Looking for Mita Vashisht (aka Meeta) Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Andere Names||Meeta Vashisht|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Writer and Theatre Artist|
|Celebrities||‘Trishna’ in the popular TV serial, “Kahani Ghar Ghar ki”
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 165 cm
In meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Make your debut||Film (Bollywood). Chandni (1989).
Film (Tamil). Snegithiye (2000
Film (Bengali): Patalghar (2003)
Film (Marathi Version) Shevri (2006)
Film (Malayalam). Raakilipattu (2007)
TV: Space City Sigma (1989).
Web Series Your Honor (2020).
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||• Star Screen Award for ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for the film, “Drohkaal” (1996)
• BFJA Bengal Film Journalist Award for ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for the film, “Drishti” (1990)
• Moonwhite Films International Film Fest – MWFIFF for ‘Best Actress Supporting Role’ for the film, “Kasaai (The Devil)” (2019)
|Date of birth||Thursday, 2 November 1967|
|Age in 2020||53 years|
|Place of Birth||Jatal Village, Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Pune, Maharashtra (India)|
|College/University||• Panjab University (PU), Chandigarh
• National School of Drama (NSD), Delhi
|Education Qualification||Post Graduate in English Literature Wikipedia|
|There is a controversy||Arnab, the news anchor invited Mita Vashisht once to debate on his show “News Hour.” The topic was “Banning Pakistani artists from India.” While Col. V. N. Thapar supported the motion, she was against it. After getting annoyed with the screaming voice in her ear, Mita yelled “Oh Shut Up, ” took off the ear phone, and walked out of the show. Arnab claimed that Mita insulted the Kargil war hero’s father and said she should shut up. Mita said later that she had gotten annoyed with Arnab and started yelling at Thapar, not Thapar. Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Ex-Fiance||Mangal Dhillon (actor)
|Husband/Spouse||Anup Singh, Filmmaker
|Parents||Father– Colonel Rajeshwar Dutt Vashisht of the Indian Army Retired Army
Mother– Meenakshi Mehta Vashisht (Singer, Teacher)
|The colour of the rainbow||Blue|
|Destination for Travel||Paris|
A Few Lesser-Known Facts about Mita Vashisht
- Mita Vashisht is an Indian actress who has worked in the off-beat cinema, commercial cinema & theatre.
- Mita was raised in Pune by a middle class family.
- After completing her post-graduation, Mita went to Delhi’s National School of Drama to pursue a course in acting.
- She worked then as an acting teacher, fashion direction and film direction instructor.
- Vashisht made her acting debut in 1989 with the film, “Chandni.”
- Some of the films in which Mita played supporting roles include “Drishti,” “Kasba,” “Drohkaal,” “Taal,” “Phir Milenge,” “Trishna,” “Youngistaan,” and “Rahasya.”
- Her television debut came in the year 1989 with the TV show, “Space City Sigma.”
- Thereafter, she featured in TV serials like “Bharat Ek Khoj,” “Pachpan Khambe Lal Deewarein,” “Swabhimaan,” “Hip Hip Hurray,” and “Star Bestsellers.”
- Mita gained immense popularity by playing the role of ‘Trishna’ in Star Plus’ TV serial, “Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki.”
- She has also appeared in the TV serials, “Suvreen Guggal – Topper of The Year,” “Kaala Teeka,” “Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai,” and “Criminal Justice.”
- Vashisht has also featured in the music video of the song, “Mann ke Manjeeré.”
- She’s written and produced three short films as well as an episode of a TV series.
- Her voice has been also used. for the song, “Laaga Chunari Mein Daag.”
- Mita is very private about her personal life. Social media isn’t her forte.
- Neben her acting career, she also has a passion for social work. She worked with children with disabilities and with sexworkers, as well as starting a troupe of 30 sex people.
- Mita’s grandfather, Raibhadur Laxmi Dutt Vashisht was a Deputy Collector in the British era.
- She established Mandala, space for art collaborations, research and education in 2001.
- Mita produced the award winning film, “The Name of a River.”
- Mita has remained a visiting faculty with institutes like NIFT (Delhi), FTII (Pune), NSD (Delhi), and NID (Ahemdabad).
- She has conducted many acting workshops in the UK (London, Birmingham, Leicester) and Damascus.
- Vashisht has made a 75 minute long solo theatre performance, “Lal Ded.” The performance was invited to feature in many national and international festivals including “National Theatre Festival Dehradun,” “World Theatre Day Pune,” “The Hungry Heart International Theatre Festival Delhi,” and “National Centre for Mumbai’s Performing Arts Centre.