Looking for Ambati Rayudu Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More? Read through this article.
|Full Name||Ambati Thirupathi Rayudu|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maximum Height||in centimeters– 170 cm
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
|The approximate weight||in kilograms65 to 65 Kg
in pounds– 143 lb
|International Debut||Take a test– You Didn’t Play
ODI24-07-2013 vs Zimbabwe, Harare
T207. September 2014 in Birmingham – England
|Last Match||Take a test– You Didn’t Play
ODIRanchi, 8 March 2019, against Australia
T2022 June 2016, Harare, Zimbabwe
|International Retirement||3. July 2019,|
|Jersey Number||#5 (India)
#9 IPL, Country Cricket
|State/domestic Team||• Baroda
• Hyderabad Heroes
• Mumbai Indians
• Chennai Super Kings
|Bowling Style||Offbreak for the right-arm|
|Favorite shot||Get a scoop shot|
|Date of birth||23 September 1985|
|Age as of 2020||35 years|
|Place of Birth||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||Bhavan’s Sri Ramakrishna Vidyalaya, Sainikpuri, Secunderabad|
|Hobbies||Listening to music, traveling|
|Controversies||• Throughout his career, Rayudu was involved in confrontations with players and umpires.
• He was involved in a scuffle with Hyderabad player Arjun Yadav while playing for Andhra Pradesh in a Ranji match in 2005. Rayudu was attacked by Yadav with a stump during the fight.
• In a 2012 IPL match, Rayudu used foul language against Harshal Patel. You can read more this act and was penalized 100% of the match fee.
• In the 2014 India A’s tour of Australia, he was seen hurling expletives at the umpire after his dismissal.
• After a match in the 2016 IPL, Rayudu and Harbhajan Singh were involved in an on-field spat.
• In 2017, a video of Ryudu got viral on social media, in which he was seen manhandling a senior citizen.
• In 2018, he received a two-match ban by the BCCI after his heated confrontation with the umpires during a Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy match against Karnataka.
• In January 2019, he was reported for There are suspected bowling violations in T20Is, Tests and ODIs. The bowlers can only flex their elbows up to 15 degrees.
• In April 2019, selectors dropped him from the World Cup squad in favor of Vijay Shankar, Rayudu tweeted “Just Ordered a new set of 3d glasses to watch the world cup.”
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Get married|
|The Marriage Date||14 February 2009|
|Parents||FatherAmbati Sambasiva Rao worked at the archives.
|Your Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar V V S Laxman Steve Waugh|
A Few Lesser-Known Facts about Ambati Rayudu
- AmbatiRayudu is an Indian cricket player from Hyderabad.
- In 1992, when Rayudu was 8 years old, his father enrolled him in a coaching camp in Hyderabad, which was run by former Hyderabad cricketer Vijay Paul.
- Rayudu shared in an interview that his first memories of international cricket were the 1993 Hero Cup.
- Rayudu, 16 years old, made his debut in class during 2001-02 Ranji Trophy.
- Rayudu had claimed for the Indian cap after scoring 210 and 159 not out against Andhra in only his third Ranji game. Rayudu was also the youngest Ranji player to achieve a double century, and even a century.
- He captained India’s under-19 World Cup team in 2004, which had players like Suresh Raina, Irfan Pathan, Dinesh Karthik, RP Singh, and Shikhar Dhawan.
- Rayudu, the substitute player was chosen in December 2012. for Manoj Tiwary, the wounded for T20I Series against England. Sandeep Patil chaired the selection panel that selected him.
- Rayudu and V. V. S. Laxman have played together in the Ranji Trophy.
- Apart from being a batsman, he was a part-time off-spinner and wicket-keeper.
- His bowling action was similar to that of Sri Lanka off-spinner Muthiah Muralitharan.
- When India was playing a practice match against Australia A team in Australia, an umpire gave him lbw out which he didn’t agree upon and lost control over his emotions.
- During the 2014 IPL, once he brought a homemade biryani for MS Dhoni with his Chennai Super Kings team players.
- He is a huge fan of Manchester United football club.
- After being ignored twice when two Indian players, Shikhar Dhawan and Vijay Shankar, sustained injuries in the 2019 Cricket World Cup, Rayudu, on 3 July 2019, announced his retirement from international cricket.
- Rayudu’s career included 55 ODIs that scored 1694 runs at an average 47.05, and six T20Is that scored only 42 runs at an average 10.50.