Looking for Anuradha Paaudwal’s Age, Biography and Husband. Children. Family. & Other. Read through this article.
|Reliable Name||Alka Nadakarni|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 165 cm
Meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of birth||27th October 1952|
|Age as of 2019||67 years|
|Place of Birth||Karwar, Bombay State (now Karnataka), India|
|College||St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai, India|
|Make your debut||Bollywood: A Sanskrit “Shloka” in Abhiman’s 1973 movie
Marathi Film: Song Yashoda (music by Datta Davjekar).
Private Album “Bhav Geeten” (Marathi Album)
|Address||Duplex in Khar, an exclusive suburb of Mumbai west.|
|Awards/Honours||1986: Filmfare Award Winner for Best Playback Singer (Female) for Song titled “Mere Man Bajo Mridang”. Film by Utsav.
1991: Filmfare Awards: Two wins for Best Playback Singer (Female) for Songs ‘Nazarke Saamne (film, Aashiqui), and ‘Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin (film, Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin).
1993: Filmfare Award Winner for Best Playback Singer (Female) for The song, “Dhak Dhak Karna Laga” (film, Beta).
2004: Madhya Pradesh Government awarded the “Mahakaal Award”
2010: The “Lata Mangeshkar Award” was presented to the recipient.
2011: Honored with the Mother Teresa Award
2013: Maharashtra Government awards the Mohammed Rafi award
2016: Honored with the D litt Award.
2017: The Govt. India.
2018: Maharashtra Gaurav Puraskar, Maharashtra Government
2018: UNO Cultural Ambassador of Devotional music
|Controversies||• Once, Alka Yagnik Anuradha Paaudwal was accused of taking her songs and reciting them under her own name.
• She attracted controversies when she challenged the legendary Playback Singer Lata Mangeshkar She claimed that she had recorded more songs than any other person in one day. Her accusation included the Mangeshkar Sisters for their monopoly on the film industry.
• In January 2020, a 45-year-old woman from Kerala claimed that she was the daughter of Anuradha Paudwal. Karmala Modex (the woman) claimed that she was born 1974. The singer took her in to Ponnachan and Agnes while she was still a child. Karmala revealed to media people that she had submitted a petition to the district family court in an attempt to establish her claim to being Paudwal’s daughter. Mumbai Mirror
|Favourite Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar|
|Boyhood, affairs and more|
|Husband/Spouse||Music Composer Late Arun Paaudwal
|The Marriage Date||Year 1969|
|Children||SonAditya Paaudwal, 35 years old, died on September 12, 2020.
For the daughters– Kavita Paudwal & 1 more who died at the age of one month
Anuradha Puaudwal: Some less-known facts
- Her parents were Konkani and she was born in Karwar, Uttara Kannada (Karnataka). But she was born in Mumbai.
- Anuradha claims that the Lataji song she heard on the radio sparked her passion for music.
- When she was in 4th standard, she dreamt of hearing Lataji’s voice live.
- She shared her hoarse voice in an interview.
- She suffered a serious attack of pneumonia during her childhood. She almost lost her voice and was eventually bedridden. for 40 days. In those 40 days, she listened to just one voice; Lataji’s.
- Anuradha received a recording from Bhagwad Geeta, which was in Lataji’s vocal style, when she was hospitalized. Her voice changed drastically after that. She began to mold her voice.
- Anuradha Paaudwal regards Lata Manngeshkar as a God. She credits her for all her achievements. She says, “I learnt under several gurus. She has been an inspiration to me. It’s like an institution.”
- Anuradha was active in school and college events and won many awards. She won the first award she received. for one of Lataji’s Meera bhajans.
- At one such school function, due to her hoarse voice, she was disqualified with the judges’ remark, “Voice unfit for Sugam Sangeet.”
- Arun, a music composer and her teenage love interest, was the reason she met Arun. Initially, her father didn’t approve of their marriage because of Arun’s connection with the film industry. Her father believed that girls from respectable families didn’t become a part of show business.
- Arun was only 17 years old when she met Arun and she was 17.
