Looking for Johnny Lever Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|The Real Name||John Rao Prakash Rao Janumala|
|Profession||Comedian and actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters- 160 cm
Meters- 1.65 m
Feet Inches 5’ 5”
|Date of birth||14 August 1957|
|Age in 2019.||62 years|
|The birthplace||Kanigiri in Andhra Pradesh (India)|
|Hometown||Prakasam in Andhra Pradesh (India)|
|Schools||Andhra Education Society English High school|
|Education Qualifications||Standard 7.|
|Make your debut||Bollywood Film Tum Par Hum Qurban (Hindi, 1985)
Telugu Film: 1995 Criminal
Tamil Film Anbirkku Alavillai (2011)
TV: Johny Aala Re (2007 on ZEE TV).
|Family||FatherPrakash Rao Janumala is an operator with Hindustan Lever Ltd.
Mother– Karunamma Janumala
Brothers– Jimmy Moses (actor, playback singer, stand-up comedian & mimicry artist) & 1 more (both younger)
Sisters– 3 (all younger)
|Address||151/152 Oxford Tower, Yamuna Nagar Lokhandwala, Andheri West, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Donating Charity, Mimicry and Listening To Music. Watching films.|
|Controversies||On December 8, 1998, he received 7 days imprisonment. for Disrespecting the Indian Constitution, and the Indian National Anthem at the Anis Ibrahim’s birthday celebration in Dubai. Anis Ibrahim’s brother is Dawood Ibrahim.|
|Music Director||Kalyanji-Anandji duo|
|Affairs and Girls|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||It is not known|
|Wife/Spouse||Sujatha Johnrao Janumala
|Wedding Date||Year 1984|
|Children||Son– Jesse Johnrao Janumala
Dolly– Jamie Janumala aka Jamie Lever (Comedian, Actor, Singer)
A Few Lesser-Known Facts About Johnny Lever
- Is Johnny Lever a smoker?: No (Quit in 2002)
- Johnny Lever drinks Alcohol: No (Quit in 2002)
- His family was Telugu Christian.
- His father was an operator with Hindustan Lever Ltd.
- He was brought up in Dharavi (Mumbai’s King’s Circle area).
- Due to adverse financial conditions, he couldn’t study further after 7th grade and started doing odd jobs, like selling pens on the streets of Bombay (now Mumbai) by doing mimicry of Bollywood stars.
- In Yakutpura (an ancient city in Hyderabad), he was taught the art of comedy.
- One time, he imitated a few top officers at an event held by the Hindustan Lever Ltd Company. He was then named Johnny Lever.
- After performing stand-up comedy for orchestras, he joined Kalyanji Anandji.
- Also, he worked for Hindustan Lever Ltd. He quit the company, however, in 1981 because he was making a lot of money from his stage performances.
- Together with Kalyanji Anandji he went on world tours.
- Sunil Dutt, a veteran actor and comedian noticed the talent of Sunil Dutt at one of his shows. He offered Sunil his first big break in film-making. Dard Ka Rishta.
- Also, he did a commercial for Kachua ChhapShekhar Kapoor directed the film.
- After his role in 1993 Bollywood movie- “Bollywood”, he became well-known. Baazigar.
- Also, he was in the Tulu film Rang (2014).
- He practices Christianity and when asked about his devotion towards Christianity, he replied- “It was God’s will. Although I was a religious person my whole life, one thing changed everything. My son was diagnosed as having cancer. My son was diagnosed with cancer. I felt helpless, so I turned to God. for help. My film career ended and I spent my days praying. for him. He was finally taken ten days later. for The doctors performed a test and were shocked to discover that cancer had disappeared. That was the beginning of a brand new life. for me.”
- He has appeared in over 350 movies so far.
- Also, he is considered to be the founder of Indian stand-up comedy.
- He was nominated 13 times for Filmfare Award Nominations under the heading of “Best Performance in a Comedy Role” and has also won two Filmfare Award Nominations. for His performances were in Deewana Mastana 1997 Dulhe Raja (1998).