Looking for Duncan Laurence’s Age, Height and Girlfriend. Read through this article.
|Reliable name||Duncan de Moor Metro|
|The Famous for||The song “Arcade”, which he sang, was revealed for the first time in 2019.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 178cm
In meters– 1.78m
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Start||Extended Play May 2020: Worlds On Fire
Studio Album: Small Town Boy (November 2020).
• National in 2020
• International in 2020
• Marcel Bezençon Awards – Press Award for In 2019, the song Arcade was released.
• Edison Award for The Best Song for 2020: ‘Arcade’
|Date of birth||April 11, 1994, Monday|
|Age in 2021||27 years|
|Place of Birth||Spijkenisse is a South Holland Province, Netherlands|
|Hometown||Hellevoetsluis, Voorne-Putten, South Holland, Netherlands|
|College/University||Rock Academy, Tilburg|
|Higher Education||In 2017, he graduated from the University of Michigan with a Major in Music. Eurovision TV|
|Hobbies||Listen to music|
|Tattoo(s)||Two tattoos are on his right side.
|Relationships & More|
|Sexual orientation||Bisexual Zizo Magazine|
|Marital Status||Get involved|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Gerco Derksen (Separated in September 2019)
• Jordon Garfield (American songwriter)
|Fiancé||Jordon Garfield (October 2020).|
|Parents||FatherName is not yet known
MotherLaurentia was her middle name.
|Book||Harry Potter Series|
|Band(s)||U2, Queen, Snow Patrol, Coldplay, The Fray, Paramore, Fleetwood Mac, Die Antwoord|
|Album(s)||Rumours by Fleetwood Mac and Back To Black from Ami Winehouse|
|Singer(s)||Elvis Presley, Alex Vargas, Sam Smith, Adele, Troy Sivan, Allie X, Noah Cyrus, Jessie J, Tom Odell|
|Song||Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off|
|Film||Harry Potter Series|
A Few Less Well-Known Facts about Duncan Laurence
- Duncan Laurence is a Dutch singer and songwriter who gained worldwide fame with his song ‘Arcade.’ The song is part of his debut studio album ‘Small Town Boy’ (2020).
- Due to their premature son, Duncan was the name of Duncan. He is a Gaelic name that means Dark Warrior. ESC Today
- When asked during an interview how he chose the name ‘Duncan Laurence,’ he replied that Duncan was his first name and ‘Laurence’ was derived from his mother’s middle name, Laurentia. ESC Today He stated,
Duncan is my initial name. It was simple. Laurence, Laurentia’s second name, is Laurence. […] And I changed it to Laurence to honor her.”
- Duncan’s hometown did not know the meaning of music. Music was also not taught in regular schools. But he was keen to learn music since a young age. He started playing piano at the age of four and began creating his own music. He also visited an old theater and music school as a kid, and he learned to play the piano. Every day, he wrote poems and songs.
- When he was a child, Laurence faced bullying and couldn’t defend himself. Music was a world that brought him comfort and security. He spoke about this in an interview.
As a child, I was bullied quite a bit. Between the ages of 4 and 18, I faced a number of challenges in school. The school wasn’t a safe place for My home and specifically my bedroom were my own because of my music. I couldn’t be myself. I took all that negative energy home with me and put it in my room. I learned to play piano, and wrote songs. I was able to turn all my negativity into melody, chords and lyrics that would make beautiful songs. I could be myself, make mistakes and tell my own stories, in a safe world, created by music.”
- In an October 2018 Instagram post, he stated that he was bisexual. In a press conference shortly after his win in the Eurovision contest 2019, he declared that he is bisexual.
I am more than just an artist, I am a person, I am a living being, I’m bisexual, I’m a musician, I stand for things. And I’m proud that I get the chance to show what I am, who I am.”
- He began performing with various bands during his first year at Rock Academy.
- As a part of semester studies, in 2013, Duncan formed a five-member band, which was named ‘The Slick and Suited.’ The band gave its first public performance at the Eurosonic Noorderslag, an annual four-day music festival and music conference held in the Netherlands.
- The Slick and Suited later performed at Fashion Week events in Amsterdam RAI. for Berget in Breda with P3 and the Gigant. Dunan officially separated from the band in March 2016.
- In 2014, Duncan was a participant in the Dutch version of the singing reality show ‘The Voice.’ He took the Dutch singer-songwriter Ilse DeLange as his mentor in the show. He lost in the semifinals but managed to draw huge attention from the public.
- In 2017, he was featured in the Dutch artist Sjors van der Panne’s song ‘Laat Gaan.’
- Duncan then toured London and Stockholm to grab several songs and songwriting opportunities. In 2018, Laurence joined hands with Jihad Rahmouni to write the Kpop duo TVXQ’s Max Changmin’s solo song ‘Closer’ from TVXQ’s album ‘New Chapter #1: The Chance of Love.’
- Laurence, a member of the Netherlands’ Eurovision Song Contest 2019 team, was selected in an internal contest. Eurovision Song Contest, an annual contest of singing between European countries where every participant represents their country in the final song.
- Laurence was the Eurovision Contest’s winner with 498 points, 41 international juries combined and public votes. The contest’s fifth winner is Laurence, a Dutch entry. Laurence holds the Eurovision crown for the longest period of time. for It was the second consecutive year, and the contest was ended the next.
- Capitol Records signed a deal in 2019 with Duncan Laurence.
- His first extended play ‘Worlds on Fire’ (2020) had singles like Arcade, Love Don’t Hate It, and Someone Else. This album reached 64 positions on the Dutch Album Top 100 charts and was 12th on the Billboard Top Heatseekers Chart.
- His first studio album ‘Small Town Boy’ (2020) was placed 6 on the Dutch Album Top 100 chart, 94 on the Belgium chart, and 12 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart. With 40,000 copies sold and streaming, it was immediately certified platinum.
- The lead single from Small Town Boy was his song. It peaked at #1 on Dutch Single Top 100 and 45 on Canadian Singles. Talking about ‘Arcade’ in an interview, he said,
Arcade was inspired from the tragic story of a person I care deeply about, but who passed away young. I was able to instantly pick up the words, melodies and chords as though they were falling from the heavens. When Joel Sjöö and Wouter Hardy helped me finish the song it got a much larger scope. This story has become a universal story. Arcade is a song about longing… longing for love… longing for It seems impossible to achieve something. It speaks of hope. Hope, that you will find what you need in life.”
- Arcade became viral via the TikTok video-sharing platform. This helped Arcade achieve more chart success as well as increased streaming on different platforms. Arcade was the first Eurovision song to be streamed on Spotify in January 2021. Arcade was the first Eurovision song to chart on Billboard Hot 100 in over 45 years.
- Laurence made his US television debut in March 2021 on Today, where he performed ‘Arcade.’ Following his performance on Today, he was seen in The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where he performed the duet version of Arcade with Fletcher.
- Duncan loves music and creates songs when he has free time. He always brings his AirPods along with him to create music while on the road.
- Duncan shared with us in February 2020 that he was born without oxygen and that this led to motor disorder effect in his right arm. He spoke out about the experience in an Instagram story.
I was born, I didn’t get enough oxygen, which caused epileptic seizures during my first few days as a new born child. I’m glad and grateful it only resulted in just some damage on the left side of my brains, causing a -what doctors call- motor disorder. Easiest way to explain it: I can’t move my right hand properly.”