Looking for Anil Kapoor Age, Height, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Nickname(s)||Lakkhan, Mr. India|
|Profession(s)||Actor and Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 178 cm
Meters– 1.78 m
in feet inches– 5’ 10”
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of birth||24 Dec 1956|
|Age in 2019.||63 years|
|Place of Birth||Bombay, Bombay State, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Schools||Our Lady of Perpetual Succour High school, Mumbai|
|College||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Education Qualification||12. Standard|
|Start||Hindi Film Hamare Tumhare (1979) (cameo role)
Hindi Film Woh Saat Din (lead role)
Telugu Film: Vamsa Vruksham (1980)
Film (Kannada): Pallavi Anu Pallavi (1983)
Film (Malayalam). Chandralekha (1997)
Film (British). Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
Film (Hollywood) Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011)
Film (Production). Badhaai Ho Badhaai (2002)
TV: 24 (2010, American TV Series).
|Address||31 Shrinagar, 7th Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Painting, Gymming, Travelling|
1985: Nomination for Best Supporting Actor for Mashaal
1989: Best Actor award for Tezaab
1993: Best Actor award for Beta
1998: Critics Award for Nominated for Best Actor for Virasat
2000: Nomination for Best Supporting Actor for Taal
2016: Nomination for Best Supporting Actor for Dil Dhadakne Do
National Film Awards
Government of India Awards
Note: He also has numerous other honours, awards and accomplishments.
|Controversies||• Once, Abhay Deol showed his frustration in media at the makers of ‘Aisha’ (2010), i.e., Sunil Manchanda, Rhea Kapoor, and Anil Kapoor, for We were left out of film promotions. Anil Kapoor (co-producer) of the film responded on Karan Johar’s Koffee mit Karan, that Abhay deol requires help in every possible way.
• In 2016, the Western Railway sent a notice to the production house M/S Market Men Consumer & Events Pvt Ltd for Shooting a promo ad on a train. Anil Kapoor, a Western Railway official stated that he was dangerously seen clinging to the footboard in Mumbai on a running train. for The Railway Act convicted him of an offense by his TV series 24: Season 2 on 14 July 2017.
|Affairs and Girls|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Madhuri Dixit (Actress, Rumour)
Kimi Katkar (Actress, Rumour)
Sunita Bhambhani Kapoor (Costume designer)
|The Marriage Date||19. May 1984|
|Wife/Spouse||Sunita Bhambhani Kapoor Costume Designer, m.1984-present
|Children||SonHarshvardhan Kamoor, Actor, Born in 1990
For the daughters– Sonam Kapoor (Actress, born in 1985), Rhea Kapoor (Producer, born in 1987)
|Parents||Father– Late Surinder Kapoor (Producer)
|Siblings||Brothers– Boney Kapoor (Elder, Producer), Sanjay Kapoor (Younger, Actor)
|Nephew/Niece(s)||Nephews– Arjun Kapoor
Nieces– Jhanvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor
|Food||Gujarati Thali. Baingan ka Bharta. With chappatis and Mooli Parathas. Grilled Chicken.|
|Actor(s)||Raj Kapoor, Charlie Chaplin|
|Actresses||Rekha, Sridevi and Katrina Kaif|
|Song||Farhan Akhtar’s “Rock On Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara”, from the film “Rock On”|
|Director(s)||Christopher Nolan. David Fincher. Darren Aronofsky. Danny Boyle.|
|Colour(s)||Black, Red, or White|
|Restaurant(s)||Mayfair, London: The Bar at Dorchester|
|Autos collection||Audi RS7, Mercedes ML350, BMW 7-Series 760 Li, W222 Mercedes Benz S-Class
|Salary (approx.||Rs. 3-4 Crore/film|
|Estimated Net Worth||Rs. Rs.|
Anil Kapoor: Some less-known facts
- Is Anil Kapoor a smoker?No (Quit)
- Does Anil Kapoor drink alcohol?: Yes
- Anil was raised in Chembur (Mumbai) by a Punjabi family.
- Initially, his family used to live in Raj Kapoor‘s garage in Mumbai, but later they shifted to the “chawl” area of the city.
- He has also worked in Raj Kapoor’s garage to financially support his family.
