Looking for Harsimrat Kaur Badal Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Political Party||Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD)
|Political Journey||• Harsimrat began her political Journey in 2009 when she was elected to the 15th Lok Sabha from the Bhatinda constituency after defeating Indian National Congress candidate Raninder Singh by 120960 votes.
• Harsimrat has been re-elected as an MP from Bathinda in 2014 having defeated Manpreet Singh Badal, Indian National Congress-People’s Party of Punjab joint candidate.
• In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, she won the Bathinda seat by a margin of 21,772 votes.
• On 30 May 2019, she took the oath as the Cabinet Minister for Food Processing Industries.
• On 17 September 2020, she resigned as the Cabinet Minister for Food Processing Industrie, Prime Minister NarendraModi’s cabinet. NDTV
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters- 160 cm
Meters- 1.65 m
Feet Inches 5’ 5”
|Approx. Weight||in Kilograms- 60 kg
in Pounds- 130 lb
|Date of birth||25 July 1966|
|Age in 2020||54 Years|
|Place of Birth||New Delhi|
|Schools||Loreto Convent Cchool, New Delhi|
|Education Qualifications||• Matriculation from Loreto Convent School, New Delhi in 1980
• Diploma in Textile Designing From South Delhi Polytechnic, New Delhi in 1987
|Family||Father– Satyajit Singh Majithia
Mother– Sukhmanjus Majithia
BrotherBikram Singh Majithia
|Address||Village Badal Tehsil Malout Dist. Sri Mukatsar Sahib, Punjab|
|Boys, Affairs and Other|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Husband||Sukhbir Singh Badal
The daughters– Gurleen Kaur, Harkirat Kaur
|Car/Vehicle||Nil according to the 2019 Lok Sabha Eelections Affidavit|
|Assets/Properties||Bank deposits: Rs. Rs.
Bonds & Shares: Rs. 60.47 Crore
Jewellery: Value Rs. Value Rs.
Paintings: Worth Rs. Worth Rs.
Weapons: Value Rs. Worth Rs.
Agriculture Land Value Rs. Value Rs.
Non-Agricultural Land: Value Rs. 18.00 Crore
Commercial Buildings Value Rs. Value Rs.
Apartment Buildings Value Rs. Worth Rs.
|As a Member of Parliament, Salary||Rs. Rs.|
|Net worth (approx.||Rs. Rs. Rs.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harsimrat Kaur Badal
- Attar Singh Majithia was her ancestor, who was a prominent general in Maharaja Ranjit Singh’s army.
- Currently, Harsimrat Kaur Badal is the Union Cabinet Minister of Food Processing in the Government of India.
- Harsimrat married Sukhbir Singh Badal 21 November 1991. Sukhbir Singh Bhal is the vice chief minister of Punjab, and also the president of Shiromani Akali Dal.
- Harsimrat’s brother Bikram Singh Majithia is an Akali MLA from Majitha.
- Parkash Singh Badal is her Father-in Law and has been serving as Chief Minister for the longest time in India.
- She made her first speech on 3 December 2009 where she manifested her concern about the victims and survivors of the 1984 Sikh riots.
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal launched the highly successful campaign against female foeticide in 2008 called- “Nanhi Chaan” (‘innocent life’ in Punjabi).