Looking for Hassan Rouhani Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Your birth name||Hassan Fereydoun|
|Nickname||“Diplomat Sheikh” The Washington Post|
|Beloved For||The 7th Iranian President|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 170 cm
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Political Party||Moderation and Development Party (2000-present).
|Political Journey||• Rouhani was elected to the Parliament of Iran (Majlis) for The first was in 1980.
• He went on to be elected to the Parliament of Iran for Five consecutive terms between 1980 and 2000.
• In his fourth and Fifth term, Rouhani became the deputy speaker of the Parliament as well as the head of defense committee (1st and 2nd terms), and foreign policy committee (4th and 5th terms).
• From 1989 to 2005, Rouhani was the first secretary of the SNSC(Supreme National Security Council).
• From 2000 to 2005, he remained the National Security Adviser to the president, Mohammad Khatami.
• In 2006, he was elected as a representative of Tehran Province to the Assembly’s fourth term and is still serving in that capacity.
• Rouhani was elected as a member of the Assembly’s “Commission for “Velayat-e Faqih: Protecting and Guarding” was the topic of research on March 5.
• In the 2013 Iranian Presidential Election, Rouhani won with landslide victory receiving 50.88% of Ballots.
• On 3 August 2013, Rouhani became the 7th President of Iran.
• On 20 May 2017, he was re-elected after securing approximately 57% of the vote.
|Rival with the most power||Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf|
|Date of birth||12th November 1948|
|Age in 2019.||71 years|
|The birthplace||Sorkheh, Semnan Province, Iran|
|Hometown||Sorkheh, Semnan Province, Iran|
|Schools||Rouhani studied religious studies at Semnan Seminary, then moved on to Qom Seminary where he continued his studies in 1961.|
|College/University||• University of Tehran
• Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland
|Higher Education||• He obtained a BA degree in Judicial Law in 1972 from the University of Tehran.
• In 1995, he graduated from Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland with an M.Phil. He received a degree in Law and his thesis entitled “The Islamic legislative power and the Iranian experience.”
• In 1999, Rouhani obtained a Ph.D. degree in Constitutional Law for Title of a thesis “The Flexibility in Shariah (Islamic Law), with reference to Iran experience
|Religion||Islam (Shiite). CNN|
|Caste/Sect||Twelver Shia Middle East Policy Council|
|Controversies||• In June 2013, a British Daily Newspaper ‘The Guardian’ reported that Rouhani also had a fifth child, a son who died in unknown circumstances. Sources claimed that the child had taken his own life to protest his father’s connection with Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. Saudi Newspaper “Asharq Al-Awsat” reports that the child had left a suicide notice in which he wrote,“I hate your government. I hate your lies. your corruption. your religion. Your double standard. And your hypocrisy. Each day, I had to lie to my friends, saying that my dad isn’t a part of it all. this. To tell them that my father loves me this Nation, I Believe this To be false. “It makes me sick to see you, my dad, kiss Khamenei’s hand.” The Guardian
• In February 2018, Rouhani’s call to hold a popular referendum on disputed issues to break the political deadlock in the country had angered conservatives. al-monitor.com
|Relationships & More|
|Wedding Date||Year, 1968 yjc.ir|
|Children||Son(s)– 3 His older son committed suicide in protest against the close relationship between his father and Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ahmad Ali Khamenei in 1992. ynetnews.com
Daughter(s)– He is the father of 2 children.
|Parents||FatherHaj Asadollah Freidon (had Sorkheh’s spice shop, died 2011).
MotherSakineh Peivandi (died 2015).
|Siblings||Brother– Hossein Feridon
Sister(s)– He has three sisters
|Net worth (approx.||As of 2020, $500,000 International Business Times|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hassan Rouhani
- Rouhani was a cleric. Hojatoleslam, his religious title is middle in the religious hierarchy.
- His religious studies began in Iran’s Semnan region in 1960.
- During the Iranian Islamist movement, he started traveling throughout Iran making speeches against the government of the Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi. In those years, he was often arrested and prohibited from speaking publicly.
- Rouhani fled Iran in 1977 under threat of arrest and joined Ayatollah Khhomeini, a French exile.
- In 1979’s Iranian Revolution, he attempted to stabilize the emerging Islamic Republic. He began by organizing the disorganized Iranian army.
- Five terms were served by Rouhani in the National Assembly between 1980 and 2000 after the overthrowing of Shah.
- Rouhani was an officer in the Supreme Defense Council between 1983 and 1988.
- During the Iran-Iraq war, from 1985 to 1991, Rouhani was the Commander of the Iranian air defenses and from 1988 to 1989, he served as the Deputy Commander of Iran’s Armed Forces.
- Rouhani received a job offer in 1989 from the Ministry of Intelligence after the Iran-Iraq conflict. But he declined the job.
- Rouhani served as the President’s National Safety Adviser from 1989 to 1997. From 2000 to 2005, he held the exact same position.
- Over a period of two years, from 2003 to 2005, Rouhani was Iran’s top nuclear negotiator.
- On 3 August 2013, Rouhani became the 7th President of Iran; defeating his nearest rival Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf.
- Rouhani spoke with ex-US President Barack Obama on the 27th of September 2013. Barack Obama The first telephone conversation between Iranian and American leaders since 1979.
- On 28 September 2015, in his address to the General Assembly of the United Nations, Rouhani said,
A new chapter has started in Iran’s relations with the world.”
However, he also sais that America and Israel were partially responsible for The rise in international terrorism. He also stated,
If we did not have the US military invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq, and the United States’ unwarranted support for Today, terrorists wouldn’t be able to excuse the Zionist regime for its inhumane treatment of Palestine. for the justification of their crimes.”
- In a response to President Trump’s request, 20 September 2017. Donald Trump‘s speech at the UN General Assembly; calling the nuclear deal with Iran an embarrassment to the United States, Rouhani called for An apology to Iran’s people for the “offensive” comments and “baseless” accusations, including Trump’s assertion that the “Iranian government masks a corrupt dictatorship behind the false guise of a democracy.”
- Rouhani, a diplomat in Tehran on 22 July 2018, warned America that war with Iran was imminent.
the mother of all wars.”
- After the killing of General Qasem Soleimani in a US drone strike in Baghdad on the orders of President Donald Trump on 3 January 2020, Rouhani told his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron in an hour-long telephone call that America’s interests in the region were “in danger.” He said,
It is important for the United States to recognize that its security and interests in the region are at risk and must face the reality of the consequences. this great crime.”