Looking for Ann Winblad Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Full Name||Ann L Winblad Bloomberg|
|Profession||Venture Capitalist, Tech Coach|
|The Famous for||Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, co-founder|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Wired Height||in centimeters– 159 cm
Meters– 1.59 M
in feet & inches– 5’ 2.75”
|Awards & Achievements||• 1998: Fortune ranks 24th among the 50 Most Influential Women in American Business
• 1998: Time’s Cyber Elite 50 ranked 22nd
• 1999: Ranked 64th on Upside Elite 100
• 2000: Inducted into Fortune Small Business Hall of Fame
• 2013: Innovation Catalyst Award
• 2017: At the 4th Annual Global Women in STEM Conference, WiSTEM (WiSTEM), Exemplary Women were honored
• SVForum Visionary Award
|Date of birth||November 1, 1950 (Wednesday)|
|Age in 2023||70 Years|
|The birthplace||Red Wing, Minnesota, US|
|Hometown||Red Wing, Minnesota, US|
|College/University||• St. Catherine University, Saint Paul, Minnesota, US
• St. Thomas, Saint Paul, Minnesota, US
|Higher Education||• BA in Mathematics and Business Administration from St. Catherine University, Saint Paul, Minnesota, US (1973) Ann Winblad – LinkedIn
• MA Education in Economics from the University of St. Thomas, Saint Paul, Minnesota, US (1973-1975) Ann Winblad – LinkedIn
• Honorary Doctorate of Law from the University of St. Thomas, Saint Paul, Minnesota, US Meetup
|Ethnicity||She is of Swedish descent, with her great-great-grandparents being Swedish immigrants in the US. Star Tribune|
|Hobbies||Traveling, Biking & Fly Fishing|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• She had a boyfriend in high school.
• Bill Gates (1984-87)
|The Marriage Date||December 16, 2015.|
|Parents||FatherWilbur Winblad (Basketball/Baseball coach and Football player at Rushford High School; later, he was a history teacher, guidance counselor, basketball coach, and athletic director at Farmington High School).
Mother– Elizabeth Stark (Nurse)
|Siblings||Brother (younger)Dave Winblad
Sister(s) (younger)– Mary Regenscheid, Susan Shields, Patty Jorgenson & Kathy Winblad-Polk
|Get a glass of water||Kool-Aid|
|Film||This Is Spinal Tap (1984).|
|Television Shows||Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997).|
|Properties||• A beach house in North Carolina’s outer banks Wired
• a house in Florence, Italy Wired
Ann Winblad: Some less-known facts
- Ann Winblad (American tech coach, venture capitalist and co-founder of Hummer Winblad Venture Partners) is a well-known American tech coach. Famous for her work as a tech coach and venture capitalist. for Bill Gates was Bill’s ex-girlfriend.
- Ann Winblad was born in Minnesota’s cities Rushford, and Farmington.
- Her first job was strawberry picking at seven. Only her employer permitted her to work in this field. for It took her a while, as she was still very young. Ten cents was hers for Plant. Fresh Dialogues
- High school cheerleader, she was also valedictorian. Because her boyfriend had taught her the long jump, she participated in regional track events.
- Her sophomore year was spent learning Fortran programming language.
- She held three different jobs while she was pursuing her degree. As a drink waitress at a restaurant (where bartenders called it Sunshine), as well as being a bookkeeper in a hardware shop and customer service representative, she worked three jobs while pursuing her graduation. for Northwestern Bell. She worked until her graduation in 1973.
- Her career began in 1973 as a system analyst. for Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Two years later, she quit her bank job and started her own company, Open Systems, Inc., with three of her colleagues at the bank. UCCEL Corp, based in Dallas, purchased the company. for In 1984, $15,000,000 St. Thomas
- Her move to California was made in 1984. In 1984, she moved to California. During this time, her first job was as a technology consultant. for IBM and Microsoft
- Ann was the director for Many software companies such as Central Point Software (1990-1993), Oracle Hyperion (1990-2001), Net Perceptions (1990-2001), Intrinsa (1990-2003), Liquid Audio (1990-2003), Liquid Audio (1990-2003), Liquid Audio (1990-2003), Liquid Audio (1992-2003), Xo Group (1999-2005), Star Analytics (192007-2013), Karmasphere Inc. (2010), Voltage Security Inc.(2002)-15, MuleSoft (2006), Sonatype (2010-19) and OptiMine Software, Inc.
- Others for which Ann has been the director are – PR and communication-based company Marketwired (2000-2006), non-profit organization Silicon Valley Forum (1998-2004), and advertising analytics company Ace Metrix (2008-2020).
- John Hummer was a former NBA basketball player. She later founded her own business.
- John Hummer was her first love and they began to collect funds. for It took two years. They received investments from IBM and other St. Paul companies and launched a venture capital firm called ‘Hummer Winblad Venture Partners’ (HWVP) in San Francisco in 1989. The company launched or supported at least sixteen startup companies in its early years.
- In 1990, she co-wrote a book titled ‘Object-Oriented Software’ with Samuel D. Edwards and David R. King.
- Since January 2000, she has been a trustee of both the University of St. Thomas and Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation.
- Her public speaking skills include tech-related coaching at conferences and meetings. She also speaks at TED conferences.
- She met Bill in 1984 at the Ben Rosen-Esther Dyson conference and they soon began to date. Ann was not ready to be separated in 1987. for marriage and Bill wasn’t. They remained close friends after their split.
- She went on many vacations while she was with Bill. They studied together bioengineering when they went to Brazil. When they traveled to Santa Barbara ranch in California, they took tapes of Richard Feynman’s lectures and studied physics. While on holiday in Zanzibar, they learned more about the evolution of humans and were guided by Donald Johanson (anthropologist). Every year they visited beaches. for They played games and bonfires with each other; sing-down was a competition in which couples sang a song that highlighted a specific word.
- Bill and Melinda Gates were married in 2005. Bill made an agreement with Melinda to keep alive their tradition of Ann vacationing together from their early years. According to the tradition, Bill and Ann spent every spring’s long weekend at her beach cottage on the Outer Banks of North Carolina with each other. They shared stories about their lives and the ocean, rode hand-glides, and walked along the shore. They are not certain if the tradition will be continued.
- Ann, in an interview, talking about Bill’s impression on her as a fellow businessperson, said,
Bill and I were there for a walk on a beach and Bill tells me, ‘I can see my way, if I really squint, to $500 million in revenue.’ In 1984 there was not yet a software company that had achieved $100 million in revenue. Bill had a tremendous influence on my life and I thought, “Wow, it’s possible to build a software company this big?” You seriously believe me! It was a fun task to make him pick a stick, or a stone and draw numbers in the sand. for me. He then asked how he was going to do it. He then said, ‘What troubles me is I can’t see how I am going to get past $500 million.’ I thought, ‘You’re troubled about that?’ I was jazzed that someone could think their way through To $500 million. There was a lot of inspiration from each other back then because there was so little collective wisdom.”
- Alex Kline, her husband is younger brother to American actor Kevin Kline. Alex is the father of two children from a previous marriage.
- She loved dogs, and she had one who died.
- Ann can speak three languages fluently: English, Spanish and Italian.