Looking for Melinda Gates Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Your birth name||Melinda Ann French Biography|
|Others||Melinda Ann Gates, Melinda French Gates Wikipedia Instagram|
|Profession(s)||Businesswoman, Philanthropist, Global Advocate for Females and girls|
|Beloved For||The former wife of Bill Gates, an American business magnate|
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters– 170 cm
In meters– 1.70m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||Golden Brown|
|Award, Honours and Achievements||• Melinda and Bill Gates received the Award for “Greatest Public Service Benefiting the Disadvantaged,” an award given out annually by Jefferson Awards (2002)
• Melinda and Bill Gates named Persons of the Year alongside Bono by Time (2005)
• Melinda and Bill Gates received the “Spanish Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation” in recognition of their world impact through Charitable giving (2006)
• Melinda and Bill Gates awarded the “Insignia of the Order of the Aztec Eagle” or their philanthropic work around the world in the areas of health and education (2006)
• Received an honorary doctorate in medicine from the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden (2007)
• Melinda and Bill Gates received honorary degrees from the University of Cambridge (2009)
• Awarded an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters by Duke University as a tribute for She is a philanthropic volunteer (2013)
• Ranked #3 in Forbes 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017 lists of the 100 Most Powerful Women
• Ranked #4 in Forbes 2012 and 2016 lists of the 100 Most Powerful Women
• Ranked #5 in 2020, and #6 in 2011, 2018, and 2019 Forbes lists of the 100 Most Powerful Women
• Awarded the UCSF medal (2013)
• Appointed an honorary Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (2013)
• Melinda and Bill Gates jointly received India’s third-highest civilian honor, Padma Bhushan, in recognition of the ftheir philanthropic activities in India (2015)
• Melinda and Bill Gates received Presidential Medal of Freedom from Barack Obama for Their philanthropic efforts (2016)
• Melinda and Bill Gates awarded France’s highest national award, the Legion of Honour, in Paris for their charity efforts by the French President François Hollande (2017)
• Ranked #12 in the list of 200 Most Influential Philanthropists and Social Entrepreneurs Worldwide by UK-based company Richtopia (2017)
• Awarded the Otto Hahn Peace Medal 2016 of the United Nations Association of Germany (DGVN), Berlin-Brandenburg (2017)
|Date of birth||August 15, 1964, Saturday|
|Age in 2023||57 Years|
|Place of Birth||Dallas, Texas, US|
|Hometown||Dallas, Texas, US|
|Schools||• St. Monica Catholic School, Dallas, Texas, US
• Ursuline Academy of Dallas, Texas, US
|College/University||• Duke University, North Carolina
• Duke’s Fuqua School of Business, North Carolina
|Education Qualifications||• Graduate in Computer Science
• MBA with a focus in Economics LinkedIn
|Caste||Roman Catholic The Guardian|
|Hobbies||Watch Soccer matches|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Bill Gates, Business Tycoon
|The Marriage Date||Year 1994|
|Children||Son: Rory John
Daughter(s): Jennifer Katharine Gates, Phoebe Adele
|Parents||FatherRaymond Joseph French Jr. is an aeronautical engineer.
MotherElaine Agnes Amerland, a homemaker
|Siblings||Melinda has an older sister and two brothers.
|Tv Show||The Colbert Report, 2005-2014|
Melinda Gates: Some less-known facts
- Melinda Gates, an American businesswoman who is also a philanthropist, is Melinda Gates. Global advocate, she is also Melinda Gates for Women and girls. Melinda is the co-chair of the “Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation,” world’s largest private charitable foundation.
- Her family was middle-class and she grew up in Dallas.
- Melinda, a high-achieving student at her high school, was always the top of her class.
- Although Melinda’s mother, Elaine, herself never went to a college, she was very particular about her children’s education. She took care of her rentals on weekends so that she could provide for them. for her children’s school and tuition fee.
- Melinda’s father presented her with an Apple II, an 8-bit computer at home.
- In high school, her father introduced Melinda to Mrs. Bauer as a math teacher. Melinda learned advanced mathematics from her teacher but developed an interest and passion for computer science, specifically BASIC programming languages.
- Gates studied at Duke University and was part of Kappa Alpha Theta’s Beta Rho Chapter.
- Melinda spent her post-graduation years as a teacher of mathematics and computer programming. for Take your time.
