Looking for Bismah maroof age, height, husband, family, biography & more? Read through this article.
These are some lesser-known facts about Bismah maroof
- Bismah Maroof is a Pakistani cricket player and the captain of the “Pakistan Women’s National Cricket Team.”
- Bismah, who was 15 years old, joined the Pakistani team. She was handpicked by the former Pakistani cricketer, Imtiaz Ahmed who was the selector of the Pakistan women’s team then.
- While growing up, she did not wish to play cricket. Because her parents were passionate about cricket, they convinced her to try it out and make it a career.
- Bismah, who was eighteen years old at the time, wanted to be a doctor. It was then that she became a nurse. this Time that she was selected for the “Pakistan Women’s National Cricket Team.”
- When she was selected, she didn’t want to abandon her studies. But her parents insisted that cricket was her destiny and should be a top priority.
- In 2010, she was a part of the Pakistan team that won the Gold medal against Bangladesh in the “2010 Asian Games” held in China.
- In 2016, after the “ICC Women’s T20 World Cup,” she was named as the captain of the Pakistan Women’s National Cricket Team, replacing Sana Mir.
- She advocates often for cricket academies for Pakistani girls She once stated-
It is very poor at the grassroots level of Pakistan. We want PCB to take some decisions to promote women’s cricket. We want a separate women’s academy so that girls can come and train there as we don’t have a lot of grounds”
- As it aids her in dealing with stress, she likes to read religious books.
- She led Pakistan in a win against Sri Lanka in March 2018. Pakistan’s victory was a clean sweep, and it was only the second time that Pakistan won a series 3-0.
- Due to blurry vision and a severe sinus issue, she was required to have surgery the 28th of July. After the procedure, doctors advised her to stop playing cricket as it could cause vision problems. She was still able to play after her surgery.
Alhamdulillah! My surgery went smoothly. We are grateful. for All the best wishes and prayers. ❤#blessed
— Bismah Maroof (@maroof_bismah) August 2, 2018
- Bismah takes inspiration from Indian cricket captain. Virat Kohli. She once stated-
Actually, Virat is my favorite. for The way he handles team responsibility and builds his pitches at number 3. It is my goal to also take on that responsibility. My main focus is to emulate that”
- Her friendship with the singer is strong. Momina Mustehsan.
- On 28 November 2018, she got married to her cousin Abrar Ahmed.
- Bismah, the captain of the Pakistani team was named on 20/01/2020 for the “2020 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup” in Australia.