Looking for Annu Kapoor Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Your birth name||Anil Kapoor Patrika|
|Profession(s)||Actor, TV Anchor, Film Director and Film Producer|
|The Famous for||Host of the music reality TV show, “Antakshari”, (1993-2006).
|Physical Stats & More|
|The height (approx.||in centimeters– 163 cm
In meters– 1.63 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Start||Film: Mandi (1983) as ‘A Doctor’
TV: Khari Khari (1980’s)
|Award, Honours and Achievements||• V. Shantaram Award for ‘Best Director’ for the film “Abhay (The Fearless)”
• National Film Award for ‘Best Children’s Film’ for the film “Abhay (The Fearless)” (1995)
• National Film Award for ‘Best Supporting Actor’ for the film “Vicky Donor” (2013)
• Filmfare Award for ‘Best Supporting Actor’ for the film “Vicky Donor” (2013)
• Screen Award for ‘Best Comedian’ for the film “Vicky Donor”
• Star Guild Award for ‘Best Supporting Actor’ for the film “Vicky Donor”
• Star Guild Award for ‘Best Actor in a Comic Role’ for the film “Vicky Donor”
• Times of India Film Award for ‘Best Supporting Actor’ for the film “Vicky Donor”
• IIFA Award for ‘Best Supporting Actor’ for the film “Vicky Donor” (2013)
|Date of birth||20.02.56 Monday|
|Age in 2020||64 years|
|Place of Birth||Itwara, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Itwara, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|College/University||National School of Drama (NSD), Delhi Times of India|
|Caste/Ethnicity||Annu comes from a Punjabi family and his mother is from a Bengali Brahmin. Times of India|
|Food habits||Non-Vegetarian Times of India|
|Controversies||• Once Annu Kapoor attracted controversy for Annu commented on the name changes of stations and cities. Annu called it useless, but said that every victors had left an impression of their rule. Annu continued, saying, “Moreover, all victors left behind an imprint of their rule.”The country’s original name is Bharat. Indian and Hindustan were named by the invaders.” India Today
• After getting married to Arunita, Annu was still in contact with his first wife, Anupama. Arunita his second wife claimed Annu had abused her. She forced Annu to flee to their house with Aradhita. India Times
• In 2011, Annu attracted controversy again by making silly remarks about her “7 Khoon Maaf” co-star Priyanka Chopra. Annu Kapoor during an interview. “I’m not good-looking, I’m not a hero. Agar main hero hota, then maybe she would have done intimate scenes with me.” Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Anupama (American)
• Arunita Mukherjee (TV Host)
|Wife/Spouse||• First-Wife: Anupama, m. 1992-1993; Remarried in 2008.
• Second-Wife: Arunita Mukherjee (Divorced)
|Children||Son(s)Maahir Kapoor, (From Anupama, his first wife), Kavam Kapoor, (From Anupama, his first spouse), Evaan Kapoor, (From Anupama, his first married),
DollyAradhita Kapoor (From Arunita Mukherjee, his second wife)
|Parents||FatherMadanlal Kaoor, Owner of the Parsi Theatre Company (Traveling Parsi Theatre Company).
Mother– Kamal Shabnam Kapoor (Urdu Teacher, Classical Singer)
|Siblings||Brother(s)– Ranjit Kapoor (Screenwriter & Film Director), Nikhil Kapoor (Lyricist & Writer)
Sister– Seema Kapoor (Actress)
|Cuisine(s)||Continental, Italian, Indian|
|Food||Lucknowi Biryani. Kakori Kabab. Sheermal|
|Dessert(s)||Jalebi, Gulab Jamun|
|Restaurant(s)||Indigo, Pizza Express Mumbai and Gulati Delhi|
|Destination to Travel||Switzerland|
Annu Kapoor’s Lesser-Known Facts
- Annu Kapoor is a smoker?: No. Annu Kapoor used to smoke, but gave up in 2007 due to health issues. India Forums
- Does Annu Kapoor drink alcohol?:
- Annu Kapoor, an Indian actress, TV presenter, filmmaker, and film producer, is well-known for hosting the popular music reality show, “Antakshari” (1993-2006).
- His father originally came from Peshawar, Pakistan and motivated his wife (Annu’s mother) to learn Urdu, Persian, and Arabic, and after some time, she became a teacher of Urdu.
- Annu longed to be a surgeon and an IAS officer from childhood. But his family was unable to afford his tuition after class 10.
- Annu, who graduated from class 10, quit school to work odd jobs, such as selling tea and dummy currency notes.
