Looking for Kunal Shah (CRED Founder) Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
• Venture Capitalist
|Physical Stats & More|
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Honors, Awards and Achievements|| Economic Times: Comeback Award
• Economic Times 2016
Economic Times: 40 Under 40
Fortune 40 below 40
Fortune 40 below 40
|Date of Birth||20. Mai 1983, Friday|
|Age as of 2021||38 Years|
|The birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|College/University||• Wilson College, Mumbai
• Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
|Higher Education||MBA Dropout The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Widow||Bhavna Shah (Freelance Designer of Graphics)
|Hobbies||Chess or Poker?|
|Playwright||G. B. Shaw|
|The Businessman||Steve Jobs|
|Books||• Hard things about Hard things by Ben Horowitz
• Zero to One by Blake Masters and Peter Thiel
• Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely
• The Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma
• Never split the difference by Christopher Voss and Tahl Raz
|Destination to Travel||Goa|
|Estimated Net Worth||806 Million as of 2021 Business Insider|
Here are some lesser-known facts about Kunal Shah
- Kunal Shah is an Indian entrepreneur and venture capitalist who is the founder of CRED, which is considered the second-fastest-growing unicorn startup in India. CRED will be a global leader in the creation of unicorn startups by 2021. this With $200 million in funding, startup had a target of reaching a $2B valuation
- For him, it wasn’t easy to make it big in the startup scene. He belonged to a humble background and started working in his teenage due to his family’s financial problems. In an interview, while talking about hardships that he faced in his life, Kunal Shah said,
The value you can have in your life is not dependent on money. for money is what it can do to other people’s lives.”
- Following his MBA dropout, he began his first job in software development as a junior programmer at a business outsourcing company.
- Between August 2000 and August 2010, he was the CEO at several companies.
- Between August 2010 and October 2016, he was CEO at FreeCharge. A company he started in 2010.
- He worked for Y Combinator from January 2016 until December 2016.
- Between January 2016 and May 2017, he was the Chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India.
- He was an Advisor for Sequoia Capital from January 2017 through December 2017.
- As an AngelList Advisor and The Times Group Advisor, he’s been with The Times Group since January 2018, respectively.
- Kunal Shah is a scientist and has always been interested in science and behavioral finance.
- He met Sandeep Tandon, co-founder of “FreeCharge,” while working at a business process outsourcing company in 2010 in Mumbai.
- “FreeCharge” was a cellphone bill recharging startup service that achieved a valuation of $400 million in 2015, and in the same year, it was acquired by Snapdeal, and it was touted as one of the biggest e-commerce acquisitions at that time.
- In July 2017, Axis Bank acquired “FreeCharge” for $60 million.
- Kunal Shah invested all of the income from his acquisition to fund startups in India as well as abroad. He invested in 80 startups including Pianta (healthcare service startup), Unacademy (Ed-Tech startup), Razorpay (billion-dollar fintech startup).
- During an interview, he was asked “why he didn’t own a designer car?” to which he answered,
I don’t know. This is something that I am constantly thinking about. I don’t feel I deserve it. I’d rather be investing in other people’s dreams because that’s more likely to change fortunes. I’d rather invest in a startup any day. I think I’m likely to be this It will last forever. Anyway, in India, the commute doesn’t get better in a superior car. Problem isn’t the car, it’s the roads. car.
- CRED, founded in 2018 by Kunal Shah, targets India’s top 1% with a high income and willingness to spend.
- Kunal Shah has introduced an incentive-based reward program with CRED. for Customers can get discounts on airfare tickets or gym memberships by paying their credit cards. To be eligible for these offers, customers must have a credit score above 750.
- CRED currently serves 5.9 million users, and process approximately 20% credit card bill payment in India.
- He has also featured in a web series called “TVF Pitchers” as a judge of a startup event.
- Kunal Shah has 269k Twitter followers and is active on social media. He is open about his views and opinions.