)
|Date of birth||24 August 1977|
|Age as of 2018||41 years|
|Place of Birth||Jeur, Karmala Taluka, Solapur, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Jeur, Karmala Taluka, Solapur, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||• University of Pune
• New Arts, Science and Commerce College, Ahmednagar
|Higher Education||• M.A. in Marathi Literature
• Masters in Communication Studies
|Controversies||His ex-wife, speaking out in light of #MeToo in 2018, said that Manjule and their family verbally and mental abused her during their marriage. Also, she stated that she was more of housemaid than wife or daughter-in-law.|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Sunita Manjule (1999-2012)|
|Siblings||Brothers– Bharat Manjule, Bhushan Manjule, Sheshraaj Manjule
|Favorite food(s)||Mutton Curry, Biryani|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
A Few Lesser-Known Facts about Nagraj Manjule
- Nagraj in his childhood wasn’t interested in his studies and even got flunked in his 10th standard.
- He was also a poet, and he wrote Unhachya Kataviruddh (an award-winning book of poetry).
- At the time he became a married man, he was 19 and still studying at 12th class.
- Pistulya was a short film that he directed and won several awards, including the National Award. The film revolves around a lower caste boy who desires to attend school but is unable due to the family’s poverty and lack of importance to formal education in his community.
- He made Fandry, his first feature-length film in 2014. While the film received great critical praise, it did not make an impression in theatres.
- They were married for 15 years when they divorced in 2012.
- Sairat was his 2016 film. The Marathi film was a blockbuster and became the biggest hit of Marathi cinema. It dealt with caste discrimination and honor killings.
- Along with his team from the movie Sairat, he was also featured on The Kapil Sharma Show.
- In 2018, he started directing his first Hindi film, Jhund, starring Amitabh Bachchan. This movie tells the story of Vijay Barse who founded Slum Soccer.