- His father convinced him after a time to join the Parsi theatre group. In his father’s theatre company, Annu worked in many professional plays, like “Laila Majnu,” “Harischandra,” “Shirin-Farhad,” “Bhakta Prahlad,” “Dahi Wali,” and “Qatl-e-Tamizan.” He even went on to direct a few of them.
- Thereafter, he joined the National School of Drama (NSD) on the insistence of his elder brother, Ranjit Kapoor. Ranjit also attended NSD during that period.
- During his NSD days, Annu took part in plays like “Antim Yatra,” “Three Sisters,” “The Great God Brown,” and “The Zoo Story.”
- In 1981, Annu acted in the play “Ek Ruka Hua Faisla” in Mumbai in which he played the role of a 70-year-old man. Shyam Benegal – a well-known movie director – signed Annu after being impressed by his performances. for his film, “Mandi.”
- He moved from India to Mumbai in 1982 with Rs. He took 419.25
- He then went on to feature in films like “Betaab,” “Mashaal,” “Utsav,” “Arjun,” “Chameli Ki Shaadi,” “Susman,” and “Tezaab.”
- Subsequently, he appeared in TV shows like “Darpan,” “Phatichar,” “Param Vir Chakra,” “Wheel Smart Shrimati,” “Ek Se Badkar Ek,” and “Golden Era With Annu Kapoor.”
- Annu became a household name after hosting the popular reality TV show “Antakshari” (1993-2006).
- He has also featured in many other Hindi films like “Mr. India,” “The Perfect Murder,” “Ram Lakhan,” “Dil Ki Baazi,” “Waqt Hamara Hai,” “Darr,” “Om Jai Jagadish,” and “7 Khoon Maaf.”
- In 2012, he played the role of ‘Dr. Baldev Chaddha,’ a fertility expert in the Bollywood film “Vicky Donor.” He received around seven awards for this film.
- In addition to acting, he has also directed the film “Abhay (The Fearless)” (1994). Annu received the V. Shantaram Award for “Best Director” for It was a great film. Even won the National Film Award. for “Best Children’s Film.”
- He used to run a show- “Suhaana Safar with Annu Kapoor” on BIG 92.7 F.M. During the show, he talked about vintage Bollywood movies and its music.
- On 13 December 2008, he got angry on the set of “Ek Se Badhkar Ek – Chota Packet Bada Dhamaka,” and fought with Kunal Kohli because Kunal was against his decision regarding extra marks given to Tanmay (a contestant on the show).
- Seema Kapoor was his sister and once wed Om Puri. But their union lasted just one year. for It could take a couple of months.
- Annu even organized a music contest for children “Aao Jhoomein Gaayen” which aired on SAB TV.
- Kapoor revealed in an interview that no election had ever been the one for which he cast his vote. The reason was not clear when Kapoor was asked. for It was, he stated.
Because I don’t want to elect between don**yes and mu**sI only want to elect the best. This country elects corrupt people.”
- Kapoor is very close to the film director Satish Kaushik and the actor Rumi Jaffery.
- While talking about his struggling days, Kapoor revealed that his mother’s salary as an Urdu teacher was only Rs. 40 per month Times of India
- Annu’s grandfather, Dr Kripa Ram Kapoor, was a doctor in the British Army.
- Kapoor’s great-grandfather, Lala Ganga Ram Kapoor, was a revolutionary and was executed by the British government. His maternal grandfather served as the ‘Pradhan’ of the state of Tikamgarh.‘
- While talking about his father’s theatre group, Annu said that his father had founded his theatre company in 1947 by investing Rs. 25,000. He told the interviewer that people had started calling them ‘Nautankiwalas.’ His grandmother was very upset with his son’s work, and she chucked him out of the house.
- Annu loves to dance for reading religious texts like the Vedas, the Upanishads, and the Quran. These texts have been read by him. for You can do it up to 14 times.
- Annu revealed during an interview that he believed in ‘euthanasia’ (the practice of intentionally ending a life to relieve pain and suffering). Times of India
- Kapoor was actually born Anil Kapoor. He changed the name from Anil to Annu to avoid confusion with Anil Kapoor (Bollywood actor). This happened in 1984 during the shooting of the film, “Mashaal.” At that time, Anil Kapoor was an emerging actor, and both of them (Annu and Anil) were cast for the film “Mashaal.” Annu was to receive Rs. 4000 for Anil Kapoor played the role of Anil Kapoor in the movie at Rs. 10,000. Their cheques were exchanged due to their identical names. Kapoor discovered that Annu was also an actor of the same name.