Looking for Captain Deepak Vasant Sthe (Pilot). Age, death, spouse, children, family, biography & more? Read through this article.
|Profession||Air India Commander|
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters– 178 cm
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (semi-bald)|
|Date of birth||Year 1961|
|Place of Birth||Dehradun, Uttarakhand|
|Date of death||Friday, 7 August 2020|
|Ort of death||Kozhikode Airport in Kerala|
|Age at the death||59 Years|
|Death Cause||Plane Crash The Better India|
|Hometown||Dehradun, Uttarakhand Facebook|
|School||Cambrian Hall at Dehradun in Uttarakhand|
|College/University||Air Force Academy, Dundigal, Hyderabad
National Defence Academy in Pune The Better India
|Hobbies||Badminton and Squash are two of the many activities available. Horse Riding is another option.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status at the time of death||Get married|
|Wife/Spouse||Sushama Namjoshi Sathe
• Dhananjay (Staff Engineer and Executive Director at Rapyuta Robotics in Bangalore)
• Shantanu (lives in the USA)
|Parents||Father Vasant Sathe (Retired, Indian Army Education Corps).
|Brother||Vikas Sthe (Lieutenant, Indian Army)|
A Few Lesser-Known Facts about Captain Deepak Vasant Sathe
- Air India Flight Commander was Captain Deepak Vasant Sthe.
- His wife, two sons, and he were living in Powai (Mumbai, Maharashtra)
- In 1981, he started working with the Indian Air Force in Aircraft and Systems Testing Establishment STE. In 2003, he retired as an ace pilot.
- In 1981, his older brother, Second Lieutenant Vikas Sthe, had been killed in an accident while returning from a military exercise.
- He received a ‘Sword of Honour’ from the Air Force Academy at Dundigal near Hyderabad; which is awarded to the cadet on the basis of merit.
- On 7 August 2020, he was appointed as a pilot in the flight IX 1344 along with the co-pilot, First Officer Akhilesh Kumar. The flight under ‘Vande Bharat’ mission was returning from Dubai carrying the passengers who were stuck abroad due to COVID-19 pandemic. The plane crashed into two pieces while landing at the Kozhikode International Airport, Kerala. The plane fell to the ground and collided with a wall. It was a Boeing 737-8 13-year-old plane.
- The Centre’s additional director general was Manmohan Bahadur, former Air Vice Marshal Manmohan Bhadur, upon his passing. for Air Power Studies, said
It is very sad. Sathe was a comrade in arms at the Aircraft and Systems Testing Establishment STE (IAF’s flight testing establishment) with me. RIP Tester. The call signs of all test pilots have the ‘Tester’ prefix.”
- According to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation, (DGCA),
Air India Express AXB1344, B737 Dubai to Calicut, person on board 191, visibility 2000 meter, heavy rain, after landing Runway 10, continue running to the end of the runway and fell down in the valley and broke down into two pieces.”
- According to reports, he is the first Maharashtrian who received all eight Air Force prizes.
- Before his demise, he told his relatives that he would visit her mother’s place in Bharat Nagar in Nagpur on her birthday. His nephew, Dr Yashodhan Sathe shared in an interview,
Today is the birthday of Capt Sathe’smother. He last saw his parents March 23rd and has been in contact via telephone with them ever since. They had last spoken a day before yesterday.”
- As he spoke with the reporter, his mother stated that he had been told by her son.
His advice was to not go outside due to the pandemic. His words would be, “If something happened to me,” Then suddenly, this tragedy struck…what can we do before the will of the God. His assistance was invaluable and he would do any thing for you. for others. He carried his children on his shoulders to save them from the Gujarat floods. He was a very bright officer.”