Looking for Meghna Gulzar Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Profession(s)||Film director, producer, writer|
|Beloved For||Being Gulzar & RakheeThe daughter of the author|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 163 cm
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Start||Film (Screenplay): Hu Tu Tu (1999).
Film Director: Filhaal (2002)
|Award, Honours and Achievements||• Best Film Award for Raazi, Filmfare 2018,
• Best Director for Raazi, Filmfare 2018,
|Date of birth||13th December 1973, Thursday|
|Age as of 2019||46 Years|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|School||St. Xavier’s Highschool, Fort Mumbai, Maharashtra Hindustan Times|
|College/University Wikipedia||• St. Xaviers College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
• Tisch School Of the Arts, New York
|Higher Education||• Graduation in Sociology from St. Xavier’s
• A short course in filmmaking from the Tisch School Of the Arts in 1995
|Religion||Sikhism The Asian Age|
|Address||Boskiyana, Nargis Dutt Road, Pali Hill, Bandra (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Hobbies||You can paint, garden, or listen to music.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Wedding Date||9 January 2000|
|Husband/Spouse||Govind Sandhu (Businessman)
|Children||Son– Samay Sandhu
|Actor(s)||Irrfan Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan|
|Actress(s)||Tabu, Alia Bhatt|
|Film||Sally and Harry (1989)|
|Music Director(s).||Vishal Bhardwaj, A. R. Rahman|
|Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar, Anuradha PaudwalK. S. Chithra|
|Song(s)||“Jaage Hain,” from Guru (2007).|
|Book||Stoo Hample’s “Children’s Letters To God”|
A Few Lesser-Known Facts about Meghna Gulzar
- Meghna Gulzar, an Indian filmmaker, producer and writer, is her name. Her films include Talvar, and Raazi.
- Meghna Gulzar was born as the only child to the renowned lyricist, Gulzar And the veteran actress. Rakhee.
- As her parents separated in her childhood, her family was not able to provide her with a traditional childhood. Meghna is passionate about Kashmir, as her entire childhood was spent there due to the long shooting hours of her parents.
- Meghna’s career began as a freelancer writer. for the “Times of India” and the NFDC Publication- “Cinema in India.”
- She is also a poet and the “Poetry Society of India” has published her poetries in its anthologies.
- Following her graduation she began to work for filmmaker Saeed Akhtar Mirza (winner of two national awards) as an Assistant Director.
- After completing her filmmaking course in New York, she returned to India and assisted her father in films such as “Maachis” and “Hu Tu Tu.”
- When you are working for Meghna’s father also started scripting films for her, so she began directing documentaries. for Doordarshan. Her videos include many that she directed. for These albums were music at that time.
- In 2002, Meghna directed her first film “Filhaal,” starring Sushmita Sen And Tabu. But, it was not a box office success. Her second film, “Just Married,” starring Fardeen Khan And Esha Deol wasn’t a success as well.
- In 2015, Meghna directed the film “Talvar,” written by Vishal BhardwajIt received commercial and critical acclaim. The film was based on the “2008 Noida double murder case”; an unsolved case of the double murders of a 14-year-old girl Aarushi Talwar (daughter) Dr Rajesh Talwar Hemraj (45-year-old domestic worker) and Dr Nupur Talwar (Dr Nupur Talwar).
- She doesn’t like the term “Bollywood,” And she prefers to call it the “Hindi Film Industry.”
- In 2018, she directed “Raazi,” starring Alia Bhatt and Vicky Kaushal. The film was based on Harinder Sikka’s novel “Calling Sehmat,” depicting the story of the real-life Indian Spy, Sehmat (fictional name). Film was a great success. It also won two Filmfare award.
- In an interview she once expressed her desire for her mother to be her director. Rakhee In a movie.
- In June 2019, she declared that she was done with the filming for The film was the next in a series of films that she made based on her real-life experience as an acid attack survivor. Laxmi Agarwal. The film is titled “Chhapaak,” and it will be released on 10 January 2020. Starring will be actor James Franco. Deepika Padukone Laxmi is the founder of and Vikrant MasseyThe?, Mirzapur fame. Deepika (also the producer) released the theatrical poster for the film on 25 March 2019. It also showed her appearance as Laxmi.
A character that will stay with me forever…#Malti
— Malti (@deepikapadukone) March 25, 2019
- In June 2019, Meghna announced that she was working with Ronnie Screwvala to direct a biopic on India’s first Field Marshall, Sam Manekshaw. Bollywood actor Vicky Kaushal Vicky posted an image on her Instagram account showing him as Sam Manekshaw.
View this post on Instagram
I feel honoured, emotional and proud of getting a chance to unfold the journey of this fearless patriot, the swashbuckling general, the first Field Marshal of India- SAM MANEKSHAW. Remembering him on his death anniversary today and embracing the new beginnings with @meghnagulzar and #RonnieScrewvala. @rsvpmovies