Looking for Jackie Shroff Age, Height, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Name of the mother||Jai Kishan|
|Full Name||Jai Kishan Kakubhai Shroff|
|Nickname(s)||• Jagga IMDb
• Jaggu Dada Dailyhunt
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters– 183 cm
In meters– 1.83 M
in feet & inches– 6’
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Start||Hindi Film: Swami Dada (1982)
Bhojpuri Film: Hum Haeen Khalnayak (2004); as Arjun
Bengali Film: Antarmahal, 2005. As Bhubaneswar Choudhury
Kannada Film: c/o Footpath (2006).
Telugu Film: Astram (2006), as Kadir Wali
Malayalam Film Athisayan (2007); as Sekharan
Marathi Film: Rita, 2009; as Salvi
Punjabi Film: Mummy Punjabi (2011); as Kanwal Sandhu
Tamil Film Aaranya Kaandam (2011); as Singaperumal
Oriya Film: Daha Balunga (2013); as Arun Singh Deo
Konkani film: Soul Curry, 2017 as Musician
Gujarati Film: Ventilator (2018). As Jagdish
TV: Hotstar: Criminal Justice 2019
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||1990: Filmfare Award for The Best Actor for “Parinda”
1995: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor award for “1942: A Love Story”
1996: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor award for “Rangeela”
2007: Award for Special Honour Jury for Incredible contribution to Indian Cinema
2014: GQ’s Original Rockstar
2016: HT Award for Most Stylish Living Legend
2017: National Award-Hindi Cinema Gaurav Samman at Vigyan Bhawan
2018: Filmfare Short Film Award for The Best Actor for “Khujli”
2018: Best Actor award for Goa State Awards: Soul Curry, a Konkani film
|Date of Birth||1. February 1957 Friday|
|Age as of 2020||63 Years|
|Place of Birth||Bombay (now Mumbai), Bombay State (now Maharashtra), India|
|Education Qualification||11th Standard Tata Sky|
|Habits of Food||Vegetarian|
|Address||He lives in Bandra and Mumbai in the bungalow ‘Le Pepeyon’ IMDb|
|Hobbies||Cooking, listening to and singing along with music|
|Controversies||• In an interview, Tabu’s sister Farah revealed that Jackie had tried to rape Tabu at Danny Denzongpa’s house after they finished the shoot of the 1986 film Diljala in which Farah and Jackie were working together. Amar Ujala
• In 2011, a rumour went viral on social media that Jackie Shroff was gay. A journalist mentioned this In an article and then the news went viral like wildfire. Jackie later denied that the information was fake and stated that he would pursue legal action against this journalist. Deccan Herald
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Leena Somaiya, author (Tina Munium’s niece); in the early ’80s IMDb
• Ayesha Dutt
|Wedding Date||5 June 1987 (Friday)
|Wife/Spouse||Ayesha Shroff (film producer)
|Children||Son– Tiger Shroff (actor)
For the DaughterKrishna Shroff
|Parents||Father– Kakabhai Haribhai Shroff (Astrologer)
MotherRita Shroff (her true name was Hoorunnisa). IMDb
|Siblings||BrotherHemant Shrioff (died at 17 in 1967).
|Food||Baigan Ka Bhartha IMDb|
|Actress||Asha Parekh IMDb|
|Net worth (approx.||Rs. 181 Crores (as of 2020) Republic World|
Jackie Shroff’s Lesser-Known Facts
- Jackie Shroff, an Indian actor with more than 200 movies in nearly thirteen languages is very popular.
- A Mumbai-based Gujarati-speaking family raised him. His father, Kakubhai Shroff was a Gujarati and belonged to a wealthy pearl trader’s family while his mother was a Turkish. The real name of his mother was Hoorunnisa, and she converted to Hinduism after marriage and took the name as Rita.
- His mother belonged to Kazakhstan, and when there was a coup in Kazakhstan, his maternal grandmother, along with her six daughters (including Jackie’s mother), came down all the way through Ladakh and Delhi were followed by Mumbai.
- Like Jackie, his parents were also in a loving marriage. His parents were both teenagers when he married his mother.
- His father lost a lot of money through shares and so he moved to Teen Batti, Malabar Hill in Mumbai. Jackie was born there. T2
- Jackie lived in Teen Batti from the time he was 30 years old. His wife Ayesha sold him the apartment and bought him a new one. Ayesha lived in South Mumbai in a house of 4,200 sq.ft and was a model. Jackie met Ayesha when she was just 15 years old, while Ayesha had been 14 at the time. When he was talking about Ayesha,
Ayesha is half Bengali, half French. She was about 14-15 years old when I met her at a bus stop. She had beautiful legs. The bus stopped, I stopped and I said, ‘Hi.’ And I said, ‘My name is Jackie.’ She said, ‘My name is Ayesha.’ I said, ‘What do you do?’ She said, ‘I have come to meet my boyfriend.’ I said, ‘I have come to play on the playstation.’ And it started off from there.” Times of India
- There is a sad story behind his nickname “Jaggu Dada.” It was, in fact, his elder brother, Hemant Shroff, a mill worker, who had earned the title of “Dada” in the chawl area in Mumbai where his family used to live. He was known as the “Dada” in his locality. for He was always there to help. But his older brother drowned in the sea while trying to rescue someone else from drowning. Jackie was only 10 years old at the time. Jackie Shroff said, “While talking about it.
