Looking for Fazal Qureshi, Age and Wife. Children, Familie, Biography, & Other? Read through this article.
|Profession||Indian Classical Musician (Tabla Maestro)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters170 cm
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Musik||1993: Raga Darbari Kannada & Dhun in Rag Mishra Pilu
2013: Ley Lines
1979: Mynta is a Swedish World Band
|Life for the Personal|
|Date of birth||13 February 1961|
|Age as of 2021||60 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Dropout Bachelors in Law|
|College/University||Government Law College |
|Parents||Father: Ustad Allah Rakha (Legendary Tabla Maestro)
Mother: Bavi Begum
|Siblings||Brother: Ustad Zakir Hussain
Brother: Taufiq Qureshi
Fazal Qureshi’s Lesser-Known Facts
- Fazal Qureshi is an Indian tabla player and he is the son of legendary tabla maestro Ustad Allah Rakha.
- Ustad Zakir Hussain is his younger brother and he inspired him to play tabla. Zakir began tabla playing at age 8 while he started to learn it when he was 15.
- In 1987, a swedish band named Mynta toured India when they teamed up with Fazal Qureshi and Shankar Mahadevan to form their new sound which led them to create a genre which they call ‘Nordic ice with Indian Spice’. They have performed around the globe and released six albums.
- To be fully committed to tabla, he quit college his second year.
- Apart from being a classical trained musician, he has also ventured into jazz genre to explore the waters as he remembers his father in 60’s used to play with several jazz drummers and musicians.
- Fazal is now the director of Ustad Allah Rakha Institute. The classes take place in large rooms in the Gala Building, which is part of the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Swimming Pool Complex in Shivaji Park.