Are you looking for Manvendra Singh Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? You can read the entire article.
|Full Name||Manvendra Singh Jasol|
|Another Name||Col. Manvendra Singh|
|Profession(s)||Politician, Army Personnel|
|Beloved For||Jaswant Singh is the son of a politician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 173 cm
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|The approximate weight||in kilogramsMaximum 80kg
in pounds1.75 kg
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress, 2018-Present
Bharatiya Janata Party (Late 1990’s-2018)
|Date of birth||19 May 1964|
|Age in 2018.||54 years|
|The birthplace||Jodhpur in Rajasthan, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Jodhpur in Rajasthan, India|
|School||Mayo College, Rajasthan|
|College/University||• Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts
• School of Oriental and African Studies, London
|Higher Education||Master of Arts, School of Oriental and African Studies London|
|Address||Jasol House. Pawta B/4 Road. Jodhpur|
|Hobbies||Reading and Writing|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Wedding Date||June 17, 1994|
|Children||SonHamir Singh Rathore
For the Daughter– Harshini Kumari Rathore
|Parents||FatherThakur Jaswant Singh, Retired Army Personnel and Polittician
|Collection of Cars||Mahindra XUV, Model No-2012 (RJ04-UA2233)|
|Assets/Properties||Bank Fixed Deposits ₹30 Lakhs
Bonds, Debentures, Shares: ₹5 Lakhs
Jewellery: ₹26 Lakhs
The Total Value ₹86 Lakhs
|Net worth (approx.||₹98 Lakhs (as in 2013)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manvendra Singh
- Before joining the politics, Manvendra was a journalist and worked for the Statesman and the Indian Express.
- Manvendra entered politics in the late ’90s as a member of Bharatiya Janata Party.
- In 1999, he contested elections from Barmer-Jaisalmer constituency of Rajasthan and lost his first Lok Sabha election to Sona Ram (Indian National Congress).
- In 1999, he also fought in the Kargil War as he was serving under the Territorial Army.
- He won the Lok Sabha election (2004) defeating Sona Ram by 2,71,888 votes from the same constituency.
- In the 14th Lok Sabha, Singh represented Barmer-Jaisalmer constituency of Rajasthan where he was appointed a member of the Standing Committee on Defence.
- In 2013, he won the Vidhan Sabha Election from Shiv constituency in Rajasthan as a candidate of BJP.
- In 2014, when he campaigned against the BJP Lok Sabha Candidate from his father’s constituency, Manvendra was suspended from BJP.
- In 2018, Singh quit Bharatiya Janata Party to join Indian National Congress, just before 2018 Rajasthan Legislative Assembly Elections. Jaswant Singh was insulted by BJP, he claimed. PTI also heard that he claimed that Jaswant Singh was insulted by BJP.
“The people of Rajasthan, especially from Barmer, Jalaur, Jaisalmer, and Jodhpur will take revenge for the insult caused to my father Jaswant Singh when he was denied the party ticket and expelled (from the BJP),”
- In 2013, He published the book, Campaign Diary: Chronicle of an Election Fought and Lost.
- He holds the rank of Colonel in Territorial Army (India).