- Melinda was a graduate of the MBA program and joined Microsoft Corporation in 1987 as a product manager. Her role as a product manger included multimedia and interactive products, such as Cinemania, Encarta, Publisher, Microsoft Bob, Money, Works, Expedia, Microsoft Bob, Money, Works, Macintosh, Microsoft Bob, Money, Works, Microsoft Bob, Money, Works, Word, Expedia, Expedia, Word, Cinemania, Encarta, Publisher, Microsoft Bob, Money, Works, Macintosh, Publisher, Microsoft Bob, Money, Works, Microsoft Bob, Money, Works, Microsoft Bob, Microsoft Bob, Microsoft Corporation, Word
- After nine years of service, she rose to General Manager Information Products at Microsoft. She resigned in 1996.
- In 1996, she became a member of Duke University’s Board of Trustees. This position she held until 2003.
- In 2004, Melinda’s name was added in the Board of Directors of The Washington Post company
- In August 2006, she was appointed to the Board of Directors at Drugstore.com. She then decided to concentrate on philanthropy.
- Melinda, along with her husband, Bill founded the charitable organization Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in 2000 in Seattle with an aim improve public health, education, and climate change.
- For efficient working of her organization, in 2006, Melinda divided the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation into three major departments: worldwide health, global development, and U.S. community and education.
- Since its incorporation in 2000, Bill & Melinda Foundation has worked to develop prevention strategies, provide vaccines and treatments for Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, and Malaria are all examples of these diseases.
- In 2011, Melinda restated the mission of her foundation as “improving equity in four areas: global health, education, access to digital information via public libraries, and support for at-risk families in Washington State and Oregon.”
- Melinda gave $560million in 2012 to expand contraception. for women in poor countries.
- It has been a hard task for her to effect change in education in the United States. The Gates Millennium Scholars program was also created by her foundation. through This made it easier for Student funding for their studies
- In the past two decades, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has spent around $50 billion to combat poverty and diseases. The foundation works not only in America, but also in developing countries such as India, South Africa and Nigeria to alleviate poverty.
- According to its 2019 financials, her foundation has net assets of $43.3 billion.
- Melinda founded Pivotal Ventures in addition to the foundation. This separate foundation aims at identifying, developing, and implementing innovative solutions to issues affecting US families and women. In 2015, the foundation was founded.
- In 2019, Gates launched her book “The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World.” The book is based on the link between women’s empowerment and the health of societies.
- Melinda is a passionate sports fan since her childhood. Her high school soccer and college soccer days were spent playing the game. She still enjoys the sport when she can.
- Melinda had a chat with Bill for It was at the New York Trade Fair that they met for the first time. They began dating and were married in 1994.
- Bill Gates spoke out about his relationship to Melinda during a Netflix documentary.
We took a lot of care for each other and there were only two possibilities: either, we were going to break up or we were going to get married.”
- Melinda, recalling Bill’s list of pros and cons for her marriage, said this in an interview.
Methodical it seems even in matters of the heart – writing a list on a whiteboard with the pros and the cons of getting married.”
- The couple hired helicopters from all over town to prevent unnecessary traffic at their venue.
- The duo established an organization while on vacation in Africa 1993. for Philanthropy. The organization came to be known as the “Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.”
- Melinda has been influenced by Malala Yousafzai, a Pakistani activist.
- Her public speaking skills are also impressive. In 2014, Melinda, along with Bill, appeared at Vancouver’s first TED conference to talk about their “Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.”
- Gates participated in the World Health Assembly’s May 2014 talk about saving the lives of newborns.
- In April 2015 she met Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and they extended their support to sanitation improvement and nutritional solutions. for India’s most vulnerable.
- The couple filed for divorce in May 2023. through Similar tweets. They read:
We have decided to end our marriage after much thought and hard work. We have had three amazing children over 27 years and created a foundation around the globe that helps people live productive, healthy lives. While we still share the same belief and we will keep working together to build the foundation, we are not convinced that we can continue growing together in our next stage of life. It is our request for Privacy and space for Our family, as we navigate this new life.”
- Ann Winblad, Bill Gates’ ex-girlfriend and he made headlines online after the announcement of their split. During one of his interviews, Bill Gates said that he continued his annual vacations with his ex-girlfriend, software entrepreneur and venture capitalist Ann Winblad, even after marrying Melinda.