Looking for K. K. Venugopal Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Full Name||Kottayan Katankot Venugopal|
|Profession||Indian Constitution Lawyer and Senior Advocate at the Supreme Court of India|
|Beloved For||To be the 15th Indian Attorney General (30 June 2017-1 July 2023).|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 168 cm
In meters1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Honours||• Padma Bhushan in 2002, the third-highest civilian honor
• Padma Vibhushan in 2015, the second-highest civilian honor
|Date of Birth||6 September 1931 (Sunday).|
|Age as of 2020||89 years|
|Place of Birth||Kanhangad, Kasaragod district, Madras Presidency, British India|
|College/University||• Madras Christian College, Chennai
• Raja Lakhamgouda Law College, Belgaum
• St. Aloysius College, Mangalore
|Education Qualifications||• B.Sc. in Physics from Madras Christian College, Chennai
• Law from Raja Lakhamgouda Law College, Belgaum
|Caste||Nambiar (Hindu Ambalavasi caste) Financial Express|
|Hobbies||He loves collecting antiquarian books|
|Controversies||• In the Rafale documents case, K. K. Venugopal represented the Narendra Modi government and informed the Supreme Court that the government was planning to take “criminal action” under the Official Secrets Act against few unnamed persons who tampered with the Rafale documents. The Print
• K. K. Venugopal ended up in the limelight again when he asked senior advocate Anand Grover to address senior advocate Indira Jaising as his “wife” and not “Ms. Jaising” in the Supreme Court. ThePrint
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|The wife||Shantha Konath Veugopal|
|Children||Son– Krishnan Venugopal (senior advocate, Supreme Court) NDTV
|Parents||Father– M. K. Nambiar (Barrister)
Mother– Kalyani Nambiar
|Siblings||Brother(s)– Shiva Shanker Nambiar
SisterNalini Vasudevan (died 4 January 2013).
|Salary of the Attorney General in India||• Suits, write petitions, appeals, and references under article 143: Rs. 16,000/- per case per day
• Special leave petitions and other applications: Rs. 10,000/- per case per day
• Settling pleadings (including affidavits): Rs. 5,000/- per pleading
• Settling Statement of Case: Rs. 6,000/- per case
• For giving opinions in statements of cases sent by the Ministry of Law: Rs. 10,000/- per case
• For written submission before the Supreme Court, High Court, and Commissions of Inquiry or Tribunals and the like: Rs. 10,000/- per case
• Appearance in Courts outside Delhi: Rs. 40,000/- per day per case
Here are some lesser-known facts about K. K. Venugopal
- K. K. Venugopal (Sunday, 6 September 1931) was born when India was still governed by the British. Venugopal was a well-known Indian constitutional lawyer. He is also a Senior Advocate at the Supreme Court of India. On 30 June 2017, Mr. Venugopal was appointed as the 15th Attorney General of India, after Mukul Rohatgi stepped down as the Attorney General of India.
- Venugopal, a Nambiar family (Hindu Ambalavasi) was born to a father M. K. Nambiar who was a barrister. His mother’s name is Kalyani Nambiar. Venugopal moved with his family to Mangalore, where Venugopal spent his childhood. He then did his primary schooling before moving to Chennai. for higher education.
- Venugopal studied at Madras Christian College Chennai, where he completed his B.Sc. In Physics. His father was an attorney at Madras High Court. His father was a barrister in Madras High Court. This inspired him to choose law as his profession at Raja Lakhamgouda Law College. He began his career in Mysore as a lawyer on March 1, 1954.
- Soon after thisHe began his career in Madras High Court under the guidance of his father. Over five decades later, he has more than fifty years of experience as a lawyer. After moving to Delhi, where he was appointed as senior advocate in 1972 and worked on several cases that were important.
- Venugopal appeared over the years. for Many high-profile cases, such as the Babri Masjid demolition case in which he represented L K Advani (BJP leader) and Atal Bihari Valjpayee (BJP leader), were among them. From 1996 to 1997, he was elected president of Union Internationale des Avocats, an International Association of Lawyers.
- He was also appointed by Bhutan’s Royal Government to assist them in drafting the Constitution of Bhutan.
K.K Venugopal is the Attorney General for India in relation to the Sabarimala Dispute. You can view the entire video at ilawstudent.com
ILawStudent ಅವರಿಂದ ಈ ದಿನದಂದು ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ಮಾಡಲಾಗಿದೆ ಶನಿವಾರ, ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ 23, 2017
- On 29 June 2020, the Ministry of Law and Justice released a statement that read-
K. K. Venugopal Senior Advocate has been re-elected President for India for a period of one year starting 1st July 2020.”