- Arun encouraged Arun to sing. Arun was actually her closest mentor and critic.
- Once, Arun brought her to one of Lataji’s (Lata Mangeshkar) recordings. Anuradha was listening so carefully that she could sing the song live on ‘Yuva Vani,’ a very popular Marathi programme; heard by a lot of people. Laxmikant-Pyarelal, Hridaynath Mangeshkar, and several top composers called the radio station to find out who’d been singing. After a lot of time, they finally realized that the singer was Alka Nadakarni (maiden names of Anuradha Puaudwal). All of them offered to launch Anuradha Paaudwal but she wasn’t temperamentally inclined.
- SD Burman, an iconic musician who first offered the song to her (actually a Shiva Shloka), in Abhiman (1973 Hindi film). Amitabh Bachchan Jaya Bhaduri).
- When Abhiman was released, about 25 to 30 of her family members, friends neighbours went to to the Plaza Theatre just to see Anuradha’s name in the credits.
- Anuradha Paudwal won her first major film award for the song “Mera Man Baje Mridang….” from the film Utsav (1984). She was surprised with the award as she had been hoping to win for Hero’s ‘Tu Mera Janoo Hai….’
- When she sang the song, ‘Tu Mera Janoo Hai….’ in Subhash Ghai’s film Hero (starring Jackie Shroff and Meenakshi Seshadri), it became a chartbuster. Initially, it was Lataji’s song, however, due to some reasons, the song went to Anuradha Paudwal.
- Most of the Subhash Ghai‘s films, Anuradha Paudwal was the signatory singer. She also sang a Gayatri Mantra which even today is a part of Mukta Arts emblem.
- In the mid-1980s, Anuradha Paudwal recorded 23 songs with Nadeem-Shravan. Later, the songs were used in three films directed by Mahesh Bhatt– Aashiqui, Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin and Sadak.
- She became the voice for the 90s. Madhuri DixitHe was on the brink of being a star. Remember “Bahut Pyaar Karte Hain Tumko Sanam”, the song just refused to go out of the music charts.
- With her songs in the films- Aashiqui, Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin, and Sadak, she rose to the pinnacle of her singing career. She was also going to be a singer. through a personal low as in the year 1983, she lost a daughter who was just one month old. Arun was her husband. Her withdrawal from film was evident in the late 1990s when she announced that she would only be singing. for T-Series took up singing devotionals. This was a great stand. Alka Yagnik Who just soared to the top. Her deep spiritual interest led to the decision of devotional over material.
- With the T-Series mogul, she had a strong bond. Gulshan Kumar. Her attitude towards success was changed after her husband was killed in an August 1997 shooting. She says, “Today, when I have a hit, it feels nice, but that’s it.”
- After her husband, Arun’s death, her son, Aditya, became one of the youngest music composers in the film industry. Kavita, her daughter, is also an actor and playback singer.
- Anuradha has a Foundation named ‘Suryauday’ in the memory of her late husband, Arun.
- In an interview she said that she didn’t receive any classical music training. She said, “I just practised for many hours listening to Lataji.”
- Anuradha Paaudwal, along with Gulshan, was instrumental in bringing several undiscovered playback singers to prominence, including Udit Narayan, Kumar Sanu, Sonu Nigam, Abhijeet, etc.
- She has sung in Kannada, Marwari, Marathi, Sanskrit, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Punjabi, Assamese, among other languages. Many of her songs went on to be chartbusters.
- Everyone predicted that Lata Mangeshkar would be replaced when she first entered the film business. O P Nayyar, a veteran composer commented on the matter.
Lata is finished, Anuradha has replaced her.” Being a content person, she neither expected nor aspired for The moon. She says, “I was highly satisfied with what I received from the audience and industry. I felt that it is always better to retire when on the pinnacle Nahi To Log Darwaza Dikha Dete Hain (otherwise you are shown the door).”
- In an interview, she revealed that she has a desire to record poetries and the works of Shankaracharya.
- Here’s a glimpse of Anuradha Paudwal’s life and her singing journey: