Looking for Dr Muffazal Lakdawala (Dr Muffi) Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Nickname(s)||Dr Muffi Facebook|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters175 cm
Meters– 1.75 M
in feet & inches– 5’ 9”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Major Designations||• Chairman, Position Statement Committee, International Federation of the Society of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
• Board Member, AETF – Asia Endosurgery Task Force (AETF)
• Member, Asia Pacific Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Society (APMBSS)
• Director, Asian Consensus Meeting on Metabolic Surgery (ACMOMS)
• Head, Dept. Saifee Hospital Mumbai.
• Head, Expert Advisory Board for the Men’s Health Magazine
|Honors, Awards and Achievements||• Silver Medal at Shirin Mehtaji Oration for ‘Obstructive Jaundice’ in 1996
• ‘Humanitarian of the year’ by the All India Human Rights Association in 2007
|Date of birth||22.11.68 (Friday).|
|Age in 2019.||51 years|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai|
|School||Christ Church School Byculla in Mumbai|
|College/University||• Grant Medical College, Mumbai
• St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
• Topiwala National Medical College
• Sir Jamshedjee Jeejeebhoy Group of Hospitals in Mumbai
• B.Y.L. Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai
|Education Qualifications||• MBBS
• Masters in Surgery Facebook
|Caste||Dawoodi Bohra Wikipedia|
|Address of the Hospital||C/o Digestive Health Institute, L301, 3rd Floor, Trade View, Oasis City, Gate No 4, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli, Mumbai – 400018, Near Starbucks Kamla Mills|
|Hobbies||Enjoying cricket and taking photos|
|There is a controversy||In 2017, the case of the world’s heaviest Egyptian women, Emam Ahmed (500Kg), was given to Dr Muffazal at Saifee Hospital in Mumbai for bariatric surgery. Emam’s mother and sister later claimed that Dr Muffazal lakdawala didn’t properly treat Emam. Emam’s sister, Saimma said in an interview,
Emam still hasn’t recovered. She is in critical condition since the past one-and-a-half month and is on massive medications to stop brain activity.”
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Aditi Gowitrikar
• Priyanka Kaul
|Wedding Date||Your First Marriage Anniversaries in 1999 (divorced in 2009).
Zweite Ehe: Jahr 2011
|Wife/Spouse||First wife: Aditi Gowitrikar, Actor
A Second Wife Priyanka Kaul Lakdawala (Works at Digestive Health Institute, Mumbai)
• Zhiaan (Born in 2007; from Aditi Gowitrikar)
• Kiaan (From Priyanka Kaul Lakdawala)
• Aari Muffazal (Born in 2020 and is one of the twins; from Priyanka Kaul Lakdawala)
The daughters– 2
• Kiara (Born in 2007; from Aditi Gowitrikar)
• Miaa Muffazal (Born in 2020 and is one of the twins; from Priyanka Kaul Lakdawala)
|The Right Attire||Blazer, blue Jeans, white T-shirt, or shirt, and brown shoes|
|Fashion Icons||Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Sachin Tendulkar|
|Accessory||Keep an eye out|
Here are some lesser-known facts about Dr Muffazal Laskdawala
- Dr Muffazal Lakdawala is an Indian surgeon and founder of “Digestive Health Institute” in Mumbai.
- Born in Mumbai, he was raised in middle class families. He spoke about his childhood in an interview.
To put it mildly, the journey of a Muslim young man from Bhendi Bazaar and becoming the vice-president of India’s surgeon was exciting. My family did not have a physician to guide me. I have had many personal challenges along the way, but they did not hinder my determination to make a difference in the world of surgery. It was hard work, sleepless nights and a lot of dedication with one goal: To save lives. I learned that the maximum satisfaction one achieves is not by making the big bucks, but by giving back to the less privileged.”
- His M.B.B.S. was his first year. He received a medal in Anatomy.
- He was a cricketer in Mumbai’s Under-19 Cricket team.
- The Bollywood actress, Aditi Gowitrikar was was his junior in a medical college. Together they became good friends and fell in love. for Each other. After dating for After seven years of marriage, they decided to get married. Because they came from different faiths, their parents were against the couple’s marriage. But the couple got married against their parents’ will in 1998 and followed both Hindu and Islamic wedding rituals. Aditi even changed her name to Sarah Lakdawala and converted her religion.
- Although the couple had two children, their marital life was not the same. The couple split in 2008 and their differing lifestyles were reportedly the primary reason. Zee News
- He worked as a lecturer at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital in Mumbai.
- He completed Advanced Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery training with Prof. Seon Han Kim in Seoul in South Korea.
- In 2005, Piet Pattyn (University of Ghent Hospital in Belgium) taught him at the Unit of Gastro Surgery.
- Raul Rosenthal, Cleveland Clinic, United States of America in 2006 gave him training in Bariatric Surgery.
- Dr Muffazal, a surgeon in India has done the most single-incision sleeves gastrectomy surgery in the entire world.
- His laparoscopic gastric bypass was the first in India.
- His record includes the operation of a 30-year-old lady with a liveworm in her bile tube. He also has minimal body pains.
- Jayesh, a 17 year old boy who was his youngest patient, underwent sleeve gastricectomy.
- Bariatric surgery was performed on a Chinese man weighing in at 285kg (627 pounds), who was also the largest Asian male.
- He founded ‘Digestive Health Institute’ in Mumbai in 2004. Digestive Health Institute, the first Indian Center is located in Mumbai. for Bariatric Surgery is a specialty that excels.
- In 2004, he became the Chairman of ‘Institute of Minimal Access Services at Saifee Hospital.’
- Many Indian politicians have been his clients on whom he has performed bariatric surgery including Nitin Gadkari, Nawab Malik, Nitin Raut, Vinod Tawde, and Venkaiah Naidu.
- He is a surgeon who has performed live surgery in most of the Asian countries.
- To keep his health and fitness, he regularly goes to the gym.
- His book ‘The Eat Right Prescription: From India’s Leading Weight-Loss Surgeon’ was published in 2016.
- He answered, “My prized possession is my treasured possession.”
These are my watches. Each watch tells a different story. One of my most precious pieces is an Audemars Piguet timepiece that my wife purchased me for Kiaan’s first birthday. It has his name, time and date of birth.”
- Dr Muffazal Lakdawala, Dr Gautam Bhansali and their team members were honoured at the ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ for During the coronavirus pandemic, their contributions to society were significant.