Looking for Imtiaz Ali (Director) Age, Wife, Girlfriend, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Profession||Screenwriter and Film Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters- 178 cm
Feet Inches 5’ 10”
|Weighing (approx.||in Kilograms- Weight: 74kg
in Pounds- 163 Pounds
|Take Body Measurements (approx.||– Chest Size: 40 Inches
Waist Size: 32 Inches
Biceps 12 inches
|Date of birth||16 June 1971|
|Age in 2019.||48 years|
|Place of Birth||Jamshedpur (Jharkhand), India|
|Hometown||Darbhanga, Bihar, India|
|Schools||St. Michael’s Highschool, Patna India
D.B.M.S. English School Jamshedpur (Jharkhand), India
|College||University of Delhi, Hindu College
Xavier Institute of Communication (Mumbai, India)
|Higher Education||Mumbai, Xavier Institute of Communication. Filmmaking diploma|
|Make your debut||Film (Director). Socha Na Tha (2005)
Film (Actor). Black Friday (2004)
TV: Imtihaan (1995)
|Family||Father– Mansoor Ali
Brothers– Arif Ali, Sajid Ali (younger)
|Hobbies||Writing and Travel|
|Film||Bollywood: Junoon (1979)
Hollywood: English Patient, 1996
In the Mood for Love (Hong Kong Films, 2000).
Chungking Express (Hong Kong Film, 1994)
Map of the Human Heart (New Zealand Film in 1993).
Prisoner in the Mountains (Russian Film), 1996)
|Musician||A. R. Rahman|
|Sport||Basketball or Cricket|
|A writer||Ruskin Bond|
|Affairs and Girls|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Iman Ali, Pakistani Actress (present).
|Wife/Spouse||Preety A, Producer (div. 2012)
|Net Worth||It is not known|
Here are some lesser-known facts about Imtiaz Ali
- Does Imtiaz Ali smoke:? Yes
- Does Imtiaz Ali drink alcohol:? Yes
- His parents were Jamshedpur-born and raised in Jamshedpur.
- His father worked for the Irrigation Department.
- His father often took him along, giving him an opportunity to see the inner workings of India.
- He is the brother of director Arif Ali, who made his directorial debut with the film- Lekar Hum Deewana Dil (2014).
- His mid-term education was spent at Krim Mansion in Jamshedpur. He often watched films in the Cinema Hall attached to his house. for free. He made the projectionist of the Cinema Hall his friend and used to see him changing the Film-Reels.
- He wasn’t good at studies and failed in the 9th standard. This failure was a wake-up call for his soul, but his father supported him in his determination to continue his education and get into the Civil Services.
- He was born in Delhi, and he attended the University of Delhi Hindu College.
- He prepared also for the Civil Services, however, he developed an interest in Drama and started Ibtida, the dramatics society of the Hindu College.
- He completed his Delhi education and moved to Mumbai where he took a filmmaking course at Xavier Institution of Communication.
- He also did a course in advertising and marketing to become a copywriter.
- He was hired by Kunal Kohli as a glorified tape boy with a monthly salary of Rs 1,500 at Zee TV.
- Crest Communications hired him to be a TV writer. He was required to sit. for A computer is used for 17 hours daily.
- Socha Na Tha’s script was his and Sunny Deol discovered it. for Sunny Deol was approached by him to help launch Abhay Deol’s paternal cousin.
- After his film Jab We Met (2006), which was a huge success, he became incredibly popular.
- His bonding is strong with Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor.
- He made Highway in 2014. Critical acclaim was given to the film. for Its uniqueness. Highway, his first movie, was actually the one he wrote 20 years prior to its release.
- He revealed in an interview that he was confused about his personality. This confusion is often seen in his films’ characters.
- In April 2020, during the lockdown across the country in the wake of Corona epidemic, he posted to Instagram about the fond memories of his Maruti 800, which he had purchased as a first car. The caption of his Instagram post is:
“my first car, it’s first highway run – to Goa! Yeah, remember going down memory Lane during lockdown? #HappinessInLockdown… Thanks Tara for Looking for the picture.”