Jaggu Dada in our chawl was actually my brother. He was a caring person who took care of the slum dwellers and looked after them whenever they needed. Unfortunately, my younger brother was forced to jump into the water at such a young age in order to help someone. And my brother didn’t know swimming, so he started drowning. He was floating when I pulled a cable at him. for He lost control of the cable in a matter of seconds. It was a frightening moment for me, as I watched my son drown. After him, I decided I had to look after my slum people just like he does and then I TURNED INTO JAGGU DADA.” Dailyhunt
- After his brother’s demise, he became such a frightened child that he would often hide under the bed even on a cracker’s noise. He was a better person because of his mother. His mother was the reason he felt so close to him that he often spoke about her.
It was impossible to love my mother enough. But I always ask myself that if I loved her so much, why didn’t I burn myself with her. Three times per week, I experience vivid dreams of my mother. In my dreams, I visit my mother’s old home and sit down beside her. I touch my mother’s photograph every morning after taking a shower and show her picture to the sun as she used to pray to the sun every morning.”
- His school was very athletic, but he suffered from a bad habit of smoking that began as a teenager. He also supported many brands of cigarettes during his modeling days. After quitting smoking, he became a chain-smoker. for years, he finally quit smoking on his children’s insistence. While discussing it, he said:
Tiger used to say, ‘daddy stop it… stop it… stop it. We expect our children to be able to comprehend in one sitting. Jab Hum Bachhon Ko Bolte Hai Ki Aisa Mat Karo It was then that I realized we as parents should be able to understand both the reasons and intent of the request. It was my kids who told me to stop. It took some time though, but now, I’m completely out of it.” msn
- After 11th standard, he couldn’t further his studies; owing to his family’s financial constraints, so he quit studies and started working in a travel agency called “Trade Wings” in Mumbai. He was at the bust station when, while he was waiting for his turn to go, someone from a modeling agency approached him. They offered him a model assignment. He recalled that he was asked by a modelling agency to do a modeling assignment.
While I was in a travel agency, I stood on the bus stop. this person from a modelling agency asked me, ‘Why don’t you become a model?’ He said, ‘Photo lega, paisa dega.’ During my lunch break, I met him and gave my measurements and became a model.”
- His first job as a model was at Trade Wings, which was his previous travel agency. He then started modelling. The first income he received from modeling was Rs. 7500. Facebook
- Jackie Shroff wasn’t the only person who liked Dev Anand. It was Dev Anand that had made him famous in Bollywood. Dev Anand and Jackie Shroff share their story. for He said, “The first time.”
Kishore Chandramani (one of my best friends at school) was a very wealthy child. through He was the one who introduced me to all of the wealthy Sindhi and Gujarati children in the region, and they became my friends as well as my fans. this Cool dude, who is a natural stylist. I met Suneil Anand (Dev Anand’s son) in my acting class and requested him to make me meet Dev Anand as my mother was his big fan. I met Dev Anand and he said, ‘Subah subah tumhari tasveer dekhi and sham ko tum samne khade ho. Tumhe ek doonga. Parallel role hai, main hero hoon, tum second hero.’ I thought to myself, wow hero and I debuted in Swami Dada.”
- Subhash Ghai was the next to be cast in Hero (1983), opposite Meenakshi Shashadri. The film became such a hit that it’s still considered one of the most celebrated romantic films in India. The film also established Jackie Shroff in Bollywood’s big league.
- Jackie often was paired up with Anil Kapoor. They had both started careers together and went on to perform a lot of hits like Andar Bahar (1984), Yudh (85), Karma (1986), Ram Lakhan(89) and Parinda (1989).
- The popular Bollywood film Gardish (1993) in which he portrayed a common man taking on the criminal elements in society is considered his best work till date. Tata Sky
- Jackie is considered one of the most stylish actors in Bollywood, and his close association with designer Anna Singh has helped him maintain his style and persona.
- In Bollywood, he is good friends with Danny Denzongpa, Dimple Kapadia, and Amrita Singh. Times of India
- Jackie loves being close to the natural world and enjoys organic farming. He often visits his farm, where he grows organic herbs. He even attended the opening of the environment Jaldhaara Foundation.
- His name is also well known for His philanthropic endeavors for The less fortunate.
- His real surname was Saraf which his father changed to Shroff.
- He is an actor as well as being a talented cook. Before he started acting, he attempted to become a chef at Hotel Taj but was rejected due to his inability.
- He tried again to get a job as a pilot in Air India. But he was turned down. for Not meeting the minimum requirements.
- In 1998, during the shooting of an advertisement for Polio, he used foul language.
- Jackie, along with his wife Ayesha, runs a production company “Jackie Shroff Entertainment Limited” and has produced a few films under this production, such as Grahan (2000), Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hai (2000), Boom (2003), and Sandhya (2003). None of these films was successful at the box-office.
- After playing the role of Sai Baba in the film Malik Ek (2010), he quit smoking, drinking, and non-vegetarian food.
- Jackie Shroff has acted almost all kinds of roles, including villains, heroes, and ghosts (in Bhoot Uncle). After the ’90s, he mostly appeared in supporting roles, and his role of “Chunni Lal” in Shah Rukh Khan‘s film Devdas (2002) is still considered one of his best performances as a supporting actor.