- Anil used to play and run with his bare feet as a kid.
- His father was a renowned film producer who earlier used to work as Shammi Kapoor‘s Secretary.
- Pune Film Institute denied him admission because he had failed to pass the written exam.
- His debut film was Hamare Tumhare. for “Tu Payal Mein Geet” first when he was just 14, but due to some circumstances, the film went unreleased.
- In 1983, he got his first lead role in a Hindi film titled “Woh Saat Din” and his character- Prem Pratap Singh became a household name.
- His role in the movie Mashaal, opposite Dilip Kumar, added a feather to his career cap; as he signed two films- Jaanbaz and Mere Jung on the night of the premiere of Mashaal.
- The same night, he went to his then-girlfriend, Sunita’s house and proposed her for marriage.
- Apart from acting, he is a trained semi-classical singer and has sung songs like “Pyaar Kiya Nahi Jata” from Woh Saat Din and the title track of the 1986 Bollywood comedy Chameli Ki Shaadi.
- On 19 May 1984, he tied the knot with the love of his life- Sunita, and they have three children- two daughters named Sonam and Rhea and one son named Harshvardhan.
- His 1985 flick ‘Meri Jung’ was the turning point of his career, which labelled him as “Mature” in the Indian cinema. Although initially offered the role as a villain, he eventually took the lead. Here’s a glimpse of a famous scene from the movie:
- Anil, along with Salma Agha, came up with his pop album titled “Welcome” in 1986, in which he sang all the songs with Salma and music was by Bappi Lahiri.
- His film Mr India (1987) showed him wearing one pair of clothes and the same hat throughout the entire movie. Amitabh Bachchan, however, was his first choice for He played a key role.
- With his performance in Tezaab the movie, he set an Indian standard in cinema. He shot the film just a few days before its release. for One scene from the railway track was included in the final cut. This happened a day before it was released.
- His name is well-known worldwide for his signature word ‘Jhakaas’!
- He did seven months of training to prepare for his film Nayak-The Real Hero. for The scene featured a 3D fighting scene that became famous. Anil, however, refused to trim his hair at the shooting. It was therefore decided that he would be smeared with mud.
- Badhaai Ho Badhaai was his first production, followed by My Wife’s Murder in 2005, Gandhi, My Father, and many more.
- Anil, in an interview for a magazine revealed the most difficult part of shooting. for Mud fighting was very hard. for Multani Mitti can be applied and removed again and again as soon as the water evaporates.
- He is the only actor who has been in all the three parts of the Race movie series- Race, Race 2, Race 3, in the role of detective Robert D’ Costa, who is a funny-cum intelligent cop.
- In 2008, he did his first International film- Slumdog Millionaire, in which he played the role of Prem Kumar, the game’s show host, and the movie won 8 Academy Awards (Oscar) in different categories.
- Anil Kapoor spoke to Preity Zinta about his first phone conversation with Sunita and how he fell in love with Sunita’s voice. As time passed, their relationship grew closer and they started a love story.
- In 2010, he was featured in American TV Series titled “24” as Kamistan President Omar Hassan and then also in Indian TV Series on the same name of the American- 24, as the lead actor- Jai Singh Rathod.
- Anil Kapoor, for his outstanding contribution to cinematography was presented with a wax statue at Madame Tussauds Singapore.
- Dil Dhadakne Do’s entire shooting was subject to his hairstyle. He was prohibited from showing any of his looks and was instead given a bandanna. Moreover, it took around 100 hours to design Anil’s hairstyle for The film.
- One time, he compared himself to a French bottle of wine. It gets better as you age.
- He was a fully-fledged Sardar in 2017. for Mubarakan was his first film role in his film career.
- He is Ranveer Singh‘s uncle, as his wife is the first cousin of Ranveer’s father.
- His self-importance is evident. He revealed that he stopped looking for a substitute or source for a mirror whenever he found one. for For a time, he watches him closely and gains self-confidence.
- Sonam Kapoor, Anil’s daughter, has stopped smoking and entered Bollywood as her father promised.
- After 18 long years, he was cast in Total Dhamaal as Madhuri Dixit and AjayDevgn.
- He believes his positive attitude and good eating habits are what have contributed to his excellent health and body.