Are you looking for K Chandrashekar Rao Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? This article will help you.
|Full Name||Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao|
|Profession(s)||Politician, Social Activist|
|Celebrities||First Chief Minister of Telangana, a new state created after the 2014 division of Andhra Pradesh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 173 cm
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Weighing (approx.||in kilogramsMaximum 75kg
in pounds– 165 Pounds
|Political Party||Telangana Rashtra Samithi
|Political Journey||1983: Assembled the Telugu Desam Party
1983: A. Madan Mohan lost the Andhra Pradesh Assembly Elections
1985-1999: In Siddipet, won four consecutive Assembly Elections
1987-1988: Served as the Minister of Drought & Relief in N. T. Rama Rao’s Cabinet
1996: He was appointed Transport Minister in Chandrababu Naidu’s Cabinet
2000-2001: As the Deputy Speaker, the Andhra Pradesh Assembly
2001: Resigned as a Telugu Desam Party member
2001: Telangana Rashtra Samithi was founded
2009-2014: Serving as Member of Parliament for Mahbubnagar Constituency
2014: The first Chief Minister of Telangana
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||• Popular Choice Award at CNN-IBN Indian of the Year 2014
• Agricultural leadership award 2017
|Date of birth||17 February 1954|
|Age as of 2018||64 Years|
|Place of Birth||Siddipet, Hyderabad State, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Siddipet, Hyderabad State, India|
|College/University||Osmania University, Hyderabad|
|Education Qualification||MA Literature|
|Caste/Community||Velama Thr Hindu|
|Address||Pragathi Bhavan, Hyderabad|
|Hobbies||Read, Write, Poem, and Listen to Music|
|Relationships & More|
|Wedding Date||April 23, 1969|
|Children||Son– K. T. Rama Rao (Politician)
For the DaughterKalvakuntla Kavitha, Politician
|Siblings||Brother– 1 (Elder)
|Favourite Cigarette Brand||Benson and Hedges|
|Assets/Properties||Bank Fixed Deposits ₹44 Lakhs
Bonds, Debentures, Shares: ₹4 Crore
The Total Value ₹6 Crore
|Net worth (approx.||₹15 Crore (as in 2014)|
A Few Lesser-Known Facts about K Chandrashekar Rao
- Does K Chandrashekar Rao smoke?:
- KCR began his political career by joining the youth Congress party in Medak district followed by joining the Telugu Desam Party led by N. T. Rama Rao.
- He resigned from his post of Deputy Speaker and from Telugu Desam Party as well on 27 April 2001 because he felt the need for the formation of a separate state as the people of Telangana were being discriminated.
- The leader founded the Telangana Rashtra Samithi in April 2001, a regional party in India.
- In 2004, he contested the elections as a TRS candidate from the Karimnagar Lok Sabha Constituency and the Siddipet State Assembly Constituency and won from both the constituency.
- His party TRS, in 2004 fought General Elections as an alliance with Congress Party. They won the election. However, in 2006, four members of TRS party resigned from Lok Sabha because Congress party had promised Telangana a new state. This promise was not fulfilled after the elections.
- KCR was instrumental in the establishment of Telangana as a separate state. KCR played a vital role in the creation of Telangana, a separate state. With the announcement by the Government of India of the establishment of a new country, the 11-day fast came to an end.
- KCR was sworn in as Telangana’s first Chief Minister on June 2, 2014.
- His priest advised him that he was a superstitious politician, and that is why he took the oath to CM at 12.57 pm. KCR’s lucky number is 6.
- Eight times he has been elected President of TSR.
- In June 2019, Rao launched the irrigation project, Kaleshwaram to irrigate 1 Crore acres land with a capital outlay of ₹85,000 Crore.
- For the rejuvenation and restoration of 46,000 tanks and lakes, KCR started Mission Kakatiya in 2014.
- In June 2017, he started the Amma ODI & KCR Kit scheme, a successful venture for lactating and pregnant women.
- Leaders have a strong command of languages such as English, Urdu and Telugu.